Calls From A Friend

Saving You

JiYong

“What do you normally do to calm down?” I ask as we drive home, “Do you run or something?”

From the back seat Hana shakes her head, she has pulled a blanket over her body and she is curled up into a ball.

“Do you, I don’t know, release tension?”

“I’ve never tried it.” She mutters, her voice is soft and pained. I can’t believe I let her Mother pound into her with so many questions and contradictions for so long.

“You just let it all build up huh?”

She shakes her head. “Normally I will sleep for a while… Cry occasionally then go back to life…”

“Well… For me… Could you try to do something different?”

A short nod.

“I am going to take you to a twenty four hour gym, they have a pool and treadmills and punching bags… You can use something to release the tension or the pain or whatever it is that you’re feeling…”

Hana nods, “What about swimmers and such?”

“I will buy you some when we get there. But you owe me. I can’t afford all of this, YongBae doesn’t pay me that well to look after you.”

Even though I know it’s not the time to start on this topic I feel like I need to remind the both of us that I am here to simply look after her, I’m working whenever we are together… Looking after her when she was sick was just a reflex. You can’t let your client be sick if you can’t help it, right?

“I know…” Hana mutters, closing her eyes and curling up more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took us a while to get here and get the swimmers, but now Hana is swimming freely around in the water, doing laps and whatever it is that you do in order to feel semi normal. I watch from outside, having a cigarette, as she gets out and makes her way to the change rooms.

I can feel my phone buzz in my pocket, picking it up I answer.

“JiYong!” A man’s voice calls from the other end, “I heard from a little birdy that you had a girl in your life, one that didn’t get paid or use you!”

“HeeNim…”

“What? She’s paying you I hear.” His voice is dangerous, I know if I say anything he will tell me something that I know I don’t want to hear.

“She isn’t paying me… YongBae is.”

“Ah… So the rising sun is paying you to baby sit this girl?”

“Yes…”

“What a lame job,” He laughs, “Anyway, that’s not why I called…”

“So you didn’t call me to tell me that my job is lame?”

“No. I called to ask how you were treating the lovely thing.”

“You what?” I scratch my head, throwing my cigarette to the ground and stomping on it.

“Should I try again slowly? Has all that cigarette smoke infected your brain as well as your lungs?”

I sigh, he is too much…

“Yah! Kwon JiYong. Answer me! How are you treating her?”

“What do you mean HeeNim…?”

“It’s HeeChul now.”

“What?”

“Call. Me. HeeChul.” He sounds pissed…

“Oh… Okay… HeeChul?” I want to ask why but I know that once HeeNim has his mind set on a topic it can’t change ‘till he says so.

“Good, now, I mean that I want to know if you are treating her with care, or are you trying  to on her? Or are you treating her like a ticking time bomb?”

“I… I don’t know…”

“Imagine, she is sick in bed, her depression-“

“How do you know she has depression?”

“I asked YongBae. Don’t interrupt me. Now, she is sick, high temperature, yet she is cold, she isn’t eating… You are scared that because she is sick something bad will happen? Am I right? You would be so nervous and scared that she would do something like act on her depression…”

“HeeChul…”

“You would curl up next to her on her bed wouldn’t you? Wanting to keep her warm you’d give her all the blankets you could and then you would share your body warmth. If she didn’t want to eat you would make her soup with real meat even though you’re as broke as her…”

“HeeChul!”

“And then you would feed it to her, a shy smile on your face, and when she would complain about her face being too hot you would get a cold face washer, rest it on her forehead. You would try not to sleep in order to keep her company if she woke up…”

“How…” I start but am quickly interrupted.

“You wouldn’t care about getting her cold. You wouldn’t care about the fact that she is just a client, a child that you have to look after. Because after three weeks of living together you would have gotten too close, right JiYong? You would have finally cracked when you saw her in pain?”

“How do you know all this?” I yell into the phone, and I hear a laugh from his end.

“YongBae told me.” He laughs.

“YongBae can’t keep his mouth shut can he?”

“If you continue to treat her that way you may end up with something more than you bargained for Kwon JiYong.”

“What do you mean?”

“I will tell you later. For now, my y boyfriend is here. Bye bye you cheesy little ~”

“Wait!”

The phone is already disconnected.

“Who are you asking to wait?” Hana asks, appearing from no-where.

I sigh, she looks better now. “An old friend.”

She gives a sad smile. “Should we go home?”

I nod, “Sure, a good night’s sleep will help too, right?”

 

A/N:: Hi guyes~! Sorry, I was meant to post this yesterday, but me and my housemate just ended up sleeping all day and watching movies (we are so lazy, we didn't get up till 1 today...)

Do you think HeeChul's character is good? I was trying hard to make him... HeeChul... I don't know if I succeded or not... hahaha

Anyway, I shall try to update again this week, but I don't know, it depends on whether or not my housemate wants to go to the library... haha I won;t update this weekend or next Monday because I am going away for my birthday. But I will try to update before then. 

Until next time <3