Ask Questions

Saving You

YongBae was of no help. Well, that is what JiYong thought anyway. It was Hana that had thought the Doctor could help the two of them become closer and all he had said was ‘ask questions’.

“How is that even meant to help?” JiYong had asked YongBae over the phone.

“Have you ever heard of the game twenty questions?” as if seeing JiYong shake his head through the phone YongBae explains immediately, “It’s a game where two or more people take turns to ask each other questions. It’s an alternating game, so say you start Hana can’t ask a question until she answers you.”

“Oh…”

“Okay, good to hear you understand the idea, just start simple. Ask her favourite colour, you are allowed to ask the same question but you have to be creative as well. Don’t go too personal JiYong, leave that for later.” YongBae sighs, “I’ll leave you to it. Talk later JiYong.”

The older hangs up leaving JiYong to stare at the floor with his phone to his ear with no clue as to how to bring up the game with Hana.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day after several hours of Hana sitting in her room studying for the start of the new term which was only a few days away, she finally came out.

“JiYong…” Hana walks up to the older, he looks up from his laptop, where he has been trying to compose a new song. (Repeat, trying.) Pulling down his headphones he shyly smiles at Hana.

“Did you call YongBae?” she asks him, stretching her arms over her head.

JiYong nods, “He said to play some stupid game called twenty-questions… Ever heard of it?”

Hana nods, scoffing slightly, “I went to an all-girls school. I think I may have played it once or twice.”

“So…”

“I guess you want me to start, huh?” JiYong nods at Hana, “Do you have any siblings?”

“Yes, a sister, DaMi.” JiYong says as he saves his work, closing down his laptop. “What are you studying?”

“International accounting.” Hana pulls out a chair, sitting down.  “Why did you need YongBae to help you find a job?”

“Because I got let go at my last job and jobs in this music industry are hard to come by.” He sighs, fidgeting slightly, “What is your family like?”

Hana looks up, fear in her eyes for a split second. “It’s just been my Mother and I for some time… I never really knew my Father…” She looks at her lap, after some time she mutters softly, “Can we not ask family questions… I don’t feel comfortable with it…”

JiYong nods, his voice also soft, he feels bad for bringing up a sensitive topic. “Okay, ask another one…”

“Favourite colour?”

“Black.”

“Black is a shade.”

“Fine… Red…” He pauses, thinking of his next question.

“Why do you think black is considered a shade?”

Hana takes her time, thinking it through. She knows that the typical answer is because it is or something about it being the opposite of light. “Well, take red, it sits there as red, but as you add more light, it becomes more and more pink until suddenly there is no more red, it is simply white. However as you take away light it becomes darker, turning into a burgundy then more light is taken away and it becomes darkness, becomes black. Empty and void of all traces of red…”

“Wow…” JiYong mutters.

Hana smiles. “Anyway…  Ideal item of hording?”

“Clothes…” JiYong says, still surprised by such a detailed and artistic answer. “Do you really want to be an accountant?”

“No, I’ve always wanted to be an artist, I love paint. The way it can be manipulated on a page with water, a knife or simply a brush… Or a writer…” she can’t stop herself from talking of a topic she loves, ignoring the fact that JiYong is simply a baby sitter, she lets her thoughts free. “I like how I can control the future for some creature that has no idea they are being created letter by letter. They have no clue that someone is sitting at a screen typing slowly, or quickly, watching as the letters become words which turn to sentences and then form paragraphs and eventually a story…”

“You’re a very deep person aren’t you?”

Hana shrugs, “I guess…”

“Your Mum is the one who wants you to be an accountant?”

“Mmm… there is nothing in art or writing. You need a backup… Anyway it’s my turn,” Hana says, smiling sadly, “Do you think, if you knew how life turned out you would still follow that path?”

I shrug, “I don’t know.”

 

A/N:: Hey guys~! I am procrastinating again~! kekeke, its terrible for me, but good for you right?  I really should do more work... hahaha

We get to meet Tao next chapter~! Cute little Tao~!! I love that panda!! 

Please comment, I feel like I am writing for ghosts... I would love to hear your feedback or thoughts... 

Until next time <3