Dates

Saving You

Hana went shopping with Tao after their classes finished, with Hana being dragged from expensive store to more expensive store. Tao offered to buy her something several times within a Gucci store, but Hana declined dragging him into a K-Mart and finding some new clothes, which Tao insisted he paid for. Secretly he was happy that Hana didn’t find anything in Gucci that she liked; he didn’t have enough money to buy them both Gucci.

After their shop they settled down at a café where they had a coffee and talked about everything from family to their futures. Future relationships was silently declared a no go zone by both of them and avoided it all costs. They settled for ordering food when it seemed like the only thing that was going to be questioned. After they had finished their food to the best of their abilities – leaving few crumbs behind even after complaining about how full they were several times – they decided to pack up and leave.

The two walked back to the university dorms still talking of random things, only when they reached Hana’s door did Tao even mention leaving and seeing her later. At first she was considering dragging him inside but her phone buzzing in her pocket stopped her from mentioning it, instead bidding Tao a good evening and walking indoors.

JiYong was waiting for her in the lounge, smiling even though he looked like he hadn’t slept for quite some time. Hana raised a hand as a greeting, before motioning to her phone and walking to her room. Once inside she called the number back, surprised to hear a cheerful Seunghyun on the other end. They didn’t talk for long, Seunghyun having to see his tutor, but their conversation was vast. Seunghyun asking Hana for some advice in class and in return offering advice on dating – Hana would never admit to asking a high school student for dating advice, it was too embarrassing, but she accepted what he said none the less.

They bid each other goodbye and Hana put her phone on charge before walking out too see JiYong, still smiling yet more sleepy now.

“Why don’t you sleep?” Hana asks him when she sits down.

“I wanted to see you. I felt bad about not…” he looks down at his hands, he doesn’t want to say ‘doing my job’ but it is the only thing that really describes what it is he does when he is following her around all day.

Hana just shrugs, understanding what he means, “I don’t like being baby sat all the time…”

They both nod, silence enveloping their conversation completely, it was a touchy topic.

“So… What have you been doing locked up in your room?” Hana asks after sometime, attempting to avoid the previous topic at all costs.

JiYong instantly brightens up, “I had so many ideas Hana!” He bounces on the sofa, “I wrote so many songs~ I just need to record the demos and then I can sell them!”

She smiles softly, she never truly understood what it was that JiYong did. He worked in the music industry – she knew that – and wrote music and lyrics, but did he sing them or just sell them to other people to sing? It was all too confusing for her. “That’s great to hear.”

They both yawn at the same time.

“I think we need to sleep.” Hana mutters with a tired giggle.

He nods, rising from the lounge and holding out his hands for Hana to take. “I will help you up.”

Smiling Hana takes his hands and is pulled up onto her feet and into a surprise hug. It is warm and as she wraps her arms around JiYong she feels insanely comfortable.

“I did miss you today… So… Tomorrow, we are going on a date. I know you don’t have classes so we shall go somewhere nice.”

Hana just nods, tightening her arms around JiYong. He laughs, “Are my hugs that good?”

Another nod.

“Come on, go to bed, you can hug me tomorrow.” Letting go of her JiYong walks away to his room. Hana follows his lead and makes her way to her room, finding Juju curled up amongst her blankets. After making herself comfortable she instantly falls into dream land.

 

The next day JiYong takes Hana to a small theme park which is mostly empty aside from the few tourists that managed to find their way there. Although the park is small there are still plenty of things to do. Rollercoasters and merry-go-rounds, there is an arcade and even some carnival games in another section. JiYong lets Hana lead him round the park, letting her pick all the rides – all the tall roller coasters are first, and they have JiYong laughing while Hana screams at her bad choice in rides.

He doesn’t complain about her wanting to ride the merry-go-round or the swings, he doesn’t mind versing her in the basketball game she found in the arcade, nor does he mind spending that little bit more money on the carnival games in attempt to win a fluffy white bear – it takes ten or so goes before Hana actually achieve her goal naming the bear Gain.

The only time he complains when she suggest that they go to the haunted house that is situated in the middle of the park. Not that JiYong doesn’t like haunted houses, he watches horror movies all the time and doesn’t get too scared. He just doesn’t like the jump scares that occur within those places.

“Oh come on!” Hana whines, pulling on his arm, “Just one time, please?”

He shakes his head, refusing to move an inch. “No! That is something I don’t want to do!”

“And yet you have done everything else with me? Why not this one!” She pouts.

“Because everything else is something I like too!”

They’re standing right in front of the entrance making a scene for the tourist that walk by occasionally, normally Hana would have given up. But she hadn’t been in a haunted house for quite some time and this was something she really wanted. She was about to let go and just go by herself when a thought came to her.

“You know if Tao were here… all I would have to do is offer him some food and he would come with me.” She smiles, “I will buy you whatever meat you want if you come with me!”

That is the last thing JiYong wants to hear, that brat Tao – who can’t even watch a children’s horror show like Goosebumps without crying – would enter this house of horror for food. JiYong – being a male and fighting for his pride (and a girl) – sighs.

“I will go in, but you don’t have to buy me food.” He exhales, “There is no way that Tao can one up me here.”

With that, Hana leads them into the haunted house, smiling at her success.

 

A/N:: I feel bad cause this chapter is acting more as a filler than anything, originally I was going to make two chapters out of both the dates but this seemed more efficent. In the next chapter I hope to make more happen. At this rate there are around 5 or so chapters left - but this may or may not change depending on how I feel when writing them. I hope you liked this chapter even though nothing really happened... 

Until next time <3