Day 2: Midnight

When I End The Days' Without You

Celine Pov

Yes. I broke out of the cell. Not a human cell. But a prison cell. More like forced to escape than really make an escape. Truthfully I never really cared about my life. Nor relationships that was built around me. Once I entered into this prison camp. I deem myself and swear that if I ever get out of here. The Choi Family will be gone for good. And here she is. The woman I hated.

 

Choi Sooyoung

 

Carrying a gun. Shooting and tasering guards and inmates alike.

 

Brave.

 

I can only think of it. Betrayal maybe the end of things of what life does to a pesky kid. A kid who wants to be just survive. Yet when someone comes back…make you feel grateful. You become weak. Weaker and more vulnerable. Sitting on a prison bed, was I. She was the hero in all black. And I was damsel in distress. The tables turns so quickly and frequently till I was confused by myself.

 

Was I in control or others was?

 

“Why are you here?”

“…”

“Will die if I get out of here?”

“…”

“Get your hands off me!!!”

“…”

 

Not even a word being exchanged. Distant cousins was we. And here how more distant can we both be? She grabbed me quickly and with the force that I was unknown of, knocked me unconscious. Seriously, I wonder. Why am I the one always be in fear of what others will do to me? I fear.

 

Yes. I fear.

 

This was not the end of the little game. But the start of the race between the thin and invisible line of life and death. Greetings said one. A little voice ran in my head.

“I am your disgusting guardian angel.”

 

 The angel was not visual satisfying but had a voice that is. I nor spoke. I knew I’m getting mental issues. I was pulled into a corner. I never felt a sensation like…death is finally upon me. I can see the beauty of it and it was more than what I dreamed of…

 

“Yah! Celine! Are you ok?”

 

Why is that voice so familiar?

 

I got out of the prison. I figured out like ‘every other human being’. I’m freed. Freed to cause another harm. To make the Choi’s monarchy be a dead end of death and pain. No one associated will be spared.

 

Including me.

 

I’m a horrid person. I am and always will be one.

 

Is that why I am still here?

 

I woke up. I knew. So did she… Bitter it is and was. We can never leave without each other in case we lose someone. Those that became treasures as time goes away slowly.

 

“What’s next?”

 

 

Sooyoung Pov

 

Why would I do this? Endanger my life for her? If… life was such a simple story. None would had happened! So would I save her in exchange for family and friends dear to me? Questions that was never needed to be asked as it always had the answer for not in the end. But even before it was being asked. The pain of one can be the pain of others. The connection between us is a cycle. A cycle involuntarily created and involved with. However for the sake of my group members and family. I will be the sacrificial lamb.

 

For others.

 

Yesterday, the game was between me and her. Now it’s more than game. It does not include me nor her. But the competition between the dogs and cats in town. The team dog, the loyalty and cuteness that never left. The team cats that change, dominant and fight like the every end of its breath. Before I agreed, lunch was still set with 2 of members. Jessica can thank me now. Since I had literally save her best friend and ‘sister’. A person that I was genuinely instilled jealousy into my heart. I was the hopeless one compared to her in all times. And still Tiffany still cared for her more than words are being said or actions being done.

 

Am I the worthless one? In the eyes of others?

 

My uncle words rang into my head. Reminding that I had no reason to fear or die. Only if I failed his words. The words of the Satan. The typicality of a soul here on earth to live life without regards is a theory that became a goal. A motive and a wish. Something that one never had. The time and pain they will have to pay till they understand. I look into the truth.

 

Without my existence, sometime that others took for granted will be gone for good.

 

It’s midnight. My stunt double came. The person that will be saving my cousin. I waited. And waited. The crime that I committed is no bigger than other murders. I will be in jail for the good of time. So as her. As I drove to the pick-up point where I will start another race of my life. The ‘throne of heir’s game show’ as the old man liked to call it as. The reigning grandfather of company which the desperate Younger Choi tries to take over. Celine’s dad. That bastard. Started as soon as Celine woke up.

 

“What next?”

 

Her poker face hid that most of emotions that one use to make a judgement and take into consideration for next move. But what I knew as the blood of Choi’s.

 

She’s afraid.  

 

“Depends… If you really want to live?”

“Only if you want to?

“So should we make a move?”

“After…I blackmail someone.”

 

 

 

 

James Willam ~ Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.