Understanding my Past At Last? Part 2

When I End The Days' Without You

Author Pov

 

Year 2001~ 2003

“Mom! Why must I move back to the States?”

“Your Grandparents wishes you to.”

“No. I don’t want to.”

“My dear you have to.”

“Mom….Must I make amendments with Jessica’s grandparents?”

“I don’t know and I’m a bit busy right now.”

“I heard Jessica-ssi moved to Seoul….”

“Oh…Then I think you can be sure of yourself that you won’t hurt her anymore.”

“Yes…. Thank You.”

 

“For working so hard to make a living and a better future for me…”

“…”

“I know. I know that you are not so happy that you had me but I’m really grateful that you make me experience from little things to hardships in life.”

“….Yes. Please leave if you have nothing else to say. I must make a call to finalise something’s.”

“Yes, mother….I love you….”

 

The words came out normally from the bottom of my heart. I never hated her.

I…I….I loved her…

Soon this little girl who was bound to fly back to the States for education. She was only 12 but she’s already an 8th grader when her peers in Korea and America are a 6th grader. But now she must retake her 6th grader education so that she would be able to act like a normal child. Not a child that has millions of assets and over 100 thousands of people working for her in the present and the future.

At least I could be normal for once.

So she took a step and entered the plane flying to L.A. She was afraid and hopefully may be able to survive through the ordeal of her grandparents. Since…She’s older, stronger, bigger and smarter compared when she was a 3 year old. Looking back, if she never revealed her secrets and pain to Jessica, she would never lose a friend that is more precious than her life. But she knew better, to the fact that she would have killed herself if it’s wasn’t Sica’s love and understanding. Comfort and forgiving to all her pain and tantrums. She would never be a friend but a foe. Thus this gave meaning to her and gave her courage and confidence to restart her happiness in America. In the land and California where her happy days once lay.

I was glad. Yet why am I feeling the shivers down my spine?

Upon her arrival, without any hello and goodbyes. She was sent to a boot camp, a camp that taught to live in wilderness, to think, to make money out of nothing and to hunt like a lion. Be merciless to all and never trust anyone. She took her test’s, finding her too clever to be in the boot camp. They make her go home. But does she have a home?

I wondered? Who should I approach? Mother or my Grandparents?

With some deliberation, she asked the camp director to send her to San Francisco. She remembered the address of the one’s she felt so guilty and indebt to. And make her way there….

Unknown to my grandparents, I must do something that they did not. Make amendments!

Slowly she pressed the doorbell of a lovely old couple house. Hiding her face in the hoodie. Hoping they would at least open the door to give her at least 10 seconds to apologies and make offerings. Unknown to her, they knew she was on the way. They were given instructions to ignore her. To make her feel miserable. It was an order that her grandparents gave to the couple.

Here goes nothing *ding dong*….

She apologized and apologized. Cried and kneed on her knees. They forgave her. She left immediately before her grandparents even came. She had that gut feeling that her grandparents almost here. She ran and hid. Took a bus to the airport and used the money she has to get to Seoul. But to her surprise, she in the first place didn’t even need to run. Her grandparents wanted to bring her back to Seoul. But from what she had learned in the 3 year trainings of all the boot camps she had went. One after another, is that never trust a word of those who are the closes to you. They are the most darkest and unpredictable people. She left California and went to a place she who say…

Home sweet Home.

 

Year 2004

 

After returning to Seoul, she went to Seoul Performing Arts High School. She got in immediately, even she before she auditioned for the school. Once her name was on the list, they know that with her in school. The school would get as much of financial support they wanted. But truly speaking, she was one hell of an artist. While training at the arts boot camp in America, she learned many dance steps from dance sports, exotic, jazz, ballet, modern and break dance. She was more than qualified. If you add in more on her achievements in instruments and her vocals. She an artist without any certificates. Now when she returned to her room, she said something lying on the drawer. A name card. A name card of from a particular company. What are the chances her grandparents will ruin it for their sake?

1000% out of 100%

Without due, she still went ahead and called the number. The talent scout.

“Hello, this is the CEO speaking.”

“Oh…um…you give me a card to call you?”

“Really, I don’t think I remember handing any kids my name card.”

“Yes you did.”

“Sorry, I think you have to call another staff. Let me give you the number.”

“You know me. As I know you Mr Seo.”

“Who are you?”

“You know me.”

“….Who are you?...”

“WHO AM I?”

“…Ah…”

“Remember it now?”

“Yes…Miss Kim. Celine Kim.”

"I’m back…Are you?”

“Well. I will meet you now.”

“Well Mr CEO. Are you too busy to handle a call from your future revenue generator?”

“You definitely have changed. Where are you?”

“I will meet you in SM in an hour.”

“I will wait patiently Miss Kim and personally to my office.”

“Well… I guess since that you aren’t that busy like I am, I will come when I’m done.”

“What!”

“Just kidding. I will be there in an hour.”

 

Just as I entered the building, I already saw her. The forbidden one.

 

“Ah that’s Jessica, she’s the same age as you.”

“Oh I see…”

“Class you have a new trainee joining you.”

“Hi. I’m Celine. I’m 15 years old. I will do my best.”

This was her biggest mistake since she returned from America. She knew her grandparents had already threaten SM. But she knows that she have to stay no matter what happens. Till the day she’s assured that her dame is in safe hands. Then she would leave SM.

 

Jessica Jung. As I had promised.