Day 1: Frenemies

When I End The Days' Without You

Sooyoung Pov

 

Once Celine reached, I promptly headed into the bathroom without another second thought. Like me, she headed to the toilet. I tried to keep my cool which I did when we tried to drown over voices out of earshot of Jessica and Tiffany. She switched on the shower putting it to the maximum so that over voiced won’t slip through the door. I follow suite and on the tap. I sat on the sink top while she leans against the door. Her eyes were bloodshot red. I knew nothing better to say.

 

But we gotta start somewhere?

 

“Hey…”

“It’s none of your business to start with. You are free to go.”

“What?”

“I just need Tiffany’s help … You just need to help yourself.”

“What!!! This is what you do to me when I grab your hand pull you out!”

“Yes. Says the person who refuse to help me and ignored me when I needed help the most.”

“…”

“We’re not friends…though we’re cousins. Removed cousins … I cannot work with you.”

“SO WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO…let me drown?”

“If you wish so…”

 

I clenched my fists and calm myself.

 

Her attitude…It has changed.

 

“…”

“Sooyoung ssi. If you may I would want to speak to Tiffany now.”

 

No! I’m never gonna let her out if she is going to let me face that man alone.

 

“Celine. Come let’s talk it out….”

“Are you still selfish to think that this thing is all about me?!!!”

“…I don’t really know…”

“Yes. Still arrogant and ignorant till this day. I knew it not to depend either of you people.”

“No! That’s not it! Celine you must have mistaken about it.”

“What about ‘it’!?”

“…Nothing…”

“You didn’t take care of Jessica or Tiffany.”

“What?”

“At least the others understands. Even Yoona…”

“Hey keep to the point. Now isn’t the time to say. You need get out.”

“Yes. It’s only me. So I have no relations to you and neither need to be in any type of relation with you?”

“Why are being like this?”

 

The emotion barriers I can see she built up. A fortress of it. I could not feel her emotions like I’m supposed to… Honestly I don’t know her.

 

But they do?

 

“Let’s talk outside.”

“No. Let’s finish all things here.”

 

Her firm tone and authoritative words. Give me nothing but hate.

 

Emotional hate.

 

“Celine…”

“I wanted to start everything on a clean note. But I think your prejudice towards had kept you from me.”

“…”

“Sooyoung…”

 

She grab me hard with her lean arms covered with thick layers of clothing. Though it’s the hottest periods of the year. Summer.

 

Summer where I last saw you. You never took a look and walked away. I distain the fact that you can never make me feel that I was part of your family. Neither did your father or your grandfather. Yet now when you needed me like I needed you.

 

You refuse to hold my hand walk. Why?

 

“…”

“Sooyoung… I need you to survive… I can die but you can’t. You don’t have the ability to. I can risk everything in my life.”

“Like you risked Jessica and Tiffany.”

“No…”

“Then who. Us? The SM trainees. Your new friends? Apink. Your life. Your empire. What? What do you want to lose?

“My life.”

“You mean…what are doing now?”

“No. I am willing to die.”

“…”

“…”

“Who are to say that? Don’t you think that you’re not precious to us?”

 

I started hitting her.

 

“If I ended this. I don’t think those around me need to face the pain I will face today.”

 

Like that she walked out of the bathroom…

 

I screamed at her but she kept her cool.

 

No matter how hard it can be…

 

 

Tiffany’s Pov

 

Once she came out. I tried to dry my tears. I wanted to hit her. But I couldn’t. She was prepare to leave once again…

 

Without us and alone…

 

No! I won’t let that happen again. I really understand that the world is filled with dark hatred and … there is nothing that I can do about it.

 

Hope. And. Honesty.

 

“Celine…Before you go can you…”

“…”

“Don’t leave me.”

 

She didn’t push me. She just froze. Froze for that very second and pushed me away.

 

“Celine!”

“I need to give all your contacts of people around L.A.”

“What?”

“I don’t have time.”

“…”

“If I…If I… can make it out…I can’t promise anything but I will give you some of my inheritance.”

“…”

“Now! I need the contacts. Give me your phone...”

“…No!...”

“If you must…”

 

She was going to walk to the door again and Sooyoung slapped her.

 

“Let me go. Sooyoung. If not! You will die too.”

“What! So what!”

“You won’t want your sister to die too?”

“…”

“I know your family. Though your father desperately hide your elder sister while he can’t hide you.”

“…”

 

The entire room was like in the moment for silence. The silence for the tragedies in the world.

 

But it wasn’t like that.

 

“How?”

“If you know me like they do you won’t need think why I have over 20 bodyguards around me throughout the last 3 years of my life!”

“…”

 

We…I mean Jessica and I. Even Taeyeon knows her…. Her other side of life. The one where fairy tales doesn’t exist. The place where warriors fought. Places where she faced fear every single day that she won’t think of fear. She will be fearless. That she could conquer the world that she is born into.

 

But is this … all necessary?

 

“Tiffany…Stephanie. I want your help now. Please…help me.”

“…”

“If don’t wish to, I guess this will be our last farewell.”

“Why?”

“Stephanie, I will… you know that I can never be happy as you are. Though you had suffered. I can never be optimistic about you.”

“I don’t need to be happy…I just want you to be with me.”

“You have all that you need. I’m just a past of your life.”

“No…”

“I don’t care about it now. Your phone.”

 

In surrender I gave her my phone. She scroll down all the contacts without even writing it and saving it into her phone. And I finally realised…

 

I don’t know her at all. Yet she knows so much about me.

 

 

 

Jessica Pov

 

Her departure and her coming is lasted nothing. Nothing to me. I could feel. Her eyes darted all around the room.

 

Hide. The storm is going to crash soon. Now!

 

The translation that ran into my mind. I saw little possibility of future that we were gonna to be able to stick together.

 

Enjoy the moment when you still have it.

 

I stared coldly on the events that happened between her interactions with Tiffany and Sooyoung.

 

It’s pretty much the most useless things that I have ever seen to keep her staying.

 

What I have learn from my past…with her. Is that you should never run with her if you don’t wish her to be dead. Since when I woke up, I had no memory of her, entirely. I cannot understand her when she ran again. Or truly speaking left again. I learned from my past and I don’t want to let it happen again. That was the biggest of my life. I didn’t actually know what happened to her.

 

My Grandmother knew…..

It was a cold day in Seoul. I dreamed that I fought with Celine. Once I woke up, I saw the worried eyes of my grandmother. My maternal grandmother who came to visit. To visit me… I gathered my senses again and hit myself hard. Convinced that I live life without her. Her forever. As each moment I tried to get of bed, I cried. She hugged me tight. In comfort, I let my tears out. The regret that I felt in my heart. That I lose her again. This time. Without even knowing it. I can’t help to self-blame myself. It was my fault. Up to the part where she spoke….

“I knew all about her…”

“…”

“She was like a greatest grandchild I can get.”

“…”

“Her mother hated her. Her grandfather hated her. They hated her as she was like her father.”

“…”

“A brave soul. And a very endearing one.”

“Yet…”

“She smelled of their enemy’s blood.”

“The Choi’s.”

“Yes. She belonged to the Choi’s. The child is very intelligent. After she was crashed by the truck…”

“...”

“She pulled herself together. She did not fight. She listened. She listened and developed even better ways to help her painful heart.”

“… Grandmother… I think I don’t need to know.”

“No! Jessica, you cannot hide and run. She gave you her all. She woke up a month after coma and went for therapies. Many of it. You make her. Her goal to live. You are the one who gave her the strength to face her world.”

“Grandma…”

“I do not wish to tell you. But her grandparents were the ones who pushed her to the accident. She knew too well.”

“The truck…”

“The truck was meant for her to stop running.”

“Yet…”

“She helped you. Which you hit your head.”

“Losing my memories.”

“And her too. If she didn’t have the willpower to stand up. To stand up to protect you again with her life…she would had died.”

“Why? ...Why must life end like that?”

“She and her father were not to be together.”

“She found him…by herself.”

“Yes. More than that…before she came back to Seoul as a teenager.”

“Yes?”

“I saw her.”

“…”

“She was running, her conditions weren’t that good but she came and told your grandfather and I the same words.”

“…”

“She told us… ‘ I’m forever sorry and repentant of my faults to your granddaughter. Punish me if you may. I’m forever indebted to your family and Jessica Jung’”

“…”

 

That was my Celine. Thinking before the aftermath. To make this aftermath a bigger one, I finally decided to make it… into a harder one.

 

“Celine Kim.”

“Yes. Jessica Jung. What do you want me to do?”

“Have a lunch with me before you go.”

“…”

“Celine. I know what you promised my family and to me...You have to obey.”

“…”

“I don’t care what endangers it will bring it to me or Sooyoung or Tiffany…”

“Jessica Jung. I obey to your words.”

“…”

“Let’s go. I will wait for you at the back entrance.”

“…”

“No time to lose. If you wish to see me at my grave every year. Please. Let’s go.”

 

She opened the door for me. I left the room with the others. She disappears like a phantom. Again.

 

At least I hope to think that she is the kind of person who will hold her words after 20 hard years of her life.