Understanding my Past I

When I End The Days' Without You

2009 December 23th

Celine's POV

 

"Yes appa,ne daddy. Merry Christmas to you too."

 

The call lasted longer than I thought.

 

Just like that, I have spent my 20 years of lonely Christmas without one or both of parent. As usual my parents never raised me. I was raised by my maternal grandparents. I was forced to leave many of my life and decisions to them. What I want to do. What I want to become. Who I hung out with. Where do go every in every second of my life. I...I'm a puppet. 

 

Without human rights or life. Controlled. Restrained.

 

Day by day, I grew out of things. They can no longer control me. Every single incident and including accidents I had. All was fabricated and created by the control freaks. Control freaks of the business empires, schemes equating to my family.

Family?

Are we still a family?

Endless courts appearances to resolve disputes. The rivalry that never ends. The pain run deep into my veins. I cannot be in anaesthesia to just even ease my painful soul for a while.

Because...I have to run and run endless to fight. Fight for no purpose. The ever feeling of darkness.  The deepest of the tropical forest in seen. Uneven muddy roads. Unknown danger each second. But still adaptable. Like every human being. I'm blessed with intelligence. Intelligence that enable one to make clues and solve problems based on a equation or a theory. A basic tool that allows me to be me. To be creative and innovative. Change and alter my path to the dismay of all my control freaks. The people who loved me.......ironically also my predator and master. My family.

 

It's the hols, I have nothing to do here. Why not?....Go back to Seoul?

 

"Yes, is it possible to get a ticket from New York City to South Korea, Incheon today?"

"Uh miss, it's possible...But the only available seats are first class."

"Oh...Of course. I will take one ticket please, what's the timing?"

"Uh miss let me remind you that this ticket is a first class ticket."

"Oh it's okay."

"So payment by?"

"American Express."

 

I know nothing in life. I am thirsty. The water is poisonous. I cannot drink nor able to find other sources. I die slowly. Withering and slithering through the years of education for a purpose. Not mine but others. I'm the tool. The tool for a business franchise not a tool for God. Day and minutes I try to pray, no answer to my life. I do not wish to unveil my life. I veil my life to make me survive. Survival to prevent me to become to suicidal.

 

I....

 

"Hello, I'm Mr Hong."

"Yes. Nice to meet you."

"Looks like we are going to have to sit next to each other till we reached Seoul."

"Yeah, I'm Celine by the way?"

"Any korean name?"

"Not that I known of."

"Ahh you must be in the trainee program?"

"Huh?Pardon me."

"I saw you at a showcase in Seoul."

"I'm thinking that you must have mistaken. I'm from L.A.,I spent all expect my holidays in Seoul."

"Well if so....How about you let me offer you a opportunity….”

"Um. Sir or Mr Hong, if you continue to talk about this subject, I will consider to change seats with another passenger."

"Well if you must. You just look so familiar just like that trainee. If I have offended you in anyways.Please if you must forgive me."

 

I ignored him for the rest of the trip till...I sadly finished all the in-flight entertainment which fails to amuse me anymore.

 

Ignorance is my best friend.Right?

 

"Mr Hong, what do you know about me?"

"Well....."

Hesitancy gives me dominance. I must make use that!


"I heard somethings about you."

"You are a heir?"

"Yes and..."

"You used to be one of the top SM trainee's."

"Fair enough. I think you know enough of me as of today."

"Yes I do agree but... if you really want to live your own life, or..."

"Or...what?"

"I can offer you a taste of pursuing arts. The life of an artist."

"So, what can I help you with? Money, Vocals,song writing, publicity?"

"No. None of that but as a trainer."

"..."

"A trainer who knows what's the best for her trainee's. Knowing what is problematic of the system. The culture and the pragmaticity of the trainings."

He's looking into my eyes. Carefully studying me. Trying to find a blackhole.

"So you do know me.."

"I was trying to hunt you down after you left Seoul but your family sure have some nice bodyguards."

"Yep. They do."

"So are you interested? I can offer you a good salary too."

"Money of course is never a problem but...are you or are we gonna pull this off?"

"Fear...Celine is never a barrier but a challenge."

"A challenge that only one would win."

"No. Not just one but the best out of the best will conquer all."

"And rule?"

"Yes. Rule. Use your status when you can. You will be able to secure your life."

"I will think about it."

"Here's my business card. Call me when you're interested."

"Sure."
 

After that conversation, I tried my best to fall asleep. I want to run. Run to the rainbow.

The rainbow that is just right in front of me.

There's no fear but excitement. The water that is finally unpoisonous. The water that is not the sweetest but thirst quenching.

 

2009 Christmas Eve

Sooyoung Pov

Life...Must it be like this. The old man and his associates are rigging the songs, the fans and SM.

I saw Celine. She was here at the Christmas pre-recordings. She's with the old man and his son.

Bingo. She's the heir.

Thank God. You gave me the greatest present ever. The place where I will forever be with my members which became my adopted family.

 

Celine Pov

I didn't really want to come here, but Dad said that it's a invitation and he really wants me to be with him since he will be too busy to even talk or even look at me till next year's spring break.

Trying to break the ice?

I was only known to my paternal grandparents for a few years. They liked me. Brought me presents and gave me money. I know the facade that kept their face loving and caring. The people who caused a massive breakup of my parents.

Soon they will forget about me. Seoul, I'm coming home.