L.A. Day 1 Part 2

When I End The Days' Without You

Celine's POV

I'm escorted to a clinic. Funny was that no one flinched at the sight of the amount of bodyguards that my grandfather brought in .Weird... But maybe it's a special clinic that he frequently patronize? The time currently was 11am in the morning L.A. time. I was desperate. SO FREAKING desperate that I almost peed on my pants. Nah… Just kidding! I was happy yeah right for what! That way that the bodyguards kept shooting glances on my phone. Probably it’s rigged but at least I know I’m at safe hands. Rights? I had never spend more than 24 hours with my paternal grandfather. Because most likely I have instincts like a tiger which makes me become vary of every little movement, sentence, words and emotions used.

“Celine Choi”

The nurse called. I knew it was time to get my body a good checkup and also juggle that stress of getting out of this mess. Yet I know it won’t be easy. From what my father had warned me since the first day ….

“From this day onwards, if you really am my daughter…You must know this…”

“But first…May I know who should I really avoid?”

“Sadly all my relatives. Including your grandparents.”

“Why?”

“Don’t underestimate them, they see no blood when they eat and hunt.”

“Sir… Is it too late to run off now?”

“Yes…Because I will hunt you if you do not take me in as your father.”

 

What a witty person…I guess genes does really speak and show similarities between relations.

 

“What if I reject the inheritance of the company?”

“As your father, I would be greatly disappointed. But as your guardian, I hope you can run away from the gasps of your grandpa before he catches you.”

“So…How evil is he?”

“To kill and set fires on the country’s economy.”

“…”

“Don’t worry, I will guide you through. But first let me talk to your mother first.”

“Um…ok?”

 I know what my grandfather was up to. This game that he wants to play…May end up into a death and life situation if…The strategies doesn’t play well from my part and also my dear cousin Sooyoung’s part. When I went in to the doctor’s room, I saw quite an amount of family pictures showcasing the roots of his family tree. Which is far more people related to each other than I have ever seen. Since my maternal side kept me away from my cousins. And I was too caught up in hiding, running and playing games with family that I didn’t stop to think.

How little I know of them…

I never really understood family gatherings, I didn’t have family gathering. It was just me, me, me. All alone as a child till I came back to Seoul and slowly mend the broken ties of my family. But strangely, the features of the people in the photos are quite familiar to me.

Who could it be?

“Ah Miss Choi, please take a seat.”

“Thanks. You have a lot of family members.”

“Yes I do. Now, may I take a medical check-up procedure on you?”

“Yes. You may proceed.”

Tick Tock. The clocks sang. It felt like forever. When will this stop?

“Ah… You have not stop staring at the photos I hung on the walls since you stepped in.”

“Yes indeed. They look so familiar to someone that I should had seen at least once, in my life.”

“Well…Do you happen to know a group, an idol group named Girls’ Generation?”

“Yes I do. They are extremely famous in whole of Asia and not now moving towards the international limelight.”

“Well. In fact my niece is part of that group…”

“Who?”

“You can have a guess?”

“Tiffany?”

“Yes you’re spot-on.”

“Thanks! Um… Can I have your number, your phone number?”

“Why is that?”

Fearing that my grandfather may be eavesdropping, I placed my hand on my lips. Signaling the doctor to keep quiet. Of course the doctor was even more perplexed. Fearing that I may do harm to him.  He was sweating bullets till... I showed her a written note. That I wrote using his pen and some empty papers lying on his table.

This is not a joke. I know Stephanie. She’s was my friend. I need your help. I’m being kidnapped by my grandfather. He’s going to place a showdown between my cousin, SNSD’s Sooyoung and I. I don’t know what will happen. But please, please help me contact Tiffany or give me Tiffany’s contact number. Tell her that I’m sorry. And warn Sooyoung that the old man is coming!

With that the medical check-up has ended. The results were quite positive but just that I may have some slight effects from the over dosage of sleeping pills which included, occasional blurred visions. Which I assured him that I didn’t had it since I woke up. Before I left the room, he wrote on the note.

Good Luck!

He then quickly threw the note that I wrote and his into the automatic paper cutter.  Destroying the evidence of our communication. I knew this may be a set up. I can never underestimate the power of Seoul Blues Boss and major shareholder. He built the empire with his own hands and I know he’s the man that I more over cannot mess up with. If I had no concrete evidence and support that my capability as future CEO will do no good to him. I will have to fight in a blood bath. As before entering the doctor’s office, my grandfather took away my phone. Unknown to him, I had already deleted all my contacts and photos and had reset the phones original package which practically had no information that will do him any good. I had a perfect memory thus I just need a phone in order to get to the person I want to talk to.

“So this is your plan?”

“Yes.”

“You wait here I will settle with the doctor.”

He knows that he made a mistake to bring me here.

He came out and found that I was flipping through the magazines lying around the coffee table. He was looking sort of puzzled. But since I had the ability to act like an Oscar’s actress. I pull the scenario in my advantage.

“Yes grandfather, my condition is great. I have no blurred vision till now.”

“What are doing right now?”

“Why?”

“DO YOU KNOW WHO IS HE?”

“Yes. A good doctor who is Korean-American that was quite an expert in medical check-up?”

“Didn’t you beg for help?”

“Huh?”

“Didn’t you make use of him?”

“What? Grandfather what are you talking about?”

“ARE YOU A FOOL?”

“Are you trying to insult me?”

“You’re such an idiot!”

I was fine by the insult. I was very happy to be called as an idiot. No one called me an idiot till this very moment. I enjoyed it very much. Thus I acted dumb yet I was hoping once I leave the room, Tiffany’s uncle would help me immediately.

She’s a stubborn person with a soft heart. She was just protective of those around her.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

Around 11:45 am L.A. time. I was on the way in the van to the hotel that I would be settling in for the next 3 nights. I was hoping that after rehearsals, I would still have time to catch up with my family members who would be coming to the concert. But sometimes the world has its ways to knock the heart of the broken one. My phone rang. It’s was from a unidentified number.

Stephanie!”

“Yes hello? Would is this?”

“It’s me. Uncle Matthew.”

“Oh Uncle Matthew. How are you?”

“Let’s drop that for a while.”

“Ok…”

“Your friend needs help! Now!”

“Who?”

“I will tell her name later. But first is Sooyoung with you now?”

“Umm…Yes.”

“Pass the phone to her. I need to speak to her.”

The urgency of his voice told me that it was no joking matter. I immediately pass the phone to the unsuspecting Sooyoung.

“Yes….”

That’s all I could hear from Sooyoung. I can’t see any trace of emotion or expression on her face.

She had her poker face on.

“Yes…Thank You. I will take good care of Fany unnie.”

“What did my uncle tell you?”

“Oh he was afraid that you would catch a cold during the concert. So he asked me to remind you that you have to take good care of your body. He also said that he’s a big fan of my drama.”

“Rrr..eally?”

I stuttered. I know that my uncle is not a joker nor an unreasonable man when it comes to holding a conversation. I suspected something bad is going on…

Does it had anything to do with ‘that girl’?

I was confused but I keep my cool. And I tried to ask Sooyoung once again.

“Sorry if my uncle is bothering you.”

“Oh no problem.”

“Um…is there…like I mean something else going on?”

“NO! Not at all. I’m tired unnie. I’m gonna grab a nap.”

She totally ignored me. She hardly acted like that. It was almost the first time I witness her tantrum. I wonder whether it’s interconnected with Celine. Yes I said it. Celine. The girl who made me feel less lonely and gave me support. And left me. All the time I thought she liked me as a woman. Which is kinda weird. But I only found out when she had really left Seoul that all her actions was only for one person. Jessica Jung. I really hated her. I thought she was truthful. Truthful to my relationship between her and me. I was angry and upset. She was thoughtful for all of us. But I know that if one betrayed you or leave you once. You never give them a second chance.

But is this what I will do to treat a person. A friend. A sister?

Once I reached the hotel room. Which I coincidentally shared with Sooyoung. I forced her into the bathroom once we both got into the room. I did my best to put on a serious and angry face.

I will make this work!

“What were you talking to my Uncle?”

“Nothing?”

“Fine! THEN WHAT DID HE SAY!!!”

Boy I was mad. I knew that I’m really being pushy but it’s all for our own good.

“Nothing.”

“You cannot lie. I know that look. I know you’re lying.”

“I can’t tell you. It will make you angry.”

“I’m not. SO TELL ME!!!”

“ok…I…”

“What? If this is about a life and death matter. Tell me at once.”

“I’m…”

“You’re?”

“My family from my dad side is related to the Seoul Blues industries. So I’m a removed cousin of Celine. My granduncle wanted me in the business and I didn’t want to..It's was before he knew that he had a granddaughter.”

“Which is…”

“Celine. Celine Kim which turned into Celine Choi. Her father is the CEO of Seoul Blues.”

“She…is a heir of 2 companies?”

“Yes…I know that. She’s here but my granduncle seems to be in control of her. Which seems unlikely to her actions to be so conforming.”

“So…you’re guessing that she’s being abducted?”

“Yes. My granduncle is a mad man as described by all his associates and relatives. But his son turns out right. Which is so…I think that this time both of us are in great trouble.”

“How?”

“How? He may kill one of us? I heard many stories that he was insane to threaten the lives of his emplpyee's family if they failed to seal the deal. Which did happen when one of his employee didn't get the deal and his family became broken. He was forced to join gangs and got addicted to drugs. Later on, he went into jail and never came out since then.”

“Is he that deranged? His own man!!!”

“Yes. You can guess that he can do worse to the both of us.Celine and I.That’s why Celine was that crazy to even ask maknae to ask you for your number!”

“What can I help her? I don’t have the brains like her!”

“You have relations and connections all over L.A. That’s what’s she’s looking for.”

“Connections to help her?”

“Yes! And I need to leave right now. They will be hunting for me too!”

“They?”

“The bodyguards! I knew it. If I only contacted her, we wouldn’t be in the situation.”

“But how!!!”

“Its 1pm. Lunch, I will call Celine’s dad. He will help.”

I’m so confused. I cannot never understand the minds of people that are blessed with high IQ.But I hope things will turn out fine?

 

 

Author's Note: Thank for reading. I'm so happy that I can finally write something else instead of explaining the past 21 years of Celine's life. No more thrid person pov. Yippee kay yeh! Hooray! Have reading and PEACE OUT!