member reveal #1

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

   

Olivia Jung
Lead Vocalist, Rapper, Face of the Group

No, for the billionth time, she is NOT related to the famous Jung Sisters. That surname may have helped her to get where she is now, but she definitely does not want to be known as "The 3rd Jung" for the rest of her idol life. Therefore, she works hard to become her own person and to make a name for herself, as she hopes that one day, she can be famous as Olivia, not as a Jung.

Olivia, or "Ollie", as everyone calls her, may be an excellent singer and rapper, but her dancing is absolutely atrocious (people often joke she's just like Jessica). She therefore trains relentlessly to be able to move her two feet as well as the rest of the group so she's not the one holding everyone down. 

Despite the cutthroat enviornment of the kpop trainee world, Olivia manages to be a ray of sunshine in a storm. She's the reminder to everyone that it's possible to have fun while training your off, and her random kkab battles are well known throughout the company (she may be a terrible dancer, but at least you're supposed to look stupid while kkab-ing). If you still refuse to smile, a quick (but highly lethal) dose of aegyo will definitely turn that frown upside-down. She's funny, sweet, and caring, but that cute, endearing smile hides a temper that even her sunbaes fear. She knows how to keep her cool, though, so it's highly unlikely you'll piss her off.

 

Background

Born in Busan, South Korea as Jung Nari, Olivia moved to San Francisco when she was three years old, as her father was offered a prestigious position at a hospital there. The move was hard for her, as she could no longer go by her Korean name (her parents legally changed her name when they moved to the country). When she started elementary school, she quickly made friends with a girl in her class who, amazingly, had the same last name as her. Olivia, Krystal, and Krystal's older sister Jessica soon became fast friends, and Olivia was devestated when she learned the sisters were moving back to South Korea to "begin training". In 2009, Olivia learned that Krystal had recently debuted as a singer in a girl group called f(x), and Jessica had debuted in Girl's Generation back in 2007. Totally inspired, she began singing and rapping in her free time and, on a family vacation to Korea in 2011, auditioned for KPOP Star Season 1. To her surprise, she was praised for her rapping and singing abilities, and gained a lot of popularity when the Jung Sisters confirmed she was a childhood friend. Olivia made it to the top 12 before being eliminated, and, because of Jessica and Krystal's recommendation, became a trainee in 2012. During her time in SM, she guest starred on Season 2 of KPOP Star and made a cameo appearance in 15&'s 'Somebody' MV.

 

Likes
- Being able to eat whatever and whenever she wants
- Sleeping
​- Sweater weather
- Online shopping
​- The color mint green
- Partying/alcohol
- Getting things right on the first try
- Cookie dough ice cream
​- Air conditioning
- Kkab battles in the practice rooms

Disikes
- Not being able to listen to music
- The fact that she's a terrible dancer
​- Being in hot and sticky weather
- Really stupid Kdrama kisses (Being in the USA has totally desensitized her)
​- Her 'resting face'

Hobbies
- Challenging her friends (or random trainees in the hallway) to random kkab battles
- Watching Youtube videos of herself
- Composing songs/Writing lyrics

Trivia
- Her birthday is March 4th, 1994 (20 years old)
- Her height is 164cm and her weight is 47kg
- She's a friend to the famous Jung sisters
- She was on KPOP Star Season 1 and made it to the Top 12 before being eliminated
- She grew up in San Francisco, California


A/N: So, here is my character, Olivia! I hope you guys like the layout. ^^
Remember, the deadline is 8/24. I haven't decided if Olivia will be the leader/visual/face or not, so I will make that decision when the rest of the members are decided upon. If you'd like to be considered for maknae, leader, face, or visual, don't forget to tell me or I will choose based on personality/looks.
With pre-debut experience, if I feel your character is too OP in terms of featuring in stuff, I will pick and choose which appearances she has made (it's highly unlikely a trainee will star in a drama or sing in every single OST) so it's more realistic.
Oh, and if you guys were wondering why I chose the name Zenith, it will be revealed in the next teaser. ^^
ALSO, we're gonna pretend, for the story's sake, that SMTOWN Live in Seoul hasn't happened yet (Wouldn't that make, like, the PERFECT secret debut platform for the girls?). I've been watching the little clips on EatYourKimchi's Instagram and it looked AMAAAZING.