chapter nine

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

A/N: So, you remember how I said this story wouldn't really be real time? Yeah... this is one of those times. (Also, I might push up Red Velvet's Be Natural comeback up a little bit just because I need to for plot reasons. Also, EXO's not on tour, that'd be too damn complicated)

As you probably saw earlier, the f(x), Girls' Generation, and EXO scandals will all be present in this story. Hell, I saw the 'Tao kissed a girl in public' scandal and the first thing I thought was 'DAMN, I need to use this, this would make Olivia so damn pissed'. I think I'm way to invested in this story. Oh well, I love it. Because technically the story is still in mid/late September, it gives me time to think about how to incorporate them in the story. Now, I know that Luyoung is a thing and I totally ship it, but because is gonna go down with SM, I may have to alter their love story a little bit... I hope you enjoy! :)


Ahkum's POV

Ahh, I love the morning after a party... It always smells like booze, barf, and death.

Rolling over in my bed, I groaned as the light coming in from the window hit my face. Blinking sleepily, I surveyed my room; Jolie was still fast asleep in her bed, and although our room didn't look like a mess, I was dreading the war zone we were going have to clean up outside.

Changing out of my pajamas, I threw on some sweats and tottered over to the bedroom door, mentally bracing myself for the horror to come. Opening the bedroom door, I stopped dead in my tracks. I rubbed my eyes, sure I was dreaming, before looking at the state of our dorm once again.

Our dorm was... clean. I mean, there were still stray cups and trash bags everywhere and it still smelled like something had been drowned in alcohol and barf and then died, but for the most part, everything had been tidied up.

"Goooooood morning, sunshine!"

I stumbled back in surprise as Yixing pulled me into a one-armed hug. Dressed in a frilly pink apron with a broom in hand, his resemblence to any stereotypical Korean umma was scarily accurate.

"Good morning, Yixing," I said, looking around in surprise. "What's... going on?"

"Well, our manager never came to pick us up, so we decided to clean up your dorm while we waiting, since it's not right for the guest of honor to clean up after their own party." Yixing explained, sweeping up some leftover food.

"More like Yixing decided to clean and then forced the rest of us to help him," Jongin complained, massaging his temples. "I can barely stand up right now."

"Well, thanks, you pabos," I said, smiling. "I'm sure the girls will appreciate this, that's for sure."

"Morning," Saera yawned, emerging from her bedroom. "Why is our dorm so clean? Why do you look like my umma?"

"Because we decided to be good sunbaes and clean up after your mess," Yixing laughed, ruffling Saera's hair. "Don't count on us doing this all the time, though, you guys are big kids now."

"Right, gotcha," Saera said, smiling sleepily. "I'll go cook breakfast for everyone, ok? How many people are here?"

"Everyone except Luhan," Jongin said, collecting more cups. "And be careful, Joonmyun and Chanyeol are trying to clean up some barf in your kimchi fridge. Not a pleasant sight or smell, frozen barf."

"Nice to know," Saera said, wrinkling her nose as she disappeared into the kitchen.

"Luhan's not here? What happened?" I said.

Yixing and Jongin exchanged worried looks before sighing.

"We didn't want to tell you because we didn't want you girls to worry..." Yixing confessed. "But... Luhan's been pretty sick for a while now."

"What? Is he ok?" I said. Idols getting sick wasn't uncommon, with harsh schedules and lack of sleep, but after seeing Luhan yesterday, I couldn't believe that the bright, doe-eyed man was actually sick.

"He really wanted to come last night, so he took a bunch of painkillers," Jongin said as he sat down on our couch. "But he's been having really bad headaches and insomnia. He even keeled over and passed out during rehearsal the other day. I don't know if he'll be able to participate in SMTown in Tokyo on the 4th."

"We got SHINee to take him back to the dorm," Yixing said. "Minho was still sober, and he was driving past our dorm anyways."

"That's horrible..." I mumbled, sitting beside Jongin on the couch. "He looked so healthy last night, too..."

"See, this is why we didn't tell you guys," Jongin said, pinching my cheeks. "You guys get all sad and miserable, and nobody likes that."

"Nobody likes what?" Olivia said as she stumbled into the living room.

"Nobody likes cleaning up after their debut party," Yixing said smoothly, going over to hug the sleepy girl. "Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Who are you and what have you done with my umma," Olivia muttered, letting out a huge yawn. "My head is killing me, do we have any painkillers?"

"I went out and bought some, the boys used up all the ones in your medicine cabinet this morning, sorry," Yixing said, pushing Olivia towards the kitchen. "Go ask Joonmyun or Chanyeol, they know where they are."

"Thanks, umma," Olivia said, tottering towards the kitchen.

"Well, Mimi just texted me," I said, checking the new messages on my phone. "She wants us down at the studio today to start choosing songs for our album. Is it ok to leave you guys here?"

"What, you think we'll burn your dorm down down?" Yixing teased.

"No, I think Chanyeol or Minseok will burn the dorm down," I said, getting up and heading towards my room to change into something more appropriate. "Just make sure the building is still standing when we get back, ok?"

"Got it," Yixing said. "You can count on us."

 

Olivia's POV

We had just finished up at the studio when Jessica texted Krystal and I, saying that cousin-sister bonding time was desperately needed. After begging Mimi for a good 10 minutes, she finally agreed to let me meet up with Jessica and Krystal at Cofioca before heading back to the dorm.

"I love the taste of Cofioca in the morning," I sighed as the three of us sipped on our drinks. The three of us were seated at a secluded table in the back of the shop, but this didn't stop people from noticing that we were there and snapping photos of us. Thank god I put on makeup today.

"So," Krystal said, setting her drink down. "What's up? Can we make this quick? I promised the director I'd be back on set in 20 minutes."

"Still rude to your elders, I see," I laughed, poking Krystal playfully. "But in all seriousness, what's up? Does it have to do with BLANC?"

"Sort of," Jessica said, sighing. "Krystal already knows this, so I'm going to fill you in; I was planning on leaving Girls' Generation after their next album sometime in March."

"You were WHAT?" I gasped.

"Don't worry, I reacted that was as well," Krystal said, nonchalantly sipping her drink.

"Ollie, it's been seven years," Jessica sighed. "Being in the entertainment industry has been my life for the past 14 years, but... it's time for me to move on. I love Girls' Generation so much, and they have always been my first priority, but idol groups don't last forever."

"Ok, ok, I get it," I said, chewing on my lip. "You just caught me by surprise, that's all."

"I've already heard all that," Krystal said. "But there's more to the story, isn't there?"

"There is," Jessica said, tapping her fingernails on the table. "I got the blessing of the company to move forward with BLANC back in August, when the company was still in planning. The girls were also supportive of my business endeavors, and they were all ok with the idea that I was going to be running a business.

"That ended up changing about a week ago, though, when they started saying that I had to make a choice between the group and my company. Now, I can run a business and be a part of Girls' Generation easily, but apparently the members don't agree with me."

"But you still have the blessing of the company, right?" Krystal said.

"So they say," Jessica said. "But I'm worried that they may have a change of heart as well. For all I know, they could kick me out of the group."

"They'd never do that," I said. "Girls' Generation is the nation's girl group, and kicking a member out... The fans would flip out."

"I know, but 2014 has been a bad year for kpop so far," Krystal said. "They might do it."

"I'm just praying they won't," Jessica sighed. "I don't know what I'd do."

 

 

 

 

 

HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
Rookie group Zenith wraps up promotions for 'First Love'
September 20, 2014 @ 11:53 am
photo318501.jpg
zdVJmyT.png
by starsung
scrap, share & like
2843
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

After only two weeks of promotions, Zenith said goodbye today on MBC's 'Show! Music Core'.

SEE ALSO: Red Velvet release teaser images for 'Be Natural'!

The rookie group, who debuted on September 1st with 'First Love', has been making waves in the k-pop community, with their debut single rocketing to the top in record time. Their song won despite seasoned veterans such as SISTAR and Block B promoting at the same time, and they even beat out labelmates Taemin, Red Velvet, and Super Junior.

In light of their recent success, SM Entertainment has announced that although the group's promotion cycle has been cut short, fans have definitely not seen the last of the girls. The girls are apparently in the process of working on their debut album, and many of the members are said to play a big part in writing and producing the album's songs. Member Danni has taken over as the model for Nature Republic, replacing fellow labelmate Taeyeon, and there are rumors that one of the members will appear on We Got Married.

These girls have definitely made their mark on the k-pop world, and it looks like they're not slowing down! Are you excited for Zenith's debut album?

tags
Zenith
SM Entertainment
Comeback
Press Statement
comments
There are 739 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
helen1191 · Posted September 20, 2014 @ 11:54 am
Congrats on such a successful debut, and I can't wait to see more! I hope it's Cilla that ends up on WGM, that would be so great lol.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
prady · Posted September 20, 2014 @ 11:54 am
These girls are getting so popular so fast... And then there's Red Velvet, who's totally getting forgotten. Why'd these girls even debut? You already got enough on your plate, SM.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
cheriya · Posted September 20, 2014 @ 11:55 am
I'm so proud, my girls be slayin. On another note, did anyone see Red Velvet's teaser images? It's like they're trying to copy Zenith and go for the mature, y concept. Stick with cute, Red Velvet, Zenith will always win with the y concept.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
anna34 · Posted September 20, 2014 @ 11:56 am
It was a happy accident these girls debuted... SM is probably patting themselves on the back right about now. Wouldn't be surprised if Red Velvet disbanded and these girls went to become the new SNSD.
Reply · Report · Share
 
more