chapter four

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

A/N: Hey, guys! :)

Quick note, there is a time jump from Miyoung's POV (the morning after the Truth or Dare party) to Soyu's POV (a week later). Check the Allkpop dates if you are confused.

Zumi


Miyoung's POV

, my head... Ouch.

"Arrrggghhhh..." I groaned as I attempted to sit up, clutching my aching skull. Squinting, I peered around my room; my high heel collection was in the corner, my Keroro plushie was on my desk, and my closet was overflowing. In other words, everything was in order.

Rolling out of my bed, I stumbled down the hallway to the kitchen to go find our stock of painkillers that we kept in the dorm for the drinking nights that always seemed to end up happening. Aish, we should really stop having these impromptu drinking parties... The people at the convenience store must think we're crazy drunks, buying twenty bottles of soju and enough painkillers to kill a small nation. Rifling through the cabinets, I pulled out a bottle of Advil and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before sitting down at the breakfast bar.

"Good morning!" Soyu chirped, bouncing into the kitchen and up to the breakfast bar where I was currently sitting, downing my own weight in painkillers. "How are YOU this fine morning?"

"Soyu, if you don't shut the up, I will rip your mouth off." I growled, her high pitched voice immediately intensifying my headache.

"Jeez, what a grouch," Soyu smirked. "I guess sleeping with Luhan didn't put you in a good mood."

Sleeping with... who?

"Yah, what are you talking about?" I snapped. "I slept with WHO?"

"Luhan. From EXO-M. The pretty one." Soyu said cheekily. "You'd think that you'd remember something like that, I guess you were pretty drunk."

"Wait, WHAT?!"

"Minnie, calm down, nothing happened," Ahkum said as she entered the kitchen, yawning. "We played Truth or Dare, you and Luhan got locked into your room, and the two of you fell asleep in your bed."

"You little brat, you gave me a freaking heart attack," I moaned, clutching my aching skull. Soyu just smirked evilly and laughed. I'm gonna kill that girl, I swear to god.

"No, Danni gave us a heart attack," Saera sighed as she entered the kitchen, immediately snatching up her share of painkillers. "That pabo, she thought you and Luhan were dead. You're a pretty heavy sleeper, though, so I guess I could see why she thought you died."

"Speaking of Luhan, what happened to EXO?" Soyu said as she sat down. "How'd they get home? I though Yixing didn't have his license."

"He doesn't," Saera said as she began pulling out random pots and pans. "One of their managers stopped by at, like, 4 a.m., and took their drunk asses somewhere, apparently they had to go record something at the crack of dawn."

" to be them," I muttered as I rested my cheek on the cool, granite countertop. Thank god we didn't have a TV performance today, the thought of having to pole dance with this headache was simply horrifying.

"KIDS?! ARE YOU UP YE- Oh, gross, it smells like booze and barf in here." Mimi said as she strolled into our dorm, wrinkling her nose.

"Booze and barf are courtesy of EXO," Ahkum said from her spot on the living room sofa, not even looking up from her book.

"Yuck," Mimi gagged. "I take it EXO helped you celebrate your win. I mean, I saw the Zenith TV footage, but that's not the whole story, is it?"

"You have no idea," Ahkum sighed. "They went crazy with the dares."

"I don't want to hear them," Mimi said immediately. "You girls have that fansigning today, so we need to head down to the salon early to go and get the lovely hungover faces gone. Go make sure the rest of the girls didn't die in their sleep or something."

"So in other words, Danni isn't allowed to go wake them up," Soyu laughed as she skipped down the hallway.

"What the heck is she talking about?" Mimi asked curiously.

"You don't want to know," I said. "Trust me."

 

Soyu's POV

Letting out a sigh of relief, I sat down on the chair Jolie had just vacated, resting my aching feet. Apparently High Cut wanted us to be in their next issue, so SM had robbed us of our day off and forcefully shipped us down to the studio. We were with EXO, though, so it wasn't that bad. We had been on set for a couple of hours, and this had been the first time I had sat down since we got here.

We had taken our group shots first, EXO dressed in tuxes and the rest of us in simple black and white dresses, before moving onto solo shots. Well, it was more like 'small group shots'; the guys outnumbered the girls, so many of the photos had two guys and a girl. I had been reviewing photos on the moniter, and although we looked good, most us were dead on our feet. Ever since our record-breaking win a week ago, it seems that everyone wanted us to make appearances and cameos, and the fatigue was starting to show; Olivia and Danni had passed out in the middle of their shoot and makeup had taken forever since the coordi-noonas had to work so hard to remove all traces of fatigue.

naegen neo bakken eopda...

"JESUS CHRIST, who the hell have you been texting for the past hour?" Miyoung groaned, covering her ears. We've probably heard Sunggyu's line from Last Romeo a billion times, since whoever Saera was texting was absolutely relentless.

"Sorryyy..." Saera whined, putting her phone on silent as she continued to text the mystery person, not even looking up. Hmmm...

"Who're you texting there, huh? C'mon, lemme see," I said, reaching over to snatch Saera's phone out of her hand. She immediately slapped my hand away and scooted further away from my chair.

"Stop it, Soso," She snapped, pulling her legs in to her chest.

"Yah, why won't you let me see?" I said, leaping out of my chair and snatching the phone clean out of her hands. With a surprised yelp, Saera attempted to steal it back, but I darted away quickly, attempting to read the text as I ran away from Saera.

"By the way, congratulations on your wins, jagiya- Holy ! Saera, do you have a boyfriend?!" I shrieked as I read the text out loud. Before I could read the name, I ran into Minseok and promptly landed on my . Saera immediately swooped in and snatched up her phone, stuffing it into her pocket. She then stormed off towards the bathroom, wiping away what looked like tears. Damn, she must be pretty upset... Oops.

"Watch where you're going, pabo," Minseok teased, ruffling my hair. "Also, stop screaming and running, Ahkum and Eunmi look like they're ready to murder you."

Sure enough, Ahkum and Mimi were both glaring in my direction, giving me the silent 'shut the hell up or I will take away your dessert for a week' look. Yeesh.

"Sorry, sorry..." I mumbled, bowing apologetically. The moment they stopped glaring at me, I ran over to Miyoung and grabbed her arm. Ignoring her surprised squeal, I hauled her over to the side. "Saera has a BOYFRIEND." I hissed.

"What?!" Miyoung gasped. "How do you know?"

"They person she's been texting for the past hour? She got a text where they called her 'jagiya'. It's pretty much official." I gushed, unable to contain my excitement.

"What? No it's not," Miyoung scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"What do you mean, 'no it's not', what do YOU think?" I retorted.

"They could just be good friends," She said, as if it were obvious.

"... Miyoung, how many friends of the opposite gender do you call 'jagiya'? Or hold hands with? Or kiss?" I said.

"Well... Luhan," She said simply.

"That doesn't ing count, you two are basically dating," I said, sighing.

"Yah, no we're not, he's my best friend!"

"I don't sleep with Jongdae, now do I?"

".. Shut the up."

"Alright, you guys are all done!" The photographer said as he reviewed all of his shots. We all bowed and thanked the crew for their hard work before heading towards the multiple vans needed to transfer over 18 bodies.

"Ohmygoodness, I cannot wait to go home and get some rest," Jolie sighed as she adjusted her sunglasses. "I only got two hours of sleep last night, they called me in for a last minute cameo on Running Man."

"Sorry, kids, we actually have to head down to the SM Building," Mimi said as she checked something on her phone. "They're calling you in for an emergency meeting."

"What? Why?" Danni whined as tottered towards the van. "I wanna take a nap."

"It has to do with the success of your debut," Mimi said, ignoring our unhappy groans. "They said they wanted to change up the promo cycle, since they were putting their money into Super Junior's comeback."

"Really?" I said. This was actually pretty big news; we all thought the fact that Super Junior's comeback overlapped with our debut would mean that we wouldn't stand a chance at winning (I mean, there have really only been two winning debut songs, but promoting with Super Junior REALLY killed your chances), but the fact that SM were changing up promo schedules because we were doing so well... Damn.

"Let's just get this over with," Miyoung sighed as she clambered into the van. "Who knows, maybe they'll just let us end promos early and give us a break."

"I hate to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt that's going to happen," Ahkum sighed as she climbed into the shotgun seat.

"Damnit."

 

 

 

 

 

HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
Zenith's scores a perfect all-kill with 'First Love', surprising the industry
September 13, 2014 @ 11:52 pm
npSkV1S.jpg
zdVJmyT.png
by starsung
scrap, share & like
529
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

SM Entertainment's newest girl group has been taking South Korea by storm.

SEE ALSO: Rookie group Zenith take home a surprise win with 'First Love' on M! Countdown!

Zenith, who made their television debut on M! Countdown with 'First Love' on the 5th, have been making huge waves in the industry. Not only have they won #1 on all major television broadcasts (Inkigayo, M! Countdown, Music Core, and Music Bank), but their debut single 'First Love' has achieved the coveted 'perfect all-kill', as the song has topped all of South Korea's major music charts as well as placing first on the weekly iChart on Instiz. 

This perfect all-kill has come as a complete surprise, as the group has been out strong favorites such as KARA, SISTAR, WINNER, and even labelmates Super Junior. This group now holds the record for the fastest debut to cinch first place.

SM Entertainment commented "we are extremely proud of the girls, and their all-kill comes as a surprise to all of us. Zenith wants to thank you for all your love and support, and they promise that they will continue to work hard. We were not expecting such an explosive response, and we have had to change a lot of our original plans in terms of this group. However, it is definitely safe to say that these girls have a lot of potential, and we are excited to see what will come from them."

Although SM Entertainment did not elaborate about their change in plans, many are speculating that their promotion cycle will be cut short, so there will be no competition for Super Junior. Others are wondering if a debut album will be pushed forward, to satisfy the growing number of fans.

Zenith will continue promotions this week for 'First Love' on M! Countdown.

tags
Zenith
SM Entertainment
Debut
all-kill
comments
There are 928 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
musicallday · Posted September 13, 2014 @ 11:55 pm
I don't think anyone could have predicted this... They just freaking broke kpop history.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
alrud · Posted September 13, 2014 @ 11:59 pm
I wonder what SM's gonna do with them, i mean it's so obvious that Super Junior was supposed to take home all the glory... Maybe they'll cut their promo cycle.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
nlly · Posted September 14, 2013 @ 12:03 am
I don't get why THEY'RE doing so well. I mean yes, they can pole dance but the song is nothing special.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
oldies · Posted September 14, 2014 @ 12:08 am
I wonder how Red Velvet/Zenith feel... I mean, i read somewhere that Danni and Olivia were both in the original Red Velvet lineup but got cut at the last minute, and by some fate they're rocketing to the top... Red Velvet must feel so cheated.
Reply · Report · Share
 
more