chapter fifteen

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

Dayeon's POV

"Hey, Danni, come listen to this."

"What's up, Ollie?" I said, rolling the recording booth's chair closer to her.

"Just listen to this, mmmk?" Olivia said, hitting 'play' on what I assumed to be the demo track.

"Uri ije heeojyeoya doenayo
i bami jinamyeon
uri seoro gaseume mutgo saragagetjyo
geudae seulpeodo ulji marayo jebal
haengbokhan gieongman ganjikhaeyo..."

The sounds of a haunting violin solo floated through the air as two unknown vocalists, one male and one female, belted their hearts out. The lyrics, two people reaching out for a love now lost, fit the tone of the song nicely, an impressive arrangement that I knew needed to be included in the album, no question.

"It's amazing, Olivia," I said as the song reached it's end. "Why're you asking me?"

"Well..." Olivia said, fiddling with Saera's beloved sound board. "I originally wrote it as a duet, duh, and I was planning on singing it with Baekhyun or Jongdae, but I can't handle the vocals... You wanna switch solos?"

"Huh?" I said, looking up at her in surprise. "You want me to sing it?"

"Danni, you have the better vocals, you'd sound amazing doing this," Olivia said. "I don't think 'All of a Sudden' is doing your vocals justice. Plus, we'll just say we wrote them for each other to sing, it'd be cooler."

"Well... Sure, then," I said, snatching up the sheet music and sight reading the music. "Who'd you originally write it for?"

"Oh... Nobody," Olivia said, rummaging for the 'All of a Sudden' sheet music. "The music kinda just came to me."

"Mmmmhmmmm," I said, not buying it one bit. "I'll ask Baekhyun, Jongdae, or Kyungsoo-oppa to sing this with me, I think this'll sound pretty good."

"Awesome," Olivia said, flashing a huge smile.

"Now, how the hell are we gonna convince Saera to let us delete my version of the song and let you sing it instead?" I said, tapping my chin thoughtfully.

"We're not," Olivia said, seating herself in front of the sound board. "We're Olivia Jung and Kang Dayeon, I'm sure we can figure out... how to... work... this... thing..."

Olivia trailed off as the two of us stared at the soundboard, almost as if we expected the thing to work itself.

"... So, we go and face the wrath of Mama Jung Saera now, right?" I said, looking up at Olivia.

Olivia nodded.

"Oh yeah."

 

Jolie's POV

"nunmul ttawin pillyodo eobseo
gaseum kkeurhil iyudo eobseo
pokpunggateun sarang apeseon
syupeogeori doeneungeoya"

"That sounds great, Jolie, c'mon out," Saera said, flashing me a thumbs up from her position outside of the recording booth.

"Oh, so she gets a 'that sounds great!' while I get a 'you need to take a break, you sound like a dying whale'?" Soyu whined as I exited the recording booth. "Unfair!"

"Yeah, well, Jolie can actually sing," Saera said, crinkling her nose as she fiddled with her beloved sound board. The poor girl nearly threw a fit when she learned that Olivia and Danni had attempted to delete 'All of a Sudden', wanted to add a new song to our album tracklist, an impressive balled called 'Remember You', and had, as Saera had put it, 'touched her baby'. Thankfully, she looked pretty content as of now. "Now, asking Jolie to rap would be a huge mistake."

"It's true, love," I said, ruffling the young rapper's head affectionately. "No one raps as well as you do."

"Now that we got that out of the way, we have more pressing matters to attend to," Soyu said. "With Ahkum out filming WGM, I claim temporary leadership roles as second oldest."

"Wait, that makes no sense at all," Miyoung said. "Jolie's the oldest, she should be in charge."

"But it's my idea!" Soyu wailed, puffing out her cheeks.

"I have absolutely no idea what our Im Soyu is up to, but you go right on ahead," I said.

"You're the best, Jolie!" Soyu said, beaming. "So, Halloween is coming up, and I think for the SMTown Halloween Party, we should do a rockin' group costume!"

...

"Um... Like what?" Olivia said, lounging over the edge of the couch. "Because if you're about to say 'The Seven Dwarves' or sometime stupid like that, I'm out."

"Wait, that could be kinda cute," Danni said, clapping her hands in excitement. "Like, I could be Happy, and Ahkum could be Doc, and Ollie could be Grouchy-"

"Wait, why the hell would I be grouchy?" Olivia said, bolting up in her seat.

"You just proved it yourself, ," Saera laughed, twirling around in her rolling chair.

"ANYWAYS," Soyu said. "Although the dwarves idea is cool, I ain't dressing up as a dwarf for Halloween. We should do the seven Deadly Sins."

"The what now?" Saera said, spinning around for the umpteenth time.

"Oh! That's actually an excellent idea, Soyu," I said. "It would look wonderfully unique, too."

"Wait, I'm lost," Miyoung said. "What are these magical sins or whatever?"

"The Seven Deadly Sins are the seven sins that Christians believe are worse to commit than others," I explained. "I believe they are Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth-"

"Sloth?" Danni giggled.

"Like laziness, or wasting time," Soyu said.

"Exactly," I said. "Then there is Wrath, Envy, and Pride. There are seven counterparts to these sins, called the Seven Virtues-"

"But those are boring and dressing up like a sin would be so much cooler," Soyu interjected. "Just think, costuming and makeup would be so damn cool, and we'd be totally out of the box than everyone else, it'd be amazing!"

"That sounds like a pretty cool idea," Olivia admitted. "I'd be in."

"All those in favor say 'aye'!" Soyu shouted, throwing her hand into the air.

"AYE!" A chorus of voices responded, throwing their hands up as well.

"Well then, how are we to decide who's who?" I said after we had all calmed down a little. "We have seven sins and seven of us, and I do think the sin should somewhat reflect the person, just to make things fun."

"Well, Lust is easy," Saera laughed, poking Miyoung in the side. "Miyoung is hands down the most y."

"Yeah, ok, that sounds like fun," Miyoung said, bouncing up and down in her seat. "I'm in!"

"Jolie should be Vanity," Olivia said. "Enough people call her 'Princess' for vanity to be an accurate description of her."

"Fair enough," I said, chuckling softly. "Then I think that Olivia should be Wrath."

"AGAIN with the anger related themes!" Olivia groaned.

"You have anger management problems, hun," Soyu laughed, playfully pinching Olivia's cheeks. "Just accept it."

"Fine, fine," Olivia grumbled, swatting Soyu's hands away.

"Danni should be Envy," Saera suddenly said.

"Why's that?" Danni said, looking up quizzically.

"Yeah, our Danni is a lover, not a hater," Miyoung said.

"Does no one remember the Bang Minah incident?" Saera said, raising an eyebrow.

"... Ohhhhh..." Everyone said.

"Point taken," Danni said, nodding thoughfully.

"So, that leaves Gluttony, Sloth, and Greed," Olivia said. "And only Soyu, Ahkum, and Saera are left."

"Saera should be Gluttony," Soyu piped up. "She eats enough food for any other girl group to last a week."

"Pffft, we all do," Olivia laughed. "Food is love. Food is life."

"Fine, I'll be Gluttony," Saera laughed. "Then Ahkum will be... Sloth?"

"Well, our Im Soyu seems to be more greedy than lazy..." Miyoung mused, tapping her chin thoughtfully.

"Fine, then, it's settled?" Soyu said, clapping her hands delightedly.

"Sounds good with me," Saera said, whirling around to fiddle with the sound board once again.

Soyu beamed at the five of us, a look of pure happiness plastered to her face.

"This is gonna be the best Halloween party ever."

 

Luna's POV

Lee Soo Man has outdone himself once again.

With the lights dimmed to a deep blue and red, the venue decorated for a perfect spooky Halloween dinner, and the SMTown idols dressed up like their favorite eerie characters, Lee Soo Man's 'Detectives in SMTown' Halloween Party could not have been any better.

"Seriously, your makeup is so freaking on point!" I gushed as I chatted with Jolie. "You lucky , they really went all out, didn't they?"

"Yes, well, Soyu threatened to rip off some heads if the costumes and makeup weren't perfect," Jolie laughed, adjusting her headpiece. "But everyone worked out in the end."

To say the makeup artists in charge of Zenith went all out would be an understatement. With royal purple lips, silvery eyeshadow, and an array of necklaces, bracelets, and even a princess-like headpiece, Jolie was really living up to her company nickname, 'Highness'.

"Your costume is rather intricate as well," Jolie said, giving me a once-over. "How long did the makeup take?"

"Too long," I groaned. "And these ears are killing me, I can't wait to get them off."

"Shame, they look really nice."

The two of us jumped in surprise as Edward freaking Scissorhands materialized out of nowhere. With the lighting throwing deep shadows across his face, it was enough for the both of us to be at least a little freaked out.

"Jeezus, you can't just sneak up on people like that!" I yelled, clutching my chest in surprise. "Who are you, anyways? Taemin? Minho?"

"Gee, thanks, Luna," The man drawled, rolling his eyes in exasperation. "It's been, what, six years since my debut and you still can't tell whose fabulous face this is?"

"Ah, I know who it is..." Jolie said, chuckling softly. "Hello, Key, how are you?"

"Oh! H-hey, Jolie, I didn't, um, recognize you..." Key stuttered, attempting to rub his neck but failing horribly because of the scissors currently attached to his hands.

"Yeah, our Jolie is certainly living up to her nickname as 'Highness'," I said, eyeing the two of them suspiciously. Key never EVER acted flustered around people, and I've certainly never seen him stutter before. I bet if we washed off the white makeup that was on his face, he'd be blushing like crazy.

I'd put money on it.

"The makeup and costume look... really nice..." Key said, trailing off as he continued to stare at Jolie like a lost puppy.

"Thank you, Key," Jolie said, smiling angelically.

"WELL!" I said, abruptly standing up. "I think I need a drink, Jolie, Key, do you want anything?"

"I'm good," Key said, with Jolie nodding in agreement. "Can I borrow your seat while you're gone? My legs are killing me."

"Oh yeah, yeah, go for it," I said, rushing away from the table. "You just make yourself comfy..."

As soon as I was sure I was out of earshot, I let out a huge squeal. Mentally patting myself on the back for being, what I assumed, one of the first people to notice, I went off to go find myself a new seat, letting the lovebirds have a moment to themselves.

What I failed to notice was the photographer who was photographing the two of them and the moment they were having.


A/N: Um... Hi. /pleasedontkillmeforgoingonhiatus.

Sorry, this was kinda rushed, and it is kinda crappy... Forgive me juseyo. T~T

So, the SMTown Halloween Photos I used as reference can be seen here and here.

Halloween Makeup!!!

So, I've released a lot of the songs on the album already... If anyone can name all 6, I will give them a kookie. :3

Also, I'm super torn on the duet for Danni; She will definitely be singing Remember You (if you don't know, it's a duet with Shannon and SPEED's Jungkook and the song is literally an ear ), since I love the song and Shannon's voice is just perfect, but who'd you like to see do the duet with her? (I'd so love for it to be Sehun, but I don't think he could handle the vocals...)

Thanks, guys! Happy (really belated) New Year! :D