chapter six

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

Olivia's POV

We had just finished recording our goodbye stage when Mimi and the Zenith TV crew had burst into our dressing room, saying something about a 'special episode' and a 'thank you for the fans'. Ignoring our moans of opposition, they whisked us out of the television broadcast station and back down to the SM Building where we met up with EXO. We all ed and moaned for a while before the PD-nim decided to tell us that we'd be letting fans tweet us challenges and then doing them in guy-girl pairs, and the last four boys left would suffer dire consequences live on TV.

Now THAT shut us up pretty quickly.

The camera crew seated us in a half-circle on the practice room floor so the camera could effectively film us, girls on one side and guys on the other. A television screen showed a live feed of all of the tweets we were getting, and Mimi and the PD-nim screened the all of the challenges and chose the ones that were then printed onto a piece of paper and tossed into a hat. The girls drew a challenge out of a hat and an EXO member name out of the other. The last four boys would suffer dire consequences.

Jolie and Jongin had already done a rendition of Taeyang's I Need a Girl, Ahkum and Joonmyun had sang Say Something, Saera and Chanyeol had a freestyle rap battle (with some pretty weird lyrics... Apparently Saera likes to rap about cheese), and Soyu and Minseok had done a Gwiyomi battle (Soyu looked pretty uncomfortable but I'm pretty sure all of the Zenith TV crew were totally in love with her now, her aegyo is lethal).

Miyoung was about to draw her challenge when there was a knock on the training room door. We all twisted around to see Tiffany, Seohyun, and Taeyeon poke their heads in.

"Unnie! What are you doing here?" Miyoung exclaimed, bouncing over to the Girls' Generation maknae.

"Annyeong, Miyoung-ah," Seohyun said, patting Miyoung's head. "Minjun-oppa said he wanted us in for more dance practice, but he apparently sent us to the wrong training room... and he's stuck in traffic."

"Unnie, while you wait, you should all participate in our thank you gift to our fans!" Miyoung said, bouncing up and down on her toes. "Mimi and PD-nim chose challenges from our twitter fans and we're drawing names and challenges out of the hat. You have to do the challenge with that person, and the last EXO member standing has to suffer dire consequences."

"That sounds like fun!" Tiffany said. "Taeyeon-ah, do you want to participate as well?"

Taeyeon gazed around the room and finally locked eyes with me, her eyes narrowing as she saw that I just happened to be seated next to Baekhyun. My stomach started churning, Jessica's words of warning echoing in my head. I shifted away from Baekhyun reflexively, not breaking her heated gaze.

"It's fine with me," Taeyeon finally said. "As long as the PD-nims are ok with it."

"PD-nim!" Miyoung exclaimed, whirling around to face the cameras. "Can TaeTiSeo participate in the challenges with us? There would only be one EXO member left, so the stakes are even higher."

"That's absolutely fine!" The PD-nim exclaimed, practically drooling over the though of having TaeTiSeo cameo in the challenges. "We'll just have the TaeTiSeo girls go last, after Olivia."

We obediently scooted over, making room for the TaeTiSeo girls. I must've done something extremely bad in the past, since Taeyeon ended up sitting right next to me. The cameras were rolling, though, so I simply smiled politely, my idol face firmly in place.

"Alright!" Joonmyun said, clapping his hands together. "We have a special treat for everyone, we've been joined by our TaeTiSeo noonas for today!"

"Annyeonghaseyo! TaeTiSeo imnida!" The thee ladies chorused, waving cutely at the camera.

"Miyoung-ah, it's your turn to draw a challenge," the PD-nim said from off-camera.

"Alright, what's it gonna be?" Miyoung said, drawing a dare from the hat. Unfolding it, she began reading it aloud. "This one is from @vitamin_yeol, and the challenge is to... 'Dance to Troublemaker's Now with someone from EXO'."

"Ooooohhhh!" We all chorused, cheering and clapping our hands as Miyoung laughed awkwardly, running her hands through her hair.

"Do you know the dance, Miyoung-ah?" Seohyun asked, laughing.

"Yeah," Miyoung said as she reached for the hat with the names in them. "I performed it with another trainee for a monthy evaluation, but he ended up leaving SM. Wouldn't it be weird if he were watching this right now?"

"Yah, Miyoung-ah, you should send a video message to that former trainee," Yixing laughed. "Maybe he'll watch it."

"But what if netizens somehow found out who he was?" Miyoung said. "The internet would be all over it, and he'd never get any peace and quiet."

"You should do it," Tiffany said, smiling. "Who knows? Maybe he'll like it."

"Aish..." Miyoung laughed, turning towards the camera. "Yah, chingu-ah, annyeong. It's been a while, almost a year now. How are you doing? I hope that you're healthy and doing well in school, and I wish you the best in your future. Hwaiting!"

"Wahhhh!" We all screamed, laughing at Miyoung's red face.

"Yah, everyone, settle down," Ahkum said, a grin plastered on her face. "Go on, Miyoung, pick a name."

"Alright," Miyoung said, drawing a name from the hat. "I'm going to be dancing with..."

All of the cameras leaned in, eager to catch the name written on the little scrap of paper.

"Luhan!" Miyoung said, showing the scrap of papers to the camera. The TaeTiSeo ladies all started cheering while the EXO and Zenith members all burst out laughing; the TaeTiSeo members were not aware that those two had ing slept together, so they obviously didn't get why some of the Zenith girls were leaning on each other's shoulders, crying.

"Olivia, what's so funny?" Taeyeon asked. "Is there something the matter?"

"No, nothing," I managed to gasp out. "Everything is absolutely fine."

Her eyes narrowed suspiciously, but she said nothing, as the cameras were still trained onto her face.

"Luhan, do you know the dance?" Minseok gasped, wiping away a few stray tears.

"Yeah, I learned it for fun during one of our days off," Luhan admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "I've never danced it with another person, though, so I don't know how accurate I am."

"Well, I guess now is the moment of truth," Joonmyun said as Miyoung and Luhan both got to their feet and briefly stretched out before standing at the back of the room. "Challenge, START!"

Tell me now, now, now...
Tell me now, now, now...
oneuri kkeutnagi jeone
Tell me now, now, now... 
n
ow, now, now...

We all started cheering and wolf-whistling as Luhan and Miyoung started to dance because DAYUM did they look good together. I was so engulfed in the performance I almost yelped in surprise when Taeyeon seized my arm, pulling me towards her.

"What the hell?!" I gasped as she pulled me towards her, our faces merely inches apart. I glanced up nervously, but all the cameras were trained on Miyoung and Luhan, and no one else seemed to notice what was going on.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Taeyeon hissed. "Why the hell are you and Baekhyun so ing close?"

"Um, because he's my friend?" I snapped, ripping my arm from her grasp. "And I'm not a ing psycho?"

"Bull," Taeyeon scoffed. "I'm not that close with my 'friends'. Are you or aren't you dating?"

"Why the hell should I tell you?" I growled. "Stay out of my life."

"Whatever," Taeyeon said, turning away from me. "Just stay the away from him or else."

"What?!" I gasped, reaching out to grab her shoulder, but she simply slapped my hand away, glaring. Turning towards Miyoung and Luhan, she put on a bright smile, eagerly watching Luhan and Miyoung's performance and effectively ignorning me.

"That ..." I snarled, turning towards Luhan and Miyoung's performance. I knew there was a good chance the cameras would pick up my face, but I was so damn pissed, I didn't even care.

"Wahhh! Good job, you two!" Taeyeon said as Miyoung and Luhan hit the final pose at the end of their dance. Bowing to the cameras, they return to their seats, panting slightly.

"That looked really good, you guys," Jongdae remarked. "Are you sure the two of you haven't practiced together?"

"No, not even when we were trainees," Luhan said, smiling at Miyoung. "Perhaps we should."

Miyoung smiled back at Luhan. "Perhaps we should."

"Alright, who's next?" Saera said as she looked down the line. "Danni-ah, you're up!"

Danni reached for the hat as the rest of us mimed a drumroll on the floor. Plucking a strip of paper from the hat, she unfolded it an read it aloud. "This one is from @exosehuns," She said, a smile beginning to form on her face. "The challenge is to 'perform the partner dance from BoA's Only One with one of the EXO boys'."

"Wooooooaaaaaahhhhh," We all chorused in awe. Danni blushed as she bit her lip, obviously a little overwhelmed at the thought of having to dance for a challenge.

"Danni-ah, do you even know the dance?" Chanyeol said.

"Yeah, I performed this song for a monthly evaluation," Danni said, nodding. "But I chose the song more for the vocals, I had a really hard time dancing to this song. I'm a little nervous, I haven't done the choreography for this song in ages."

"You'll do fine," Miyoung said, patting the younger girl on the head. "But who is your partner going to be?"

"Only Sehun and Luhan know the dance," Baekhyun pointed out. "And Luhan already completed a challenge."

"Well, it looks like I'm going to do the challenge by default," Sehun said, standing up. "I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all," Danni said, smiling shyly at Sehun. Miyoung, who was still holding the hat, fished out Sehun's name and discarded it before passing both hats to me.

"Alright, you two, get ready," Ahkum said as the two of them moved towards the back of the room. "Challenge, start!"

Kabjakseureon naye ma-re 
Waehnji moreuge neon anshimhandeuthae
Eodiseobuteo urin ireohke jalmotdwehn geolkka 
Orae jeonbuteo, dareun gonman, gidaehan geon aninji

Sehun moved towards Danni, who was standing in the middle of the room, looking at her shoes. Caressing her face, he managed to plant a small kiss on the top of her head before launching into the choreography. At that point, we (EXO and Zenith) lost it; we were screaming and applauding and rolling around on the floor, dying. The camera crew and TaeTiSeo seemed pretty shocked at our reaction, but the cameras kept rolling, a couple of them catching our bizarre reaction, and the TaeTiSeo ladies managed to look somewhat refined next to the chaos going on around them. What can we say, when you put EXO and Zenith together, you get hysteria.

Danni had (amazingly) managed to keep dancing through all of this, despite having a look of complete shock (and happiness) on her face. She tripped over her feet a couple of times, as she was our lovable Kang Dayeon and cannot go anywhere without faceplanting, but Sehun always managed to grab her and steady her, and she managed to finish the partner section of the dance to a chorus of applause.

"Wow, Danni, I think that's the best I've ever seen you dance," Soyu teased as Danni and Sehun sat down, her face a bright shade of red.

"Shut up, Cilla," Miyoung said, whacking her on the back of the head. "Olivia, it's your turn."

"Alrighty, what's it gonna be?" I said, reaching into the hat. Grabbing a slip of paper, I pulled it out and read it aloud. "From @ibaekrauhls," I read. "Play the game 'Honey, I love you' with one of the EXO members."

"Ooooooh!" Jolie, Tiffany, and Miyoung said as the rest of the members looked at each other.

"'Honey, I love you'? What kind of game is that?" Yixing said.

"It's an American game," Tiffany said. "One person says 'Honey, I love you, and if you love me, you'll smile' while the second person looks them straight in the eye with a completely straight face, and after the first person says their line, the second person needs to say 'Honey, I love you, but I just can't smile right now'. The catch is that the first person can do whatever they want to get the second person to smile."

"Anything?" Soyu grinned. "Why don't we play this game more often?"

"Yah, Cilla," I said, reaching into the other hat for the name of the EXO member I would have to do this with. "Stop being such a ert."

"Well? Who is the other person?" Jolie said as I unfolded the strip of paper.

"And it is..." I said, reading the name. "Baekhyun-ah."

"Oooooooh, Baekhyun!" Everyone screamed, launching into another round of mass hysteria. I started laughing at the prospect of doing this challenge but stopped as soon as I saw Taeyeon's face. She looked as if she were about to murder me, and her whole expression said 'If you do anything 'funny' I will kill you'.

"Yah, Olivia," Kyungsoo gasped, wiping away a few stray tears. "Keep it PG-13, will you?"

"Of course, oppa," I said, laughing. Looking at Taeyeon one last time, I shrugged slightly as if to say 'sorry' before seating myself in Baekhyun's lap while everyone gasped.

"Jagiya," I sang, looping my arms around his neck. I could see his face start to turn red but he managed to keep a completely straight face. Props to him. "I love you, and if you love me, you'll smile, right?"

He took a deep breath, obviously having a hard time. "Jagiya," he said slowly, the corner of his mouth twitching. "I love you, but..."

He paused for a second, biting his lip. Before he could say anything, I whipped out one of my best aegyo faces and he simply lost it.

"AHAHAHAHAAAA!!!" He gasped, doubling over with laughter. I was pushed out of his lap, but everyone else erupted into laughter as well, so I simply got up, dusted myself off, and returned to my seat.

"Whoo, it's getting hot in here," Joonmyun remarked, playfully fanning himself. "To tell you the truth, Olivia, I didn't think you were going to be able to do it."

"My aegyo never fails me," I said smugly. "I had it in the bag."

"I didn't think you were going to go sit in his lap," Zitao remarked. Did he look... disappointed?

"I don't think anyone thought she would," Taeyeon said. Her voice and tone were upbeat but she locked eyes with me and sent me a silent message: This means war.

"Taeyeon-unnie, it's your turn to choose," Ahkum said as I passed the hat to her. "What is your challenge going to be?"

"Let me see..." Taeyeon said, reaching into the hat. Pulling out a slip of paper, she read her challenge aloud. "This one is from @kpoplover727," she said. "The challenge is to 'have a y dance battle to Nasty Nasty's Knock'."

"Whaaaaaaat?!" We all screamed, looking at Taeyeon in surprise. She didn't say anything as she reached into the hat with the names in it, drawing out a strip of paper. Reading the name, she looked up at me, a smirk on her face.

"I'm going to be doing this challenge with Tao."

 

Jolie's POV

On our way back to our dormitory, the rest of the girls were chattering non-stop, discussing the events that had unfurled during today's filming of Zenith TV.

"Did that actually happen?" Danni sighed, a smile plastered on her face. "Did he really kiss me?"

"Mmmmmhmmmm," Miyoung said, poking Danni playfully. "It's on film and will be on the internet forever and ever."

"I kind of feel bad for Yixing, though," Saera remarked. "I mean, it wasn't his fault that he wasn't chosen."

"True, but how much of a punishment is dressing up in unicorn pajamas and dancing to Gee?" Miyoung said. "Everyone knows he enjoyed every minute of it."

"God, Ollie, I didn't actually think you'd go that far during your challenge," Soyu said, addressing the young lead vocalist. "Taeyeon-unnie looked pretty damn pissed, to be honest. And, in my opinion, she enjoyed that y dance battle a bit too much, if you ask me."

"Ugh, I know," Olivia moaned as we all clambered out of the company's van. "That is trying to kill me, I swear."

"Why?" Saera said as we trekked across the parking lot and the lobby. "Is she in love with Zitao or something?"

"No, she's in love with Baekhyun," Olivia sighed. "She's so crazy about him, it's scary. She tried to make me jealous of her and Zitao because I sat in Baekhyun's lap for my challenge. She even threatened me during the filming, telling me to stay away from him."

"What?" I gasped as we filed into the lobby. "Is she out of her mind?"

"Apparently," Soyu remarked as the eight of us (Zenith plus Mimi) crammed into our building's elevator. "Didn't you say Jessica warned you about this? That Taeyeon can be a crazy when she wants but can't have?"

"Yep," Olivia said. "I didn't believe her before but I believe her now. What the hell am I going to do?"

"Well, for one thing, stay away from her," Ahkum suggested as we exited the elevator and walking down the hall towards our dormitory. "And don't let her see you with Baekhyun, that's just fuel for the fire."

"Thanks, Ahkum," Olivia sighed as she unlocked the door. "I'm definitely gonna start doi-"

"SURPRISE!!!"

The seven of us reeled back in shock as various confetti and streamers rained down on us. It seemed as if all of SMTown were crammed into our dorm; Super Junior was holding up an enourmous sign that said 'Congratulations to our hoobaes on their debut!' while TVXQ, Girls' Generation, f(x), SHINee, Red Velvet, BoA, Kangta, and even EXO stood around, throwing more confetti into our faces.

"What...?" Danni gasped, voicing the thoughts that were running through all of our heads. "What's going on?"

"It's a surprise party, Danni-ah," Irene laughed, bouncing over to Danni. "To congratulate you on your debut!"

"Were you guys in on this?!" Saera screamed as Chanyeol came up to her.

"Of course we were in on this, pabo," He smirked, ing red cups into our hands. "We were the diversion. Now c'mon, it's time to party!"

"Everyone put your hands up and get your drinks up!"

We all looked at Ahkum, waiting for her (uneeded yet expected) permission. She stood silently, holding her cup, before a smile grew on her face. She wordlessly raised her glass, a silent toast, before taking a sip.

Well, Zenith is most definitely not one to disobey their elders.


A/N: Ohmygosh this is so long. ^^;

I'm too tired to look through it again for mistakes right now... I'll do it in the morning. I hope you guys enjoy!!!