member reveal #5

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

   

Kang "Danni" Dayeon
Main Vocalist, Visual, Maknae

Dayeon sometimes acts like she's in her own world; she walks around with a constant grin, smiling at nothing. Her groupmates think she's a total nutjob, laughing at jokes that aren't funny or zoning out in the middle of her sentence. The fact that she's so detached and easygoing makes it seem like she would not be a good kpop idol candidate. However, when she hits the stage, the playful sparkle in her eyes fade, to be replaced with a look of determination; she can be very passioniate about her singing.

One thing she absolutely cannot stand is when people do not strive to do their best in this industry. Everyone else is pushing to do their best, why can't they? What seems to be a game to them is everything in the world to her. She usually holds in her feelings, because she doesn't want to cause a scene, but when she reaches her breaking point, there is no turning back. 

Dayeon doesn't like conflict or confrontation, doing everything in her power to avoid fighting, and acts as the mediator when fights break out between the members. She can be quite the people pleaser, putting other people's emotions and problems before her own, and it can be very hard for her to say no to people. She's not the best dancer, as she seems to trip over thin air, but she's very meticulous, pointing out the smallest details and making various corrections.

 

Background

Born in Bucheon as the only child of a doctor and a college professor, there has always been pressure on Dayeon to do something great with her life. She tried to live up to their expectations for a while, but she had no interest in her studies, only in music. Her parents, of course, did not support her dream of being a performer, saying that music should be a hobby, never a career. On a trip to Seoul in 2011 to visit her grandparents, she snuck away to audition for SM Entertainment and was accepted. When her parents found out, she threatened to run away if they didn't let her do this, telling them that this was what she wanted to do. Her parents relented, only because they thought "she'll come to her senses eventually". To this day her parents are against her decision, but Dayeon perseveres to achieve her goal. During her time at SM, she appeared in EXO's "Miracles of December" MV and sang the OST "It's Ok, That's Love".

 

Likes
- Music
- ​Singing
- ​Cold weather
- Mangos
- ​The color red

Dislikes
- Being bored
- Half hearted people
- Being in physical pain (she has a low pain tolerance)
- Ghost stories
- Silence ( it literally suffocates her so she'll either sing or listen to music to fill the void)

Hobbies
- Singing ("I'm not good at anything besides making music") 
- Songwriting

Trivia
- Her birthday is October 8th, 1994 (19 years old)
- She is the youngest of the group
- Her height is 168cm and his weight is 50kg
- She's a picky eater
- She covers up her face when she laughs
- She eats skittles by colour
- She gets carsick very easily
- She can't look after herself when sick: she'd probably just carry on as normal 


A/N: Congratulations to baekingcakes! I know you said you wanted to be leader, but I though she had such a cute personality to be the maknae. (Plus, she turned out to be the youngest out of all my members) ^^

Fun fact: The original debut song was going to be My My by APink, but I decided to change some of the ages (to make them all legal) and go with a y debut (so they'd be the opposite of Red Velvet). Tell me what you think. :)