chapter ten

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

A/N: Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ana means lots of time at home to write more.

You guys all need to watch this before you read the chapter. I can't.

I started a new applyfic, Ω.MEGA, and I'd love for you guys to apply! (hopefully with different characters, but hey, I'd wouldn't mind writing about our girls again! :P) I'm probably going to be more active over there for just a little bit, but once I get everything settled, all my attention will be back on this fic, and I definitely won't abandon it. We've come too far for that. :)

More time lapsing. Drama. Hurrah. Sorry if a lot of this revolves around Dahun (Dahun? Seyeon? Senni? Idk, someone help me out here), but their love story is just SO DAMN GOOD I CAN'T EVEN. I write because I don't wanna do my homework/college apps. SOMEONE STOP ME. Enjoy. :D


Dayeon's POV

The past two weeks have definitely been rough. When we learned that Jessica was leaving Girls' Generation, we all flipped out (except for Olivia, since her cousins had filled her in beforehand). She was the Ice Princess of the nation's girl group... and SM had just kicked her out. I knew that shady decisions went down in SM, but that was just a really stupid move. No wonder their stocks were still dropping (I mean, that was bad news for us, since we're signed under SM, but hey, it was a stupid move and the company should suffer).

We didn't have anytime to dwell on the matter, though, since everyone was too busy getting ready for SMTown Live in Tokyo, ourselves included; if we weren't in a practice room rehearsing for upcoming concert, we were in the recording studio, deciding on the songs that would make up our debut album. It was really tough, as Olivia, Saera, and I all composed really great songs that nobody wanted to let go of, so, in the couple of hours we had before we left for Tokyo, we decided to see if we could take 30 songs and narrow it down to around 17.

"I still think we should put in 'Like a Movie'," Miyoung said, pulling the paper with the lyrics from the huge pile in front of us. "I think the tune and the lyrics really fit the concept of the album."

"Ok, I'll give you that, but would you rather have 'Star Star Star' or 'Like a Movie'?" I argued. "I think the vocalists would have a lot more fun with 'Star Star Star', and this would be an easier song for the non-vocalists."

"Although I think you're biased since you wrote 'Star Star Star', Danni has a point," Ahkum said. "All those in favor for 'Star Star Star' moving on towards the final round and 'Like a Movie' being eliminated?"

Olivia, Jolie, Ahkum, and I all raised our hands immediately (what can I say, the vocalists of Zenith really liked what I wrote), with Soyu and Saera following a split second later. Miyoung looked at the six of us before sighing and raising her hand as well.

"'Star Star Star' does have the easier vocals, and everyone knows I'm not much of a singer," Miyoung admitted as we all laughed.

"Someone call the doctor nal butjapgo malhaejwo
Sarangeun gyeolguk jungdok overdose"

"Kang Dayeon," Ahkum said in her scary mom voice (something that she had recently developed to deal with the troublemakers of the group and yes, I'm looking at you, Im Soyu). "Why is your phone going off this is group album time shut it off now."

"Ok, ok!" I yelped, fumbling for my phone. Reading the caller ID, my heart sank the tiniest bit.

"It's Joohyun," I begged, turning to Ahkum. "She only calls when it's important. Ahkum-unnie, please please please ple-"

"Aish, alright, alright!" Ahkum said, waving her hands around. "You have five minutes, and it's your own fault if we kick out a song you want."

"Thanks, Ahkum!" I said, rushing out of the studio.

"Yoboseyo?" I said, answering the phone. "Joohyun-unnie, can you make this fast, Ahkum nearly kille-"

"Danni, check Allkpop or Koreaboo right now, you're not going to like this." Joohyun said.

"Eh? Why?" I said, immediately stiffening at her tone. "What's going on?"

"You know how you told me about you and Sehun and Minah, right?"

"Yeah...?" I said, my insides churning.

"Just get off the phone with me and check. We can talk on the plane." Joohyun said before hanging up.

I quickly opened up a web browser on my phone, my heart in my throat. As soon as I caught sight of the Allkpop headline, my legs gave out, and I crumpled into a little ball on the floor.

BREAKING: EXO's Sehun and Girl's Day's Minah spotted out on a date!

 

Saera's POV

Something was wrong with Danni.

Not only did she completely avoid Sehun like the plague at the airport, but she also whipped up a brand new song in the two hour flight from Incheon to Tokyo when she wasn't in deep conversation with Irene. Now, I consider myself a pretty good composer, but that was simply unheard of. And the thing is, the rest of the members looked at her song and they all loved it. They agreed it had a spot in the album, and insisted that Danni absolutely had to sing it as a soloist.

"Danni, honey? Are you ok? Is something the matter?" I asked when we had a break from rehearsing onstage in Tokyo Stadium.

"H-huh? Ah, no, I'm just... nervous for the 'Crazy in Love' stage, that's all," Danni said, laughing nervously.

"Danni, you absolutely nailed that stage in Seoul, you have no reason to be nervous," I said, crossing my arms. "What's the real reason? Does it have to do with Sehun?"

"N-no!" Danni said quickly. "It's just... I mean..."

"Ahh, so it is about Sehun," I said, seating myself next to the young vocalist. "C'mon, what's up? You avoided him like the plague at the airport and then you whipped up that amazing song, 'All of a Sudden'. Something's obvi-"

"He's dating Minah."

"... What?" I said, turning to look at Danni. She simply buried her face into her knees, her shoulders shaking.

"Wha- Ohmygod, Danni... I'm so sorry," I said, attempting to comfort her.

"I-I-I..." Danni sobbed. "I-Irene told m-me to check Allkpop, a-and there was t-this article about him and M-minah... And there were p-pictures, too..."

"Oh, sweetheart..." I cooed, pulling Danni into a hug. In a matter of seconds, Danni had transformed from Zenith's confident main vocalist to a sobbing 19-year-old. "You know how unreliable Allkpop is, it could just be a stupid misunderstanding."

"I-I know..." Danni said, sniffling. "B-but I even asked J-joonmyun and he s-said that S-sehun did go out t-that night..."

"Ok, fine, he may be dating her, but so what?" I said firmly, taking Danni's chin and looking her squarely in the eyes. "You are Kang Dayeon, and I will not allow you to be hung up over a boy. You're going to march onto that stage tomorrow night and own it, and by doing so, you're going to win his heart back from that ."

"O-ok..." Danni stuttered, her tears drying up. "That was... really scary, Saera."

"Someone broke the maknae's heart," I said, patting her head. "We're gonna have to teach Bang Minah a lesson, now aren't we?"

 

Miyoung's POV

After running around all day to prepare for the concert, having a moment to sit down and watch the other groups rehearse was pure bliss.

"I gotta admit, after watching those pabos stumble around drunk, I'm always so surprised to see that they're actually capable of performing in a large group," Soyu said as we watched EXO run through their numbers.

"Haha, true..." I said, only half listening to Soyu. Squinting at the stage, I began counting the members onstage (a tough feat, as they wouldn't ing stay still). "Hey, Soso, I only count ten dudes, who's missing?"

"Um..." Soyu said, leaning forward in her seat. "Either Luhan or Chany- No, wait, that's him doing the rap break... Yeah, Luhan. Is he not performing?"

"He didn't mention anything..." I said, whipping out my phone. Excusing myself, I walked towards the backstage area as the phone continued to ring.

"Hello?" A weak voice answered. I blinked a couple of times before it hit me that Luhan had picked up the phone.

"Luhan? Ohmygod, are you ok?" I said, pressing the phone closer to my ear.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine..." Luhan breathed. "Just... not feeling well enough to sing and dance right now... heh..."

"Go see a doctor, please," I said, pacing around the backstage area. "If you're sick enough to miss the concert, yo-"

"Minnie, I'm fine," Luhan said, cutting me off. "I went to a doctor, they told me to just take it easy for a while, that's all."

"Ok..." I said reluctantly, blushing at the impromptu nickname. "You're sure you're ok?"

"Minnie, relax, I'm fine," Luhan said. "I'm glad that you called. When you get back, can we meet up? I need to talk to you about something."

"Of course," I said, relaxing ever so slightly. "Now go take a nap or something, ok?"

"Yes, ma'am." Luhan said, chuckling slightly. "Kill it onstage, ok?"

"When do I not?"

"True, true."

 

Sehun's POV

"nuni bushi jyo
neomu na areum dabjyo
maju jabeun du soneuro uri
modu hamkke mandeuro gayo"

Everyone was all smiles as we wrapped up our second SMTown Live in Tokyo concert by singing our finale song, 'Hope', but my thoughts were preoccupied with my 'date' with Minah and Zenith's maknae, Danni. The latter had been avoiding me for the past three days, and I knew without a doubt that it had to do with the photos of me and Minah on the Internet.

Singling Danni out from the mass of bodies currently onstage, I jogged up to her right before she departed down the catwalk. Slinging my arm over her shoulders, I ended up singing her lines along with her, much to her surprise. She knew the cameras were rolling, however, so she managed to keep up her happy smile as the fans snapped pictures of 'the maknae line'.

As soon as I was sure the cameras were focused elsewhere, I leaned in towards Danni, my smile still firmly in place. "Any reason you've been avoiding me?" I breathed.

I felt her stiffen under my arm, but she continued to smile and wave happily towards the screaming fans. She tried to run towards her groupmates at the other end of the runway but ended up tripping over own foot. Before she could fall over, I caught her around the waist, steadying her.

"Why don't you hold your girlfriend like this?" Danni hissed, wiggling out of my grip. Before I could say anything, she ran over to her groupmates, once again tripping over her feet on the way. Thankfully, Chanyeol managed to catch her, though I felt a surge of jealousy as Danni flashed a smile and playfully hugged him.

"Yah, Sehun," Zitao said as he came up from behind me. "You're zoning out, you ok?"

"Yeah, yeah..." I said, tearing my eyes off of Danni. "Just thinking."

"About...?" Zitao said, raising his eyebrow.

"I dunno... Girls?" I said half-heartedly.

"Don't ever try to think about girls," Zitao said, waving at a couple of screaming fans. "Girls are complicated."

"Tell me about it."

 

 

 

 

 

HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
SMTown successfully completes the Japanese leg of their 'SM Town Live World Tour IV'!
October 5th, 2014 @ 10:34 pm
smtown-world-tour-taiwan-580x290.jpg
zdVJmyT.png
by starsung
scrap, share & like
2456
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

Despite all the recent controversy coming out of SM Entertainment, the SMTown Family completed two successful 'SM Town Live World Tour IV' concerts in Tokyo.

SEE ALSO: BREAKING: EXO's Sehun and Girl's Day's Minah spotted on a date!

Girls' Generation's Sooyoung and Jessica, f(x)'s Sulli, and EXO's Luhan were all absent from both of the concerts. Sooyoung's filming schedule for her latest drama 'My Spring Day' meant that she was unable to attend, while the recent controversy surrounding former Girls' Generation member Jessica meant that she was not present as well. f(x)'s Sulli is currently taking a hiatus from the entertainment industry while EXO's Luhan was not able to attend due to health reasons.

On a more positive note, SHINee's Onew returned to the stage after recovering from his throat surgery. Despite the missing members, the SM Town concert was a success; SM's newest girl groups, Red Velvet and Zenith, once again took the stage. Red Velvet performed their debut singles 'Happiness' while Zenith and EXO perfomed the special mashup single of 'First Love' and EXO's 'Thunder' last seen at 'SMTown Live World Tour in Seoul'.

SM Town will continue with their world tour, with their next concert date being October 18th in Shanghai.

tags
SM Town Live World Tour IV
SM Entertainment
Controversy
Live Concert
comments
There are 836 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
leethao · Posted October 5th, 2014 @ 10:35 pm
Honestly, I'm glad that Zenith performed and ing owned it (thank you, Japanese Cosmos, for the awesome fan-cams), but I seriously can't stand SM right now. First Kris, now Sulli and Jessica? Even Luhan was missing.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
busiera · Posted October 5th, 2014 @ 10:36 pm
Did Danni and Sehun seem kinda weird to you guys? They're usually totally buddy-buddy with each other but they seemed mad at each other today...
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
seosoo · Posted October 5th, 2014 @ 10:38 pm
Once again, the ladies of Zenith ing slayed it. At least there's ONE good thing coming out of SM right now.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
dubu99 · Posted October 5th, 2014 @ 10:39 pm
Red Velvet seemed... Disheartened. Hopefully their comeback is actually decent.
Reply · Report · Share
 
more