chapter two

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

Saera's POV

"yeoboseyo i hanmadiga eoryeowo 

jeonhwajocha geolji motae

mianhaeyo deo jalhaejuji motae 

geudaega neomu antakkawo..."

"Danni, honey, relax," I said to the young vocalist, who was currently looking at herself in our dressing room mirror, singing her verses over and over. "You've got it down, it sounds perfect."

"I know," Danni sighed, not taking her eyes off of her figure. "I'm not nervous. I'm going stir crazy from being in here."

"UGH, tell me about it," Miyoung groaned as she fiddled with the top of a water bottle absentmindedly. "I need to get out of here, the walls are closing in, I swear."

We were currently crammed into yet another dressing room, coordi-noonas and stylists running around trying to perfect stage outfits, hair, and makeup. Danni, Miyoung, and I were already debut stage ready, so we were simply lounging around, trying to kill some time. Key word being trying.

"... GODDAMNIT, I need to go do something," Miyoung suddenly snapped, rising out of her seat. "What can we go do right now?"

It was like the gods had magically answered our prayers; the Zenith TV PD suddenly poked his head into the room. "We need to have some of the girls make appearances with some other idols," He announced. "Any volunteers?"

"WE'LL DO IT!" I yelled, pulling along Miyoung and Danni. "Let's go see if we can find Hoseok, I'm pretty sure they're promoting Danger right now, maybe I can on TV! Mimi, please please please let us go."

"Fine by me," Mimi said, not even taking her eyes away from whatever was on her laptop screen. "Make sure you're back in time. And in one piece."

The three of us cheered as we rushed out of the dressing room, glad to be able to do something. SM Entertainment had decided that after the response we had gotten at the SMTown concert, it would be a good idea to put together a TV show following our debut and future activities. As soon as we got outside, we peered down the seemingly empty corridor, the camera crew hot on our heels.

"Aish, where is everyone...?" Danni said, checking out some of the signs on the door. "I think this one's got a group in it, who wants to go in first?"

"I'll do it!" Miyoung said brightly, not even hesistating to open the door. What a daredevil, that one.

"Ah, Miyoung, hello!"

As Danni and I entered the room, we were soon greeted by the rest of Super Junior, whom we all bowed to (we had to be good dongsaengs, after all, even moreso when the cameras were around).

"You guys did great at the concert last night," Siwon said. "You guys looked like professionals, no joke."

"Wahh, thank you so much!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands together in excitement, idol face firmly set into place. "When do you go on? This must be the first time three SM artists have been promoting at the same time, and we already watched the Red Velvet girls. We want to see our oppa's stage, Zenith totally loves 'Mamacita'."

"Really?" Eunhyuk said, smiling.

"Absolutely," Danni said. "I'm pretty sure it's Jolie's ringtone right now, Zenith totally jam out to it all the time. You guys are topping all the charts, too, it's amazing."

"Aish, our little dongsaengies are so cute," Donghae laughed, ruffling Danni's hair. "But you guys are doing just as well, if not better. You're getting very popular."

We... are?

"Yah, wait, what do you mean?" Miyoung questioned. "Our MV hasn't even broken one million hits yet."

Now it was their turn to look confused. They looked as us all questioningly, as if we didn't know some big secret or something. "What do you mean? When was the last time you checked your MV on Youtube?" Heechul said.

"Um..." I said as the the three of us looked at each other, confused. "Probably right after it came out? We haven't had a lot of time to moniter it, and Mimi took away our phones in the run up to the concert."

"Well..." Leeteuk said, a huge grin growing on his face. "You girls are definitely in for a huge surprise. Yah, Kyuhyun, pull it up on your phone."

The Super Junior maknae quickly obliged as the rest of us crowded around him as the cameras zoomed into our faces, eager to catch whatever it is we were going to see on camera. We saw the video start to play, Olivia's hand trailing down the wet glass, the rest of us doing our pole dancing tricks... Basically, nothing out of the ordinary.

"What are you trying to show us?" Miyoung demanded. Kyuhyun smirked as he scrolled down, pointing to the number of views. I simply stared at the number, at a complete loss of words. How... was that even possible?

"Oh... my god..." I heard Danni squeak. "In five days... are you sure?"

"Positive," Ryeowook said as he patted her shoulder. "Congratulations."

Eight million views.

Eight million views.

Oh my god.

 

Ahkum's POV

"Na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na na..."

I gazed at the camera as the music faded out, holding our final poses before the cameras cut away and we were able drop the stage faces and cram onto the stage with the other acts performing that week. As the MCs launched into their obligatory banter, my mind began to wander; Danni, Miyoung, and Saera had return from their little expedition screaming their heads off. I knew we had gotten a good reaction from the crowd at SMTown last night, but eight million views for a rookie group... That was simply unheard of.

"And the top two this week are... WINNER and Zenith!"

"What?" I blurted out, pushing to the front of the crowd to watch the little screen they tallied the numbers on. We desperately clutched each others' hands, our hearts in our throat.

"And the winners are... wow! The hot rookies, Zenith, with First Love!"

...

...

WHAT.

What's going on? Did we just... Did we just win?!

"Yah, Ahkum-ah, say something!" Leeteuk cheered, ing a microphone into my hands as confetti rained down on us. "Go on!"

I blinked back tears as I watched the rest of my members; Olivia and Soyu were sobbing (now THAT was a surprise, Soyu hates it when people see her cry) as the rest of Super Junior tried to comfort them, Saera had been swept up into a hug by her brother, Danni and Irene were jumping up and down, screaming, Miyoung was just standing there, absolutely shell-shocked, and Jolie was standing right next to me, a huge grin on her face as she gave me a gentle shove, reminding me that were were live on TV and everyone was expecting me to say something.

"I..." Ohmygod, I was choking up. Deep breath, Ahkum, deep breath. "Everyone... We were not e-expecting this, at all. I c-can't believe this is happening. I just... Oh my god... We'll continue to work h-hard, right?"

The members that weren't crying looked up at my words, huge smiles plastered across their faces.

"RIGHT!"


A/N: So... Labor Day weekend means another (short) chapter. I will take creative license on anything unrealistic that just happened because this group needs to make history to advance the plot.