member reveal #4

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

   

Jolie Choi
Lead Vocalist, Main Dancer

Jolie is the mysterious "Foreign Queen" of the group. As the eldest of the group, and of her family, she has a natural motherly and welcoming nature, and she tries to take care of the rest of the group. However, this can sometimes backfire on her, and people that aren't used to her often interpret her motherly nature as nosiness. Her intentions are always pure, though, and she just wants to make the people around her happy.

Jolie is a very competitive and stubborn person. She likes being on top and being the best at what she's doing. If she says she can do something, you can be sure she'll put all her effort into doing it. This doesn't just happen when she's talking about herself, though, she does this whenever she wants to prove a point about anyone or anything. She often boasts that her groupmates can achieve a lot of things, just because she wants them to become the best. 

Jolie tries very hard to be a perfect role model for the younger members, but she tends to hide her pain so no one else can see it. She's the type of person who will power through a three-hour dance class with (what looks to be) no problem but cry about her sore muscles later. To her, being perfect means that there will be nothing bad other people can say about her or her groupmates. Therefore, she pushes herself as well as her groupmates to do their best.

 

Background

Born and raised in Toronto, Jolie was a very quiet child. At the age of 10, she became interested in music and, with the support of her parents, began singing lessons. She worked on improving her range vocal control and was introduced into the world of kpop when her best friend, Hilary, mentioned that Jolie should become a kpop idol. It started off as a joke, but Jolie started thinking about it and later asked Hilary, "What do I need to do to become a kpop idol?" For the next five years, she sang and danced in preperation for her audition, and, at the age of 20, flew to South Korea with Hilary to audition for SM. She has made no public appearances during her time at SM, and was the last member to be added to Zenith.

 

Likes
- Cheese (she hates the lack of cheese in Korea)
- Long showers
- ​Snow
- ​Pancakes and maple syrup
- Listening to Korean people attempting to speak English
- Listening to music
- Long sleeved shirts/sweaters

Dislikes
- Reptiles
- ​Whenever only one headphone works
- Heights
- When others get hurt because of her
- Horror movies
- Apple juice

Hobbies
- Reading
- Practicing (it makes perfect)
- Painting (she's bad at it, but she likes it)
- Learning other languages
- Eating

Trivia
- Her birthday is January 1st, 1992. (22 years old)
- She is the eldest of the group
- Her height is 173cm and her weight is 59kg
- She loves all that lovey dovey, cheesy stuff
- She likes doing nail art
- She writes everything in cursive
- She has an extremely fast metabolism, so she constantly needs to eat so she doesn't lose weight.


A/N: Congratulations to elle4everZ! I like her "motherly" personality (and how it can totally backfire on her sometimes), and your application was so much fun to read! :)

The rest of the members have been decided on. Expect member reveals and more teasers over the next couple of days. I don't think I'll be able to get them all done by the 28th, but I can try really really hard. ^^;