member reveal #7

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

   

Shang Ahkum
Triple Threat, Leader

Ahkum has always been quiet child, yet no one really seems to know why. She only speaks when spoken to directly, and she's very shy. Despite her quiet nature, she stands up for what she believes in and is very passionate about what she does. She's also very bright; she aspired to become a doctor before she was recruited for SM.

She has confidence in her abilities and her looks, but not as much as people think she does. She's also a fantastic cook, but she only cooks when she's had a really good day (the members praise the gods when she does, her cooking is phenomenal). Her attitude is usually very happy and upbeat, and she seldom gets angry or upset.

Ahkum is a very straighforward and easygoing person, as she dislikes confrontation. She works hard because she knows there's no going back, and she dislikes making wishes because in her mind, everything that she wants can be achieved with good old hard work. Despite her independence, she is the leader, and she's determined to hold this group together and lead them to greatness.

 

Background

Ahkum was born in Shanghai, China to a Chinese father and Korean mother and moved to Korea when she was five years old. She had quite the strict childhood, as her mother instituted a number of rules, one of which was 'no talking unless spoken to directly'. Her parents weren't around much, which is where Ahkum's independence comes from, and most of the adult company she had was in the form of a stay-at-home nanny. Her family was pretty wealthy, yet Ahkum's mother usually kept the money to herself. She did, however, send Ahkum to some of the best schools, since she wanted her child to recieve the best possible education in hopes of her becoming a doctor. Ahkum mastered the piano, flute, and violin at the age of 12 and went on to learn the guitar. When Ahkum first told her parents she wanted to audition for SM, they were severly against it, as they wanted their daughter to become a doctor. Instead of relenting, Akhum decided to do something for herself and chase her dream of becoming an idol. After she was accepted in 2010, her parents were so dissappointed in her that they disowned her and moved back to China without her. Nevertheless, Ahkum pushed on, determined to reach her goal. As a trainee, she was a backup dancer for TaeTiSeo's 'Twinkle', but her most notable pre-debut appearance was her role in SM The Ballad's 'Breath' MV.

 

Likes
- The colors white and blue
- Japanese cherry blossom groves
- Water (not the drink, but it reminds her of when she did photography in grade school. Her favorite pictures were ones involving water.)
- Cheese (It is her favorite food because there are so many different kinds)
- Art (like paintings, novels, poetry)

Dislikes
- Talking too much
- Peppers, onions, and peas
- Making wishes (Being independent, she believes that whatever she needs, she can get herself instead of wishing for it.)
- Thunderstorms (when she was little, lightning struck her house burned half of it down. She has been afraid of it ever since.)

Hobbies
- Reading romance novels
- Baking and cooking
- Practicing her singing and dancing
- Writing poetry and novels
- Daydreaming while watching the sky

Trivia
- Her birthday is February 25th, 1993 (21 years old)
- Her height is 165cm and her weight is 45kg
- Loves the color blue, but thinks she looks fantastic in red.

- Wants to get over her quietness, but sometimes thinks of it as a haven.
- She LOVES scary movies
-
 Used to want to own a bakery before the dream of being a doctor or model popped up, and managed to take multiple mastery culinary classes in school.
- She was o
nce was attacked by a dog and has a small scars on her ankle where she was bit.


A/N: And that's the last member of Zenith! Congratulations to AliyaShawol, I thought Ahkum had the right personality to be this group's leader, despite the independence and quietness.

Thank you to EVERYONE who applied to this story. This was probably the hardest decision I've made in the past three months, and just know I ended up crying for 5min the other night over who I had to choose. ^^;

Dayum, I have a super multi-cultural group... (three Koreans, two Korean-Americans, one Chinese-Korean and one Canadian-Korean) Anyways, I pre-wrote the last teaser, but I'm back in school now, so I don't know when the first chapter will be out. I'll keep y'all updated. I hope you like Zenith! :)