chapter three

zenith - sm entertainment's newest girl group! // discontinued...

A/N: Hello, my lovely readers,

First of all, if you haven't read all of the surprising, juicy plot in Chapter 2, go do that first. IT'S SUPER IMPORTANT. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a good sign you didn't read it. If you DID read it, just know I changed the music station from Music Bank to M! Countdown. It's still the same day, and this is still their debut stage. Sorry for any confusion. :)

I was prepared to update this fic on Tuesday, but I decided to postpone this chapter's release for 24 hours in light of the news that is leaving the kpop world in a complete state of shock. I just wanted to say my heart goes out to EunB's family and friends, as well as all of the Ladies' Code fans. I am definitely not their most hardcore fan, but 'Bad Girl', 'Hate You', and 'I'm Fine Thank You' all have a special place in my heart. This chapter is dedicated to her, the angel that most definitely left this world too soon. RIP, EunB. You will be missed.

 


I really don't want to go into this chapter on a sad note, so below are a collection of my favorite kpop gifs/photos. Please enjoy. :)

Also, I apologize if one character got more spotlight than another... it's really hard to keep track of 18 bodies. ^^;

Enjoy the chapter!


Sehun's POV

We were supposed to be rehearsing for our concert in Singapore later this month, but Minjun, the SM choreographer, was such a softie that it only took a couple minutes (and some aegyo from Tao) to convince him to let us go down to the M! Countdown building to watch Zenith's debut stage. Unfortunately for us, Kyungsoo took a couple of wrong turns and may have almost run over a dog while we were screaming at him, so by the time we reached the station (mostly in one piece), we had missed their stage.

"Maybe we should just wait for them in their dressing room and scare them, I bet you Olivia would start crying," Baekhyun said as we strolled down the hallways, checking out all of the signs on the door.

"Yah, you pabo, they could be long gone by now for all we know," Chanyeol groaned. "There's no one around."

"Well, the security guard at the back door said that none of the groups have left yet," I pointed out. "Maybe they're shooting something upstairs, they could all just be onst-"

"Sehun-ah!"

I turned to see Minah from Girl's Day striding down the hallway, a bright smile on her face. Quickly bowing to her (she was older than me, after all), I greeted her with a smile as she came over to us. "Hi, Minah, what are you doing here?" I said.

"We're wrapping up promotions for 'Darling'," Minah said as she casually flipped her hair over her shoulder. "We just finished filming the ending upstairs. Did you watch any of the stages today?"

"Ah, no..." I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck. "Kyungsoo-ah took a couple of wrong turns and almost ran over a dog, so we were too late..."

"Yah, that was only because you're all backseat drivers!" Kyungsoo yelled, earning a round of laughter from Minah.

"Ahh, you're all too funny," She giggled. "Anyways, what are you all doing here? I thought you finished promoting 'Overdose'. It's a great song, by the way, it was my ringtone for the longest time."

"Thanks," I said. "'Darling' is a great song, too, you sounded really good."

"Aww, you're too cute," Minah cooed, ruffling my hair (an impressive feat, since I stood a good half a foot taller than her). "Did you come to see Super Junior? I think they went back to their dressing room."

"No, actually, we came to see ou-"

"YAH EVERYONE THERE THEY ARE!"

There were a number of surprised shrieks from the Zenith girls as the rest of EXO barreled towards them, effectively sweeping them off of their feet. Oh, I hope the Zenith TV cameras got that on film, that clip was going to be pure gold. Minah looked positively shell-shocked at the scene unfolding in front of her, so I tried to explain what just happened. "Um, so Zenith just debuted today, so we decided to come down and se-"

"OPPA!"

I stumbled backwards in surprise as Danni launched herself at me, her arms wrapping around my neck. Recovering, I wrapped my arms around her waist and spun her around as she giggled happily. After I put her down, she looked up at me, beaming. "We thought you weren't gonna make it!" She exclaimed.

"Are you kidding? We wouldn't miss our dongsaeng's debut for the world," I laughed, ruffling her hair. "In all seriousness, though, Kyungsoo got lost and almost ran over a dog, so we actually didn't catch your stage..."

"Ahh, typical Kyungsoo," Danni laughed. "Oppa, you're never going to guess what ha- Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Minah-ssi..."

Danni quickly bowed to the elder girl, finally noticing there was a non-SM idol in our midst.

"Hi, Danni," Minah said, a tight, awkward smile on her face. "Well, I better get back to my dressing room. Congratulations, by the way."

"Congratulations?" I said to Danni after Minah had left, frowning. "What is she talking ab-"

"Soso... Have you been... crying?"

The both of us quickly looked over to where Soyu and Jongdae were standing; Jongdae's hands were on her shoulders and he was peering at her face intently.

"N-no..." She stammered, although more tears threatened to spill over. "It's just... We... I..."

"Tell me," Jongdae demanded. "Something's up, Miyoung hasn't said a word, Olivia is sobbing, and it looks like you've been cry-"

"We won."

Everyone turned to stare at Ahkum, not comprehending what she had just said. We were all silent (except for Olivia, who was still sobbing into Baekhyun's chest), unable to process the two words that had come from Ahkum's mouth.

"... Say that one more time." Zitao said, his eyes wide.

"... We won," Ahkum said, a smile growing on her face. "Our MV has over eight million views and we beat out WINNER and Super Junior and SISTAR and... we won."

...

...

"Holy ing ."

 

Olivia's POV

EXO decided to come with us back to the dorm to celebrate, and the Zenith TV cameras followed, documenting our record-breaking win and celebration; Saera and Ahkum cooked up a storm (much to our delight, Ahkum's cooking is god's gift to mankind), we did a couple of karaoke battles with the EXO boys (I hate to admit it, but they totally owned our asses when they did their cover of 'Bubble Pop'. Pure television gold, I swear), and we played a couple of rounds of Super Smash Bros Brawl. After the cameras got packed up and the camera crew went home, the EXO guys busted out a hidden stash of soju they had brought along, which quickly turned into a rousing, drunken game of Truth or Dare. The dares had started out pretty easy (Chanyeol had to kiss Saera on the cheek, Jongin had to play a round shirtless, and Soyu had to down a shotglass of coffee, which we all know she despises), but as we got progressively more tispy, the dares had gotten more... well... 'out there'.

"Truth or Dare, Minnie?" Minseok sang as he took another swig of soju. I swear to god, he was a ing brick wall, he didn't even LOOK tispy.

"Dare." Miyoung said with absolutely no hesitation.

"Ooh, bad move," Minseok said with a wicked grin. "I dare you to... get locked in your room for 15 minutes."

"Pffft, tooooo easy," Miyoung drawled, immediately getting up. She was one of three members who got their own room (Jolie and Ahkum roomed together, and Danni and I roomed together), so getting locked into her room wasn't even that hard of a dare.

"WITH someone of the opposite gender."

"."

"Who's it going to be?" Chanyeol laughed. "Akhum, choose someone."

"Hmmm..." Ahkum said as she tapped her finger to her chin, deep in thought. She was probably one of the only sober people here (other than Soyu and Yixing, who both knew they couldn't hold their alcohol well); everyone else was at LEAST the tiniest bit drunk.

"... Luhan," Ahkum finally said. "You go."

There were various whoops and whistles as Luhan stood up while Saera went to go fetch the room keys, but they simply looked at each other, shrugged, and went down the hallway. Those two were pretty close, from what I remember, so this wasn't really a dare to them at all.

"... Aaaaaalright, Ahkum, can you set a timer?" Saera said as she returned from Miyoung's room, seating herself next to Chanyeol. Ahkum nodded, setting a timer for 15 minutes on her phone.

"So I don't wanna just sit around for 15 minutes... Jolie, Truth or Dare?" Jongdae said, breaking the silence.

"Oh... I don't know, dare." Jolie said, rolling her eyes.

"I dare you to kiss Joonmyun."

"How immature," Jolie said, groaning. Not one to back down from a dare, though, she leaned over and gave him a peck on the lips while the rest of the room whooped in approval.

"Aish, you children," Jolie sighed. "Yixing, Truth or Dare."

"Dare." He said confidently.

"I dare you to... call up Minjun and profess your unyielding love to him."

"Ooh, good one!" Saera cheered as the rest of the room roared with laughter. Yixing's face immediately turned a deep shade of red but he obediently reached for his phone and called up Minjun while the rest of us tried desperately not to laugh or make any noises, so as not to give the joke away.

"Yah, Minjun-hyung? Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm sorry, I know it's late... Um, I just wanted to let you know that I love you. No, I'm not kidding... No, I am most definitely not drunk... Yeah, I know, I did go out with that girl... But I just wanted to let you know. Ok. You're welcome. Bye."

"AHAHAHAHAAAA!!!" Soyu shrieked as the rest of the group burst out laughing, rolling around on the floor with tears, clutching our stomachs. Yixing didn't say a word, his face still a deep shade of red.

"Oh god, that was so perfect," I gasped, wiping away a few stray tears. "Thank you so much for that."

"Someone's getting payback," Yixing grumbled, rubbing his still-burning cheeks. "Ollie, Truth or Dare."

"Dare," I said, smirking. "Give me your worst."

"I dare you take another shot," he said immediately. "And play the rest of the game sitting in Zitao's lap."

Oh.

My.

GOD.

I should not have said that.

"Aish..." I groaned as I buried my face into my hands while everyone else laughed and cheered. I didn't want to be the chicken, though, so I knocked back another shot and climbed into Zitao's lap (rather awkwardly, if I do say so myself). He didn't seem very phased, as he instantly wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder, pulling me into a hug.

"Aww, you two are soooooo cute..." Jongin cooed as the rest of the group let out wolf-whistles and other obnoxious noises.

"Yah, stop laughing," I snapped, leaning forward to flick Baekhyun in the forehead, even though I felt my heart start to pound and my face turn red.

"Aww, she's blushing!" Kyungsoo laughed. Before I could make a snarky comment, Ahkum's phone started to blare 'Everybody' by SHINee, signaling the end of Miyoung's dare.

"Saved by the bell..." I muttered as Danni went to go unlock the door. Zitao, the only one who heard me, laughed lightly and kissed my cheek, sending my heart into another round of rapid beating.

"Guys..." Danni said as she peered into the dark bedroom. "... I think they're dead."

"WHAT?!" We all screamed, clambering to our feet to go inspect the damage. Ahkum, who was still completely sober and the first one to reach the bedroom, peered into the darkness before letting out a sigh of relief. "They're both still breathing," she said. "They must've just passed out."

"Oh, thank goodness," Jolie said as she clutched her chest.

"Yah, maknae!" I shouted as I slapped the back of her head. I must've been pretty drunk, because she actually stumbled over from the force of my blow. Oops. "You gave everyone a heart attack!"

"Sorry!" Danni whined as she rubbed the back of her aching scalp. "It was really hard to tell when they were sleeping like that..."

"Sleeping like what?" Sehun said, raising an eyebrow.

Danni simply motioned to the door. As we peered into the darkness of the room, we all let out a collective 'aww~~!'

Miyoung and Luhan were both passed out on her bed, but Miyoung was curled into Luhan's chest, Luhan's arm draped over her waist. To say that the scene in front of me wasn't cute would be like saying the sky isn't blue or that water isn't wet.

"They have their clothes on, right?" Soyu said cheekily, bouncing around on her toes behind us. She was pretty tall, 167cm, but the EXO boys towered over her, effectively blocking her view.

"Yah, you ert," Saera said, flicking her forehead. "Of course they do."

"Well, I dunno about you guys, but I'm pretty tired," I said with a yawn as I glanced at the clock. 2:03 am. Damn. "I'm gonna go to bed, how are you guys getting home?"

"Um..." Yixing said, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "That's actually a really good question..."

"... You don't have your driver's license, do you."

"Nope. And I'm the only sober one, too."

"Excellent planning, Yixing. Way to go."

"Thanks, I try."

 

 

 

 

 

HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
Rookie group Zenith take home a surprise win with 'First Love' on M! Countdown!
September 5, 2014 @ 11:28 pm
ZurmZdY.png
zdVJmyT.png
by starsung
scrap, share & like
319
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

SM Entertainment's newest girl group Zenith surprised everyone with their unexpected win today on 'M! Countdown'.

SEE ALSO: Zenith make a surprise appearance at 'SMTown Live World Tour IV in Seoul'!

Despite releasing their debut song, 'First Love', a mere week ago, the group has rocketed to the top of the charts, beating out other popular artists such as SISTAR, WINNER, Block B, and even labelmates Red Velvet and Super Junior. Though this is not the first debut single to win first place on a music show - Miss A's 'Bad Girl Good Girl' and Lee Hi's '1, 2, 3, 4' have both won #1 despite being debut singles - 'First Love' is the debut song that has reached the #1 spot the fastest.

The girls will continue promoting 'First Love' on Music Bank later this week. Check out their winning performance up above!

tags
Zenith
SM Entertainment
Debut
M! Countdown
comments
There are 732 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
dance12 · Posted September 5, 2014 @ 11:33 pm
Wow... That was... completely unexpected. Are we witnessing the next SNSD in the making?
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
kohara · Posted December 27, 2013 @ 10:33 am
Wtf? How did this song beat WINNER? Totally confused.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
h111 · Posted December 27, 2013 @ 10:33 am
It's as if SM fans are gravitating towards this group instead of red velvet. I like this concept a million times better, tbh.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
2fa-bh · Posted December 27, 2013 @ 10:33 am
jjang jjang! Zenith is the bomb, they're already like professional kpop stars. Hwaiting!
Reply · Report · Share
 
more