Just Say 'Yes'

Just Another Cinderella Story

 

Kyuhyun dragged his feet out from the classroom with a huge sigh. Surprisingly outside the class was someone who had willingly waited for him.

 

The guy stopped and blinked several times before focusing his attention back to the girl. “S-Seohyun-ssi?” stuttered Kyuhyun with his mouth wide opened.

 

Seohyun bowed her head and avoided eye contact as she gave a slight nod. “I'm really sorry for causing you trouble! I shouldn't have replied...” apologized Seohyun feeling twice as guilty since the punishment goes to Kyuhyun and not her.

 

“It's not your fault, Seohyun-ssi,” assured Kyuhyun with a smile, “Plus I was the one who started it.” Seohyun shook her head in disagreement.

 

“But you got into detention because of it and I did not,” replied Seohyun still feeling bad. Mrs. Kim being the person she is, refuse to listen to Kyuhyun's explanation and decided to give him detention since she taught he's probably cheating.

 

Kyuhyun fixed his glasses before continuing,“It's really fine, Seohyun-ssi.” The girl frowned and looked up, “But you could have just told Mrs. Kim the truth, Kyuhyun-ssi.”

 

Seohyun can't really figure out why she's so upset when in fact the person in front of her had helped her. It's just that she thinks lying for her sake while he's taking all the punishment is simply wrong.

 

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at her, “You're really weird! You could've just said 'thank you'!” Seohyun bit her lips and grew red, “Ah I'm sorry! I-It's just that...”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged it off and put on an assuring smile. “Don't mind too much about it, Seohyun-ssi! Plus, detention wasn't that bad.” Now it's Seohyun's turn to throw him a confusing stare.

 

Immediately the so-called dorky guy faked a cough and tried to change the topic. “Ah Seohyun-ssi, I didn't get to read your answer a while ago!” Seohyun grew panicked in seconds.

 

“It doesn't matter. Just tell me your answer,” urged Kyuhyun with a goofy smile. Seohyun looked around nervously and tried a thinking a few ways to say 'no' nicely.

 

“Come on! It'll be fun! Please just say 'yes'! Take it as a payment for getting me into detention today,” persuaded Kyuhyun.

 

The last statement hit Seohyun's weakest point. She really owe him this time. “Fine, I'll come!” replied Seohyun half-heartedly. At least this way she's free of debts only now she has to figure out a way to be able to attend the party.

 

Thinking back she was reminded of her unnie's bright plan. Maybe it could be of use this time. Seohyun looked up and saw just in time the bright smile on Kyuhyun's face.

 

The girl sighed, “I guess this is it...”

 

***

“Hyuuungg!” called out Kyuhyun who tossed aside his school bag. Donghae dashed out from the kitchen with an apron still on him. “Waeyo?!? What happened?”

 

Kyuhyun smirked seeing his hyung being dolled up especially the pink apron. “Is that Sungmin's?” asked Kyuhyun suddenly distracted. Donghae raised and eyebrow at his dongsaeng.

 

“Yes, I borrowed it since he's out to buy more drinks,” answered Donghae still unsatisfied with his dongsaeng's respond. “So what happened?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and grabbed a chip that was left on the table, “Nothing just that I decided to attend that stupid party.” Donghae's eyes widen in amazement.

 

“Seriously Kyu? Appa would be so happy...” said Donghae proudly. Kyuhyun shot his hyung a smirk, “I'm not attending because of hyungs or father...”

 

This cause the elder one to perk up and so did the other one inside the kitchen who went straight out. “What do you mean, Kyu?” asked Eunhyuk just as curioused as Donghae. “Nothing!” answered Kyuhyun who stood up just in time to get the door.

 

“That must be Sungmin!” claimed Kyuhyun as he kindly open the door for his bestfriend. Sungmin is a close friend of Kyuhyun as well as the other hyungs but overall Sungmin is Kyuhyun's first bestfriend who decided to befriend regardless of status and wealth.

 

Kyuhyun met Sungmin in 6th grade and they have been frineds ever since. Afterall Sungmin doesn't care about Kyuhyun's money instead he takes care of Kyuhyun.

 

The fact that Sungmin also belong to the elite and upper class of the societies made it easier for Kyuhyun to relate to him since both of them are facing the same problems.

 

Finding the right friend.

 

“Kyu, you're back!” claimed Sungmin with a bright smile. Kyuhyun returned the smile and put an arm over his friend. “Sungmin~ah, want to play games?” invited Kyuhyun with his evil smile.

 

Sungmin roll his eyes but agreed to the challenge nevertheless, “Sure, why not?” Kyuhyun rushed up the stairs just in time to dodge his two suspicious hyungs.

 

“Yah Cho Kyuhyun! What were you talking about a while ago?” shouted Eunhyuk ready to chase the dongsaeng for an answer.

 

“Nevermind Hyuk! Kyu's just like that...you know him,” reminded Donghae who decided to head back to the kitchen.

 

Eunhyuk sighed and followed all the while thinking about how weird his dongsaeng has been lately.