Falling for you...

Just Another Cinderella Story

 

Donghae watched Kyuhyun who pretty much look like a zombie now. “Yaa! When are you going to get up and stop playing your stupid games?” yelled Donghae who's tired of seeing his dongsaeng in this state.

 

“Hae, just leave him! You know how he is when he's upset especially when it's about...” Eunhyuk didn't dare finish his sentence and left it hanging like that. Even so, Donghae still understood it clearly.

 

Kyuhyun's upset that he found himself another traitor instead of a friend or at least that's what they thought. But in reality Kyuhyun's more upset than that. He hasn't go to sleep or eat anything in more than 3 days!

 

It's all because of her...

 

Lately, Kyuhyun had the urge to go to school and just meet Seohyun so they can clear things up but as soon as he thought of it, the exact moment a flashback of the past will come to him.

 

Deciding he had enough, Donghae left the room with Eunhyuk behind him. “Kyu, take care of yourself, okay? Come out when you're feeling better!” pleaded Eunhyuk before leaving the maknae alone.

 

Not long after they left the silence was replaced with a knock. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and refused to answer the door until he recognized the voice to be Sungmin's. “Kyu, can I come in?” asked Sungmin sweetly from the other side of the room.

 

“It's not lock!” answered Kyuhyun loud enough. The door slowly cracked open and in come Kyuhyun's best buddy. “Kyu, you look like a mess!” commented Sungmin with mouth wide opened. Kyuhyun shut his eyes and slam his laptop close.

 

“I know! Why are you here anyway?” asked Kyuhyun who dragged his feet towards the bed. “To check up on you! Sorry I couldn't make it earlier! I was still in Japan for a couple of things!” apologized Sungmin from the bottom of his heart. Kyuhyun can feel the true sincere in his voice just like how Seohyun would sound.

 

“Aish! What's with her again?!?” grumbled Kyuhyun who suddenly thought of Seohyun. Sungmin hid his smile and took a seat at the side of the bed. “Kyu, is this about a girl?” wondered Sungmin out loud while peeking towards Kyuhyun's side.

 

Suddenly the stubborn prince bolt up and face his bestfriend. “Ne! And she's driving me crazy! How is this, minnie? Did she cast a spell on me or what? How come I can't get rid of her so easily like the other girls?” whined Kyuhyun.

 

Instead of offering a solution, Sungmin burst into laughters which nearly sent him toppling off the bed. “Kyu, are you telling me you've fallen for her?” asked Sungmin after ending his laughter.

 

The question struck Kyuhyun with horror. Never once did anyone question him that of Seohyun but now another doubt cloud his mind. “You still okay there?” poked Sungmin worriedly. Kyuhyun managed a small nod before shifting his gaze elsewhere.

 

He realized now how he acts around Seohyun, how he's always eager to meet her, but that doens't mean he's falling for her, is it?

 

“Min, what are the signs that you're falling for someone?” asked Kyuhyun while facing his friend again. Sungmin gave a wide smile and stop himself from laughing again. “Well, you're constantly thinking about her. You tend to miss her and always wanting to see her...”

 

“Plus, you're always so happy just to see her around you...” So far from all the things Sungmin had mention, Kyuhyun had made a mental checklist and the answer shocked him like never before. “Yaa! Are you sure what you're saying are even accurate?” snapped Kyuhyun who didn't trust his own buddy.

 

“Of course it is! Wae? Is everything true then?” gasped Sungmin. Kyuhyun shoved Sungmin aside and hid himself under the blanket. “How am I supposed to know?!?” mumbled Kyuhyun while ignoring Sungmin's tease.

 

“Arasso, just think about it! Ah and when you have decided to come out of your shell be sure to see her and clear things up okay? Just follow your heart, Kyu...” advised Sungmin before leaving the room silently.

 

Kyuhyun came out of his hiding position and ruffled his hair. “What's going on? Is this real? I'm f-falling for S-Seohyun?...”

***

Seohyun picked up the dirty laundry and started to separate the clean ones. “Why is it such a mess here?” wondered Seohyun who was indeed shocked when she entered Eunhee's shipwrecked room.

 

She then remembered that she has to speed up since Mun Hee will be home soon and looking for food. The growing boy sure eats a lot.

 

Seohyun then noticed something that is tucked under the bed which was poking out. Slowly, she took it from under the bed and gasp when she saw the old photo album she's been searching for.

 

She thought her step-mother had thrown it away so how could it be in Eunhee's room? Flipping through the pages, Seohyun felt her tears forming. All the memories of her and her dad was kept neatly inside the album.

 

If only she could take it back but she know that Eunhee would be searching for it. Sighing Seohyun placed the book on the bedside table and left it there. Reaching inside her pocket she took out a silver chain that has her initial carved into it.

 

“I miss you appa...” mumbled Seohyun whose mind suddenly recall someone else. “I miss him too, appa...”

 

Seohyun wipe away her tears and silence herself. “Appa, let me meet him again appa! I just want to clear the misunderstanding between us and nothing more. If he hates me now and doesn't want to be friends again I'm fine with that, but please just help me see him again...” begged Seohyun whose tears can no longer be stopped.

 

The whole week she had been waiting for Kyuhyun to appear yet nothing happened. She thought time could take away the guilt in her but nothing's working. All she really wanted to do is to apologize.

 

Seohyun remembered clearly the time when she had been ignored by others and no one wanted to be her friends except Yoona and Key, however, along the way Kyuhyun had appeared and became one who she could laugh along with.

 

But now everything is ruined...

 

“Kyu, please believe me that I lied for a reason and even if it's a stupid reason I have no intention to lie to you...” said Seohyun while staring at the bracelet in her palm.

 

“Also, aren't you lying as well? You act as someone else and hide yourself in that disguise instead of telling me that you're a prince! But why does it feel as if I'm the only one wrong and hurt now?” muttered Seohyun whose feeling is tangled in a knot.

 

Seohyun didn't realize the new mistake she had done. She should have kept in mind that even the walls have ears...

 

Eunhee rest against the door with her arms crossed. “So the prince is in a disguise? Does he go to our school then?” thought Eunhee with a smirk. Soon, her memory traced back to the few times she saw Seohyun with a guy especially the latest encounter.

 

The girl gasped at the sudden realization. It might have been hard to spot out but with more analysis the nerd she was talking was unbelievably the prince himself! Eunhee couldn't be mistaken especially by the eyes that gave his whole disguise away.

 

Seo Joohyun, you're caught in deep trouble!”