In the Midst of Doubts

Just Another Cinderella Story

 

The bell rang and all the students rushed out of their respective classes. Seohyun was among the last to exit the room. “Seohyun-ssi!” called out a familiar voice who caught the girl's attention.

 

Seohyun recognized the voice and was about to avoid him but she failed to do so. Reluctantly, Seohyun turn her body and came face to face with Kyuhyun who is now back with his disguise.

 

“Waeyo, Kyuhyun-ssi?” asked Seohyun as she tilt her head to the side. “I just want to check on you. Are you okay now?” asked Kyuhyun with sincere concern. Seohyun bit her lip and nodded slightly, “Ne, I'm much better now!” As soon as she did that the same feeling of guilt came haunting her.

 

Kyuhyun smiled at her and remembered something, “Ah, I want to return this to Joohyun but I have no idea when I can see her again so here...” replied Kyuhyun as he handed Seohyun the silver bracelet.

 

“Omo! It's my bracelet!” gasped Seohyun. Finally, she was able to find her bracelet which was one of the last gift from her father. “Gomawo Kyuhyun-ssi!” thanked Seohyun with a wide smile. Automatically, the same smile appeared on the youngest prince's face.

 

“Wait, hold on! Did you say it's yours?” asked Kyuhyun with his eyebrow raised. Her statement confused him and it obviously raised his suspicious of her and Joohyun's similarity.

 

“Ah yeah, I lend it to J-Joohyun cause she lost hers! It's supposed to be i-identical,” lied Seohyun as she stuttered all the way. Kyuhyun sighed and let go of his doubts as much as it bothers him.

 

Kyuhyun can sense something's not right with Seohyun yet he can't properly point it out. “Seo, are you really fine?” questioned the brown haired guy. Seohyun parted her lips but her attention was caught by something else.

 

Across the hall was her worst nightmare. Her step-sister stood there silently watching her. After Yoona clarify that the guy she hung out with at the ball was the indeed one of the prince, Seohyun felt as if she was being fooled around all this time but never voice it out to Kyuhyun.

 

If he seriously considered their friendship, he would have been honest but then again he couldn't risk his identity. Moreoever after Seohyun knew about this information she somehow felt intimidated by the thought that Eunhee might recognized Kyuhyun as the prince which worries her.

 

Realizing that prolonging her lies wouldn't solve anything, Seohyun decided to come clean with Kyuhyun especially she couldn't afford falling into the hole she had dug so deep herself.

 

“Kyuhyun-ssi, there's something I have to tell you...”

 

Kyuhyun who's still smiling at her nodded and gestured for her to continue but it was too late. Eunhee had came in between them with a sly smile. “Joohyun-ah, didn't you ptomise me that you'll help me with my homework?” asked Eunhee as she started to grab Seohyun's arm.

 

“What did you call her?!?” snapped Kyuhyun in a loud voice than usual. Kyuhyun felt the sudden same betrayal he had been through several times before. His eyes darted towards Seohyun and all the accusation was clearly stated by his stare.

 

Seohyun's mouth was wide opened and she started to shake her head, “Ani! Wait, Kyuhyun-ssi I can explain!” Kyuhyun threw her a bitter smirk and turned his back as he briskly walk away.

 

Tears sting the girl's eyes as she look back to her step-sister. “Oh what happened between you and the nerd? Ah, I just want to tell you starting from now I'm calling you Joohyun. That's not a problem is it?”

 

Eunhee didn't wait for Seohyun's answer and left just like that. Seohyun choke on her tears as she wipe away the falling tear drops. “What am I going to do? Kyuhyun must hate me now!” thought Seohyun full of regrets.

 

She stared blankly towards the direction he had headed to and bowed her head. “Mianhe Kyuhyun-ssi...”

***

Kyuhyun dumped his bag aside as he threw himself face first on his bed. “Aish! Why her?!? Of all people why Seohyun or...Joohyun? Or whoever she is?” grumbled Kyuhyun as he mess up his hair.

 

A knock on the door stopped Kyuhyun from throwing into tantrums. “Who is it?!?” snapped Kyuhyun furiously. “It's me, Donghae!” replied the other guy with a sluggish tone.

 

Kyuhyun rolled over and unlock the door. “What do you want, hyung?” asked Kyuhyun with his signature frown. “Nothing, just want to find company...” answered Donghae not as cheerful as he is normally.

 

Kyuhyun was too consumed with his own problems that he doesn't care about his hyung current situation. “Go find Eunhyuk!” yelled Kyuhyun as he resumed his previous position on the bed. “He's always disappearing lately! I'm guessing he's cheating on me with another girl!” pouted Donghae.

 

“Hyung, what's up with the cheating stuff?” wondered Kyuhyun out loud with a skeptical look. “Ah, nothing it's just you know something we came up with...” replied Donghae sheepishly.

 

“Whatever hyung! I'm not in the mood right now!” muttered Kyuhyun as he shut his eyes. “Ah, Kyu! Have you found the girl you've been waiting for? That Joo-...” Donghae was cut by the maknae's evil stare and cold look.

 

“You or anyone else are no longer allowed to speak of her, understand?” snapped Kyuhyun irritatedly as he grabbed a pillow and force himself into slumber. “I guess you found yourself another traitor huh?” said Donghae more to himself than to his dongsaeng.

 

Somehow that question annoys Kyuhyun, who's still half awake. As much as he want to force himself to believe in what his hyung had said, he couldn't afford to do so since it doens't make sense anyway.

 

First, she would have to be real smart to figure out he's the prince since the beginning. Second, she's just not the type to easily betray others or at least that's what Kyuhyun thought.

 

“Ah molla! This is so frustrating!” grumbled Kyuhyun while giving up thinking about the certain girl he had grown attached to. “Why did you lie to me and made up all the stories? Did you by any chance spilled to anyone I am a prince by now?” thought Kyuhyun before letting himself drown into slumber and worrying about the state of his secret.