12 o'clock

Just Another Cinderella Story

 

The girl wrapped in the white dress continued to smile as she kept her stare at the prince in front of her. Despite her lack of acknowledgement that he is the prince.

 

“Do you mind if we talk somewhere else?” asked the youngest prince who's irritated by the noise in the room. The girl nodded silently and follow the lead. She had after all came to the party as a promise to him.

 

They went out to the small garden decorated with roses. “It's very peaceful out here...” commented Seohyun as she stood side by side by with Kyuhyun. The guy beside her nodded in agreement.

 

“Seohyu...” started Kyuhyun only to be stopped by a panic Seohyun. “Wait!!” squealed Seohyun while fidgeting on her spot. “I-I'm not Seohyun-ssi...” said the girl in a soft whisper which causes the male beside her to stare in wide eyes.

 

“Bwoh?!? What do you mean you're not her?” questioned Kyuhyun who was sure that the girl beside him was indeed his friend. “Uh-uh that she got a flu so she couldn't attend...” lied Seohyun, “instead she asked me to come in place of her...”

 

Kyuhyun tilted his head in confusion but kept quiet. He studied her for a second and carefully watch her every move. “Well you definitely resemble her,” insisted Kyuhyun not looking away.

 

“I-um well yeah...” stuttered Seohyun, “people used to think we're twins! We're just close friends though.” Kyuhyun was speechless for the second time. Now he's left in doubt whether to trust the girl beside or not. Sure he may be Seohyun's “friend” but still a complete stranger for him to put his trust.

 

“Why didn't you say anything a while ago?” demanded Kyuhyun starting to get irritated by the confusion she's causing. “Seohyun wanted me to pose as her tonight but I guess I'm just not a good actress,” answered the girl with another lie.

 

Kyuhyun sighed but didn't press on the matter any further. He somehow appreciate the fact that Seohyun had asked someone to come in her place but the confusion isn't making it better.

 

The girl, on the other hand, bit her lip in full regret. Seohyun doesn't have an idea why she made up such a story but she didn't want her cover to be blown. Even to Kyuhyun himself and even when it means she disappoints him.

 

“So, what's your name?” asked Kyuhyun looking back at the angelic figure after a moment of silence.

 

“It's Joohyun...” replied the girl biting her lip.

 

***

“Eunhee, is that the 4th prince?” asked one girl with a short hair. The mentioned girl squinted her eyes trying to make out the figure. “You're right! It is him..”

 

“You think we can talk to him?” asked Eunhee expecting a 'yes'. As expected the other girls answered her with a chorus of approval. “Though so...How do I look?” Eunhee started to fix her overly done hair.

 

“Perfect!” shouted one of the girl. Smiling proudly Eunhee made her way out to the garden only to stop and listen to the prince's conversation. “Who the hell is that girl?” thought Eunhee with a scowl as she listen.

 

All throughout her eyes grew wider and wider. “S-Seohyun knows the p-prince?” Not knowing that her step-sister was indeed the one conversing with the charming prince.

 

***

Yoona eyed the dancing people boredly as she was left all alone by her dongsaeng. Good thing they kept on serving drinks and food or else she'll be out of the room by now. The slim girl was about to head to the washroom when she knocked into someone.

 

The sudden crash caused the whole room to fall into silence. The girl find it weird as how such a small accident managed to catched everyone's attention. Only when she looked up did she realized she had bumped into one of the prince. That is due to the uniformed outfit they wore for the night.

 

Yoona gasped loudly and bowed while apologizing over and over. “Hey hey it's alright! I'll just get this clean up...” said the prince with a wink as he left just as quickly as they crashed into one another.

 

Yoona sighed in embarrassment and disappointment. Just a while ago she saw her dongsaeng left with a prince, now when she met with one she was barely able to speak properly.

***

A few steps away Donghae looked back and caught sight of a girl pouting. “She's cute...” thought the prince as he walked away to clean himself up. In the back of his mind, he made a mental note to talk to her again once he has the chance.

 

***

Eunhyuk, the only prince who seem to be lonely for the night was about to run off and head somewhere else when a certain figure caught his eyes. He doesn't recognize her but just by her moves was his attention captured.

 

Slowly he made his way to the dance floor. Keeping his eyes straight on the figure as he did so. “Mind if I join you?” asked the prince without bothering the pair of eyes watching him. The blonde girl threw a smirk, “Only if you're willing to show me your moves.”

 

Eunhyuk take it as a challenge as the blonde girl gave him space. And so he did, the what supposed to be a showcase of his dancing skills soon became a dance battle between him and the blonde girl.

 

“Not bad prince charming...not bad,” stated the girl as they ended their mini dance battle. Eunhyuk was amazed to say the least with the girl standing right in front of him. “You're not bad as well...” complimented Eunhyuk with his gummy smile before a loud voice ended their small talk.

 

The clock strikes twelve and each fairy-tale reveals it tales...