"Let Me Explain"

Just Another Cinderella Story

 

Loud whispers stirred along the tightly occupied hall as students murmered about the new hot issue.

 

It was early in the morning when half of the school's wall was covered with flyers of different colors, yet containing the same information. All it contained was a picture plus a short caption but it managed to captivate everyone's attention, including the authorities.

 

Yoona glanced from side to side as she watched the busy students gossiping and wondered what she had missed. Slowly, she took a flyer from the wall and read it. With a simple glance at it a gasp escaped her lips.

 

“Omo! I have to find Seohyun!” thought Yoona with excitement. However, part of Yoona screamed uneasiness as soon as her eyes met her dongsaeng's who's standing just metres away while tearing flyers from the wall.

 

“Huh? Is Seohyunnie okay?” wondered the puzzled Yoona.

 

***

Fifteen minutes left and the maknae of the Princes would be doomed but it didn't bother him a bit. “Kyu, what takes you so long? Aren't you going to be late?” shouted Donghae from down the stairs.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and grabbed his backpack. It wasn't his fault that he couldn't sleep and end up playing Starcraft all night long. Okay, so maybe it was his fault.

 

The maknae ignored the ticking clock and took his time to get down. “Aish, this kid!” grumbled his hyungs as he appeared in the living room. “Kajja! I'm ready!” ordered Kyuhyun who didn't bother about his breakfast all he wanted was to get to school as soon as possible so he could meet Seohyun.

 

Siwon sighed and grabbed a piece of toast before tossing it to his dongsaeng. “Eat it! You shouldn't attend class with an empty stomach,” instructed Siwon who was sipping on his coffee.

 

Kyuhyun did his famous eye roll and reluctantly munch on his toast before dragging Donghae to drive him to school. “Yaa! Wait for me! I'm coming with you guys!” called out Eunhyuk who took a last sip of his strawberry milk.

 

“Hyung, I'll leave first then,” said Eunhyuk while patting on the eldest's shoulder. “Arasso! Take care you guys!” reminded Siwon as he chuckled while putting down his newspaper.

 

A small ring came from his phone and Siwon picked up to check it.

 

From: Taengoo

Oppa, are you free today? I hope I can see you today :)

 

Siwon smiled and grabbed his car keys while leaving his breakfast unfinish. The eldest prince was about to leave the mansion when a familiar figure stopped him.

 

“Where do you think you're going, my son?”

***

“Thanks hyung for the ride!” said Kyuhyun before heading towards the school's building. Donghae was watching his dongsaeng walk away briskly when he noticed the blue folder on the seat.

 

“Oh Hae, isn't that Kyu's? Did he accidentally left it here?” asked Eunhyuk who saw the folder as well. “Ah ne, you're probably right. Should we return it to him?” replied Donghae thinking the same thing.

 

“Ani! Of course not! What if they spot us! It might as well be dooms day since they'll wonder what we're doing with Kyu! He'll be caught as well...” retorted Eunhyuk smartly. Donghae shut his eyes and realized what a fatal mistake he could have done without Eunhyuk.

 

“You're so smart, Hyukkie! What am I supposed to do without you...” teased Donghae who earned a grin. “True, that's why I prepared a disguise for you...” Donghae narrowed his eyes and wondered what his other half is up to.

 

***

Kyuhyun couldn't help but knit his eyebrows together as soon as he entered the campus. “What's going on?” thought Kyuhyun as he glanced from his side to the group of people in front of him.

 

Suddenly, without any anticipation a group of girls surrounded him like an angry mob.

 

Omo! Are you really the prince?”

 

Kyuhyun oppa, do you mind showing us your true self?”

 

Oppa, I love you!”

 

All the squeals and screams was too much for Kyuhyun to handle that he did a sudden outburst as well. “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?” yelled Kyuhyun who was furious by the time he was freed from the girls.

 

“Who said I'm the prince?” asked Kyuhyun as if he was daring one of them to speak up. Kyuhyun can not think of a single clue of how the whole campus could know he's the prince.

 

Unless...

 

Someone spilled it out...

 

All of the sudden, his vision was focused on the walls that was covered with hundreds of flyers stating the same thing.

 

His face was nearly half of the flyer while underneath his portrait was his name. “Nerd Cho Kyuhyun a.k.a 4th Prince

 

That sent Kyuhyun in rage and his steps became wider as he started to rip off the papers from the wall one by one. Everyone was whispering while watching him peeling off the flyers from the wall.

 

“Is it really him? I mean look at him?” murmured one of the girls as Kyuhyun passed them. On and on the whispers came never endlessly.

 

He was halfway done ripping the flyers when he came stumbling upon another person doing the same thing like him midway. His eyes met Seohyun's yet the only thing it showed was pure disappointment.

 

“Kyuhyun-ssi, I can explain...” called out Seohyun who immediately ran towards him. Kyuhyun shook his head and shoved Seohyun aside while continuing what he was doing earlier.

 

The stack of flyers in Seohyun's arms fell into a puddle of mess as she fell to the ground.

“Omo Seohyunnie! Yaa! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?” yelled Yoona who immediately rush to Seohyun's side to help her.

 

Kyuhyun froze and realized what he had just done. Half of him wanted to help her up yet the other part of him told him not to do so.

 

Somehow the latter won and Kyuhyun ended up tearing off pieces of papers from the wall instead of helping Seohyun. The girl pick herself up and started arranging the papers together again with tears rolling down her cheeks.

 

“Seohyun-ah, are you okay?” asked Yoona as she grabbed the scattered paper from the floor. “Gwenchana unnie! Thank you for your help,” replied Seohyun as she stood up with the newly stacked flyers on one hand.

 

“Nevermind Seo! But, who was that guy? He's so rude! You were trying to say something and he...” burst Yoona with burning fire. Seohyun shook her head sadly, “Aniyo unnie! It's all my fault! This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't because of me...”

 

Seohyun prayed silently and watch Kyuhyun's back disappearing as he walk away without a glance back.