The Four Princes

Just Another Cinderella Story

 

 

Days pass like wind and soon banners were held everywhere for the upcoming party of the school's 25th anniversary.

 

“Seo, are you sure you won't come with me?” asked Yoona for the several time this week. Deep down Seohyun felt like going to the party but knows very well that it is just as impossible as turning her step-mother into a fairy god-mother.

 

“I can't unnie!” replied Seohyun full of disappointment. “That's so not fair! Why do you always have to work or grounded when your sister gets to go to the party!” yelled Yoona with frustration.

 

Soehyun gave a thin smile to her unnie and said nothing more. Her life has always been a repeat of endless miseries. Seohyun used to think otherwise until the time she was confronted by her step-mother as to why her mother died.

 

It's because of her. Her step-mother told her that when Seohyun's mom was pregnant she found out that she would have to risk her own health to keep the baby. In the end, Seohyun's mother chose to keep the baby.

 

Seohyun cried all night long the first time she knew about that fact. The girl can't believe that her own mother would choose to sacrifice her life for her.

 

“Seohyunnie!” called out Yoona who's waving her hand up and down to get the younger one's attention. “Yah~What were you thinking about?”

 

“Ah mianhe unnie!” apologized Seohyun. “It's fine!” assured Yoona with a wave of her hand. “Ah right about the party! I have a genius plan for you!” Yoona said while clapping her hands together.

 

“What is it, unnie?” asked the curious Seohyun as she furrow her brows.

 

***

“Kyu! Are you still playing starcraft at this time?” asked one of his hyung. Kyuhyun didn't bother looking at his hyung and focused on his laptop screen.

 

“Yah~Cho Kyuhyun! I'm talking to you!” yelled Donghae irritated by his dongsaeng. Kyuhyun cursed out loud when he lost the game and shut his laptop forcefully.

 

“Aww don't me mad, Kyu!” assured Donghae who watched his dongsaeng's drastic change of mood.

 

“Oh hyung! You're here!” stated Kyuhyun which annoys Donghae once again. Suddenly all of Kyuhyun's brother appeared in his room.

 

“Kyu, if you would pay more attention to Donghae you would know that he's here since a while ago...” commented Eunhyuk with his gummy smile.

 

Donghae pouted, “He never pays attention to me when it comes to his starcraft!” Eunhyuk hurriedly rushed to his 'twin' and hugged him.

 

“Aish hyung! Mianhe but at least you have Eunhyuk hyung to comfort you,” said Kyuhyun as he sat on the floor.

 

Siwon, who acts as the eldest of them all, still stood by the door. “Yah! Why is it that both of you are always sticking together?” asked Siwon with a sad pout.

 

“Hyung! Not you too!” complained Kyuhyun as he knew what's coming next. Siwon would be upset because he felt left out by the other two and he would start disturbing them.

 

“Why are you the one complaining?” retorted Donghae which cause Kyuhyun to roll his eyes.

 

Sometimes he wonder how the four of them could be nicknamed 'The Prince' when there's barely any prince around. He finds it funny that the people think they know all about them yet they don't know what's going on behind the scenes including the situation now.

 

All of the sudden, Kyuhyun felt left out since all his hyung were talking about something he doesn't know.

That is the business thing. Kyuhyun is the youngest of them and is still attending high school while his hyungs are in university. Most them are already involved with their father's work indirectly or directly.

 

Although none of them are really related to each other and are probably mere strangers at first but right now they seem to be a family. That is because they really are. The grew up as a family.

 

“Kyuhyunnie! Are you upset?” asked Siwon as he scooted over to the youngest one. “Ah ani! I was just thinking!” replied Kyuhyun snapping back to reality.

 

“Oh alright! Ah by the way you have to come to the school's party this time!” said Siwon giving Kyuhyun absolutely no chance to refuse.

 

“Kyu, you know it's one way to show our appreciation to father after all he did for us,” reminded Siwon as he continued pursuing his dongsaeng to attend the upcoming party.

 

“You know if you're afraid anyone would recognize you, you don't have to!” Donghae start to help Siwon out. “It's a masquerade party this time so you really don't have to worry being spotted by your classmates!”

 

“That's not the thing! I just don't like going to parties,” stated Kyuhyun with a frown. The other hyungs sigh at how stubborn the younger one could be.

 

“Fine! We'll just have to drag you along then!” claimed Eunhyuk slyly as he come up with an idea he refuse to reveal at the moment.

 

“I swear hyung you won't outsmart me!” boasted Kyuhyun sure of himself that he won't in any possible way fall into any of his hyung's trap.

 

“Well let's see about that, magnae!” replied the other three in unison. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and dreaded for the plans they have in store for him.

 

Great just great...” muttered Kyuhyun as his hyung started to leave and carry out their so-called genius plans.