Chapter Seven – LET’S HAVE A BIT OF ACTION!

So, What Happens Now?

This chapter is for Kyunine23. Thanks for requesting. 

Sorry for whatever mistakes in character I've put in here, it's NOT one of my easiest chapters to write!

Enjoy!

I heard somebody moving inside my apartment as I opened the door. It’s still pretty dark inside, so who could it be? Burglar? Fangirls?

 

I carefully set down my groceries on the coffee table and took out the pepper spray that Janine gave me from my purse. I’m a 4th degree black belt in judo, but I thought it would be a good idea to be prepared. I got it ready to spray on my left hand as I opened the door. I didn’t bother turning on the lights yet, I have good dark-light vision and I can surprise whoever that was better with the lights off.

 

I heard a shuffling noise towards my left. And I saw someone approaching me in the dark. I utilized my kata throwing techniques and dropped the creepy **^$)_% to the ground. I got my pepper spray ready to fire and actually managed a small burst on the guy’s face before…

 

Heechul: Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!! Noona!!!

 

Me: Aiiiissshhh! CRAP!! Heechul! Oh my…I’m so sorry!!!

 

Heechul: (~ on the floor~) Ahhhhhh….my eyes!!

 

I rushed to the wall to turn on the light, then rushed to the fridge to get a carton of milk, I went back to Heechul, lying on the living room floor and immediately threw the milk on his face.

 

Heechul: (~Immediately getting up, his eyes still closed~) Yah!!! Do you really hate me that much?

 

Me: Hey, Heechul…come here! Let me help you!

 

Heechul: Aishh, what for? You’re gonna assault me again!!!!

 

Me: Don’t be so melodramatic, it was your fault in the first place. Why the heck are you lurking in here? And in the dark, no less! I’m getting a bit paranoid here! Come with me to the kitchen, let’s fix that…(~and I guided him to the kitchen~)

 

Thankfully, Heechul’s eyes were still closed when I sprayed him, so, there was very little damage done, and it was neutralized immediately by the milk. I was actually a bit more worried by any injury he might have suffered when I threw him on the floor.

Heechul: (~His eyes closed while I gently wiped his face with a diluted alcohol solution to remove any remaining pepper spray~) You really have a violent streak in you, Noona. You should learn to control it.

 

Me:  Who? Me? I heard you’ve been beating up your dongsaengs!

 

Heechul: What! (~His eyes got HUGE~) Where did you hear that? It’s not true…oh! I’m VERY sad! (~And he gave a cute pout~)

 

Me: Fans. That’s what they say. Are you telling me they lie?

 

Heechul: No, of course not! I give the younger ones a playful beating now and then…but I don’t throw them on the floor and spray them with pepper spray!

 

Me: (~I think I may have blushed a bit at this point…~) Well, what were you doing in here with the lights off? I thought it was some crazed madman out to attack me or something. Of course, I’ll defend myself.

 

Heechul: I was waiting for you since about a quarter before six. I must’ve fallen asleep.

 

Me: Oh, I left just a little after five thirty. Why?

 

Heechul: Well…Siwon begged me to.

 

Me: And since when have you been giving in to Siwon’s request? Why did he ask you anyway?

 

Heechul: Since he was begging me like crazy. He said you stormed out and he was going to look for you. The guy was practically crying…hmmm….(~He stokes his chin~)…maybe I should’ve held off for some money, what do you think?

 

Me: I don’t know, maybe you should have.

 

Heechul: So..did you two fight?

 

Me: Why would I fight with the high and mighty Choi Siwon? He has God on his side.

 

Heechul: Ahhhh…now THAT is not a very “Noona” thing to say. Spill it! Tell Heechul Oppa every last, juicy detail.

 

Me: Oppa? The nerve, boy! I’m older than you. And what do you know about what’s in my character? We met just this morning.

 

Heechul: Just because I do. You’re a lot like me, I think. Rough on the outside. Possibly hiding a lot of vulnerability within. But the difference is, you care about what people think. I don’t.

 

Me: Wow. Sensitivity?!? I better alert the press about this!

 

Heechul: Ah, women! I just can’t win! I’m trying to be the good guy here. Come on, you owe me for almost blinding me..what’s up with you and Siwon?

 

Me: He accused me of being DongHae’s girlfriend.

Heechul: Well, it’s not like he accused you of murder! DongHae’s a good guy. I mean, I personally think I’m much better, but what’s so bad about being mistaken for his girl?

 

Me: it was the way he said it…like I’m a for being in Hae’s room. I was just taking care of Hae because he was sad, and Siwon acted like we committed some mortal sin.

 

Heechul: And that hurt you because…..(~He was looking at ,me with those big, inquisitive eyes of his~)

 

Me: Because it did! Why do you have so many questions, anyway? Have you finished washing my bedsheets?

 

Heechul: Yes, I have. And I have questions because I know there are interesting answers. I understand you, remember?

 

Me: Just my rotten luck that the person who understands me is you. You can’t keep your mouth shut.

 

Heechul: You’ll be surprised. I can keep important secrets..now, Leeteuk…that’s another matter! Don’t ever tell him anything that you aren’t ready to broadcast on air! Ha ha!

 

Me: You are one BIG revelation, Chul! You can actually make me laugh.

 

Heechul: Getting back to my question…you owe me an answer, even if just because you almost blinded me.

 

Me: You gave me a black eye last night. We’re even. I don’t owe you anything.

 

Heechul: Fine, then, you have to tell me as a friend. You’re new in town, isn’t it nice to have one, at least? (~He held my face in both hands and looked at me with his big, puppy eyes~) I promise to be a true friend and keep all your secrets. I promise to be a shoulder you can cry on, an arm you can punch…just not so hard. And I promise to tell you the truth, always.

 

Me: Why are you being nice to me?

 

Heechul: Because when I look into those eyes, I feel like I’m looking in a big mirror. You’ve been hurt, I think you’re still hurting. And you reacted to Siwon that way because of something. I have an idea of what it is, but I don’t want to guess…tell me instead.

 

Me: I…uh….(~I was looking everywhere but him~)

 

Heechul: You….?

 

Me: I think I like him. That’s a secret. If you tell anyone, you’re dead, Kim Heechul!

 

Heechul: Ah, such lack of trust! I promise not to tell anyone. It’d be good to share a secret with you.

 

Me: really?

 

Heechul: Yes. Now, I gotta go. I’m late for a date and I have to change my clothes, you spilled milk all over it. (~And with a pinch on my cheeks, he headed for the door~)

Me: Heechul?

 

Heechul: Yes?

 

Me: That’s a promise, right.

 

Heechul: From the bottom of my heart..just don’t ask me to swear on a stack of Bibles.

 

Me: You really are funny! And….Heechul?

 

Heechul: (~Turns back, with a feigned look of annoyance~) What? I have a hot date, hurry~

 

Me: Thanks for being my friend.

 

And that was how I found my Seoul-mate.