Chapter Twenty-Two – THE MANILA ESCAPADE I

So, What Happens Now?

 

The flight from Seoul to Manila takes about four hours.

 

For me, it’s a much-needed four hours. The four hours that can save my sanity.

 

The trip was actually for Donghae’s CF shoot. Leeteuk just tagged along because he said he has always wanted to explore the Philippines. This was actually supposed to be a “secret” trip, meaning it will not be publicized, but we are aware that keeping such trips a secret causes a lot of bad feelings among the fans, so, we decided to inform them about it..a few days before we leave.

 

And with that plan, we were able to sneak into Manila and to our hotel with very little fuss.

 

The original plan was the first two days will be free for them to explore, with my guidance, of course. But before I left Seoul, Missy called asking for my urgent help at the office. Apparently, one of the other event planner, Melvin, suddenly resigned with his deadline approaching, and there was nobody qualified to handle the project.

 

We checked into our hotel with very little fuss. It was a discreet establishment with very luxurious rooms designed for privacy and extreme comfort. We were occupying a three-bedroom suite with a common living area.

 

As soon as we settled in, I told them the change of plans.

 

Me: Guys, you might have to go exploring on your own…

 

Leeteuk: What!?!?! Oh, hell no! We can’t! You promised!!

 

Donghae: Come on, Noona! What’s up?

 

Me: Well, I have to go to work, apparently…

 

Leeteuk: I thought WE were the work.

 

Me: Ah, you see, Teukkie, technically, Donghae is the work, you’re the freeloader.

 

Leeteuk: (~Clutching at his chest~) Yeouch, that hut! You have no heart for me at all!

 

Me: Oh, I do, but you don’t need me to be coddling you. Anyway, I’m sure you’ll be fine on your own.

 

Donghae: NO! We will not be fine on our own, you promised to be with me this week.

 

Leeteuk: And we don’t even speak English!

 

Me: I could get you a tour guide…

 

Leeteuk: And ruin the plan to keep things quiet for the next few days?

 

Donghae: No, noona! You can’t back out on your promise. You told me in Seoul that if I behave properly and stop flirting with you, you’ll be with me for the entire trip.

 

Me: Did I say that?

 

Dongahe: Yes! And I’m holding you to it!

 

Me: But I have to go to the office at least for a few hours in the next two days…

 

Donghae: Then, I’m going with you! That’s final. (~He sulks his way into his room~)

 

Leeteuk: Wait…office?

 

Me: Sort of, there’s a project that I have to take over, it’s an event-planning thing, so, it’s mostly phone calls and visit to suppliers and stuff…

 

Leeteuk: Aissshhh!! I didn’t travel all this way for that!

 

Me: I know, I’m really sorry! Wait…let me see if I can find someone to take you around town.

 

Leeteuk: I don’t speak English. Get me a Korean guide.

 

Me: Okay.

 

Leeteuk: One who knows the area well…

 

Me: Sure.

 

Leeteuk: And one who has good taste in music.

 

Me: Huh?

 

Leeteuk: One who likes Super Junior, of course!

 

Me: Oh, okay.

 

Leeteuk: But one who respects my privacy.

 

Me: You’re not very demanding, are you?

 

Leeteuk: (~Smiles his angel/devil smile~) Because I know you can’t find one like that on such short notice.

 

Me: F.Y.I., Park JungSoo, I have one on standby.

 

Leeteuk: You’re bluffing!

 

I picked up my phone and dialled a number I know by heart.

 

Me: Hello, Jorge!!!

 

(Sorry for the short chapter, updates coming up real soon!)