Chapter Thirty-Two – RECONNECT

So, What Happens Now?

 

 

Donghae gave me a powerful tug which upset my balance and I ended up on the floor, half on top of him!

 

Donghae: Ugh! You ate a lot!

 

Me: Aisshh! So did you! Let me up!!

 

Donghae: (~Wrapping his arms and legs around me playfully~) No. It’s fine. Let’s stay here for a while.

 

Me: Stop being a kid, Hae.

 

Donghae: (~Turning serious and pushing the hair back off my forehead~) If I stop being a kid right now, Rain, I start being something else…

 

I was nervously looking at him, at a loss for words, when the door suddenly opened.

 

“What on Earth….???”

 

I got off Donghae so fast that I bumped my knee on the coffee table. We both looked up to see who it was.

 

Donghae: Hyung….

 

Heechul  walked to where Hae was lying on the floor and picked him up by his shirt.

 

Heechul: Don’t “hyung” me, you fool! Do you want to die?

 

Me: What the heck are you doing here, Kim Heechul?

 

Heechul: (~Stands with hands on his waist~) And you’re both treating me like I’m some unwanted mushroom that sprouted on your little garden! I’ve a mind to walk out and leave you two to fend for yourselves!

 

Me:  Stop the primadonna act and explain why you showed up here without any notice.

 

Heechul: How do I notify someone who isn’t answering her phone calls? Why haven’t you called? It’s been a week. And how come we can’t contact you? Where’s your phone?

 

Me: It’s right here. I can’t contact you either. There’s something wrong with my service. And I’ve been so busy these past few days that I haven’t really tried again.

 

Heechul took my phone and punched something.

 

Heechul: You’ve barred all incoming and outgoing international calls, stupid.

 

Me: I didn’t!!

 

Heechul: (~Throws the phone at me~)Look!

 

Me: Honestly..how did that happen?

 

I noticed Donghae squirming uncomfortably in his seat.

 

Me: Hae….did you?

 

Donghae: What?!? I just wanted you to concentrate on your work…

 

Me: Aisssh! Hae!

 

Heechul: (~Slaps Hae on the back of the head~) Stupid fish! Do you know the trouble you’ve caused?

 

Me: Stop it! We’ll deal with that later. What are you doing here anyway? Didn’t Leeteuk tell you we’ll be back tomorrow?

 

Heechul: That man…the one time he’s supposed to be mouthing his head off, he goes silent on us! All he said was you decided to extend your stay.

 

Me: Still, you didn’t have to come.

 

Heechul: Trust me, I didn’t want to. But I had to. Our lives are being turned upside down by Mr. Temperamental. I even took Kyuhun and Eunhyuk for support.

 

Me: Huh? Where are they?

 

Heechul: I just created some delay at the airport, I knew I had to arrive here first to set things up. They’ll be here any moment. Better get your story straight.

 

Donghae: What are you talking about?

 

I’m afraid I have an idea. But before I can say anything, we heard the door open. I slowly turned to face the door.

 

Here we go again.

 

 

Sorry for the short update! Will post another one as soon as it's done! 

Comments? Requests?