Chapter Twenty-Five – CRUSH ON YOU

So, What Happens Now?

 

 

As soon as they catch a glimpse of Donghae and Leeteuk, the two fangirls lived up to their title and pounced! The two members, being trapped in the hallway had no choice but to withstand the assault. To give them credit, Janine and Ruth are not violent or physically abusive in their fangirling. Mostly it was hugs and screams.

 

A LOT OF SCREAMS.

 

 

The one thing Jorge cannot tolerate.

 

Jorge: (~Sways a bit~) Oh, no…

 

Then he faints. Thankfully, Leeteuk is fast on his feet. He pushes Janine gently aside and tries to catch Jorge. The problem is, Jorge is a fairly hefty guy (A/N: think Kang-In, I suppose) and Leeteuk ended up being crushed under his weight!

 

Janine: (~Panics~) Oh, no!!! Leeteuk Oppa!!! (~Rushes to try and rescue Leeteuk~)

 

Ruth and Donghae looked shocked and simply stood to one side.

 

I stooped down to try and help them. I grabbed Jorge by the shoulder and tried to lift him…why does he seem heavier than usual?

 

Me:  (~Leaning close to Jorge’s ear~) Oppa?

 

Jorge: (~No response~)

 

Me: (~Whispering in Filipino so Leeteuk won’t understand~) If you’re faking this, I swear I’m going to be the one to put you down!

 

Jorge starts moving a bit. I looked at Leeteuk, who is trapped underneath Jorge. He has a pained look on his face, but he seems fine.

 

Me: (~Looking at Donghae~) Hae, I need your help here. Grab Jorge’s feet. Janine, pull Teukkie out as soon as we lift Oppa up. Ruth, help her.

 

After so much fuss, we managed to take Jorge to the living room couch. Dianna unnie was concerned and wanted to rush him to the hospital, but I figured he’s okay. Jorge rarely faints these days, unlike when we were kids and he was anaemic. These days he mostly uses the “fainting episodes” to get his own way, but we all love him so much we let him get away with it.

 

Me: Are you okay, Teukkie?

 

Leeteuk: (~Gingerly massaging his shoulders, Janine was looking at him as if she has just seen an angel~) Yeah, darn, he’s a heavy guy! Why did he faint? Is he okay?

 

Me: Yes, he’s fine. Janine, Ruth, please stop staring at our guests and get me a glass of ice water.

 

Janine: (~Still staring~) Hmmmm….

 

Ruth: (~Unmoving beside Donghae, who is sitting at the very edge of the couch~) Huh?

 

Me: (~In Filipino again~) Do it now or you don’t get the autographed CDs I brought, they even wrote your names on it…all ten of them!

 

Janine: (~Scrambling to her feet~) Yes, I said I’m on my way, so impatient, onni, we both know Jorge Oppa is acting…

 

Me: yes, but still, you’re freaking these two out. Chill, ladies, you’ll have your time with them.

 

Ruth: Really?

 

Me: Yeah. One condition though. No friends allowed. I have a job to do here. I can’t have them mobbed by fans. Deal?

 

Janine & Ruth: Of course!

 

Janine hands me the glass of water and I carefully approach Jorge. I sat down and put his head on my lap. Donghae sees this and quickly sits down beside me, Leaving Leeteuk alone with Ruth and Janine on the other couch.

 

Me: (~Leaning very close to Jorge and touching his face with the side of the glass, whispering in Filipino~) Jorge, Oppa, enough, huh?

 

Donghae: (~Leaning closer too~) What are you saying to him? Do you have to sit this close? It’s bugging me…

 

Me: (~Having enough of Donghae’s “mother hen” act…isn’t that supposed to be Leeteuk’s role? I straightened up and said, almost shouting~) So, what do you want me to do? Shout at the guy? He just lost consciousness! (~And my movements caused the glass of ice water to tip into Jorge’s face~)

 

Jorge: (~Quickly standing up~) Aigooo!!! You’re so cruel!

 

Me: Oh! Sorry! It was completely unintentional! Are you okay now?

 

Jorge: (~Wiping at his face~) I am, except I just lost my dignity. Let me clean up before you introduce me properly. (~And he walks to the powder room~)

 

Janine: You lost that when you “fainted”, Oppa!

 

And we were all laughing our hearts out.

 

During lunch, which consisted of a virtual feast prepared by one of the best cooks I’ve ever known, Dianna unnie, we had, among other things, the famous sinigang, kare-kare and lechon kawali.

 

Jorge: So, Noona, you were saying something about sparing a couple of days…?

 

Me: Oh, no, it’s okay, Oppa…Janine and Ruth can handle it.

 

Jorge: No! I mean, I just remembered that I have a couple of sick days coming up, I can use it now, and isn’t that what friends are for, anyway? So, yeah, I can do it.

 

Me: (~Trying my best to hide a smile, I knew that he’ll say that exact line~) Oh, okay. But you’ll take Ruth and Janine with you.

 

Jorge: Do I have to? (~Looks at Janine and Ruth, who seem ready to attack him with their forks~) Okay, fine! Just joking, chinggus! (~He then looks at the two boys~) So, where do you want to go?

 

Leeteuk: Shopping!!!!

 

Donghae: I’m not coming with you.

 

Ruth: What?!!

 

Donghae: I’m staying with Noona, we have a deal.

 

Me: Aisshh…Donghae, why don’t you at least go with them for a bit?

 

Donghae: (~Stubborn~) No.

 

Me: Darn! Sorry, Ruthie! I promise I’ll make it up to you.

 

Ruth: It’s okay, onni, at least I met him. And we’re spending time with Leeteuk Oppa, too!

 

Dianna: ladies, make sure you behave yourselves. Especially you, Jorge!

 

Jorge: Aisshh, unnie, when have I ever misbehaved?

 

Janine, Ruth, Dianna and I: ALL THE TIME!!!!

 

After lunch, we spent some time catching up, but I still had no opportunity to talk privately with Dianna unnie. I promised her that I’ll drop by one evening, because I really need her perspective on Siwon.

 

As we were leaving, with plans for the next two days neatly ironed out, my phone rang.

 

Heechul: (~Sounding worried~) Rain? How are you doing?

 

Me: (~Surprised to get a call from him~) I’m fine. You? Why did you call?

 

Heechul: Well, I know I promised to keep him out of your hair for a week, but I’m truly, truly worried about Siwon!

 

Oh, no! What now?