Chapter Thirteen – BACK TO WORK

So, What Happens Now?

 

 

You’d think that after an encounter like that, I wouldn’t be able to sleep, right?

 

Wrong. I slept like a log…overslept even.

 

Which is why I woke up at nine to what sounded like an argument at my living room, wondering if last night was just a dream. I hurriedly got dressed and popped out into the living room to see Leeteuk and Heechul sitting on my couch while Siwon was standing near the door with Ryeowook, who seem to be pulling at his arm. Donghae was at the kitchen counter with Eunhyuk, who was eating a bowl of cereal.

 

Me: What? You guys live here now?

 

Eunhyuk: (~Speaking with his mouth half-full~) Ah, Noona! Good morning! We thought you were sleeping.

 

Me: I was until I heard what sounded like a football rally in here. What’s going on? Why didn’t anybody wake me up?

 

Leeteuk: (~leaning back comfortably~) I was going to, until somebody (~looking pointedly at Siwon~) went ballistic on me. What the hell is happening here anyway? I’m still the leader, you know. That kid looked like he was about to tear me in half when I tried to go into your room.

 

I looked at Siwon, who seemed to be blushing…oh, geez…you mean last night wasn’t a dream after all?

 

Siwon: (~jutting out his chin~) It’s not right to go into a lady’s bedroom uninvited, hyung!

 

Heechul: (~Laughing like a hyena~) Oh, you mean it’s okay if you were invited? So, Noona…has anybody been invited yet?

 

Me: (~throwing a pillow at Heechul~) Oh, stop your bull, Kim Heechul! You all went in! Uninvited too! Enough of that crap..i hope you guys aren’t arguing over such nonsense. Hyukjae…are you eating my cereal?

 

Eunhyuk: Uh-huh. Yummy!

 

Me: Aissshh…I’ve been warned against you! Pour me a cup of coffee, will you? The rest of you, settle down. If we’re gonna be arguing today, we might as well argue over something productive, the next show’s concept.

 

And with that, everybody settled down a bit, except Donghae, who hasn’t said a word yet, but who seems to be watching everything with a half-smile.

 

Me: (~Sitting beside him on the counter~) Wow, a silent Lee Donghae. How refreshing.

 

Donghae: (~Giving me a sweet smile~) I’m hoping that my silence is the key to being the one invited to your room. After all, I did invite you to mine.

 

Me: Oh, my! The flirt is back!

 

Donghae: (~Leaning closer and whispering in my ear~) He never left, just took a short break.

 

Siwon: (~Sitting on the table on my other side~) Donghae, your phone is ringing! Aren’t you gonna answer? Hey, Rain, I hope you slept well.

 

Me: (~scooting away from him a bit…darn, he’s too close. The others’ll notice. I see Heechul casting me a curious glance already!) Uh, yeah. Like a log. I even had a really weird dream. How about you?

 

Siwon: (~Flicking a tiny lint off my shoulder~) I hardly slept at all…but I did have a wonderful dream..about a present I gave to a beautiful lady.

 

Me: (~okay, I’m really, really uncomfortable now! Why is he touching me?~) ah, cool for you. (~ I stood up and went back to the living room~) Okay, people..any ideas you want to share?

 

And so, that was how most of the day went. We discussed future concepts and the upcoming schedules. Both Donghae and Leeteuk will be coming with me to Manila next week, the rest have full individual schedules, too.

 

Siwon kept sticking close to me, which made me uncomfortable. During lunch, he stayed by my side and was very attentive. I thought Heechul’s eyebrows would be permanently glued to the top of his head.

 

Donghae remained mostly silent, but he also kept himself near me.

 

We finished the meeting in the late afternoon, and everybody got ready to leave. Siwon asked if he could use my phone, so, he was left behind.

 

As soon as the door closed behind Leeteuk, Siwon put the phone down.

 

Siwon: I have to ask you something.

 

Me: Shoot.

 

Siwon: Did I do anything wrong last night?

 

Me: (~Surprised that he’ll be that direct~) What do you mean?

 

Siwon: (~Pulling up a beanbag chair and sitting right in front of me~) I mean, you’re treating me so coldly today. What have I done wrong? Should I have insisted that I stay?

 

Me: No! I’m just….

 

Siwon: Uncomfortable about letting them know that we’re dating?

 

Me: We’re not dating.

 

Siwon: So, what are we then? Making out? Having ?

ME; We’re not…

 

Siwon: Oh, but we almost did. Trust me, you were the sane one last night. I would’ve faltered.

 

Me: All the more reason for this not to happen again.

 

Siwon: No!! I’m not letting you go!

 

Me: It’s not gonna work, okay?

 

Siwon: (~holding my face between his hands~) Will you trust me? It will. If you don’t want them to know yet, we can keep it a secret for a bit, but please, don’t ask me to stop…I don’t think I can anymore.

 

And then he kissed me…and all my objections melted into nothing.

 

Me: (~gasping for air~) Aisshhh..why do you keep doing this to me?

 

Siwon: (~Leaning his head on my shoulder and nibbling at the skin above my collarbone~) Because you do it to me, too. It’s destiny, I think.

 

Me: I still think it’s lus….

 

Siwon: (~Putting a finger against my lips~) Shhh..I don’t want to hear that word. It’s part of it, but there’s more going on here than mere physical attraction.

 

Me: (~Distractedly nibbling at the finger against my lips~) Hmmm…

 

Siwon: (~Looking at me seriously~) Rain….

 

Me: (~Still distracted, now kissing his palm~) Hmmmm…

 

Siwon: I think I’m ready to stay.