Chapter Eleven – WHAT THE!?!?!

So, What Happens Now?

 

Oh, my!!!! Why is he leaning so close to me?

 

Siwon has this dreamy look in his eyes as he braced himself against the doorjamb and continued to lean closer and closer….and closer….

 

“Hey! You both! Where have you been all day?” We quickly broke apart and turned to see Leeteuk, Sungmin and Yesung getting off the elevator.

 

Siwon: (~Speaking Korean again. His face red as an apple~) Ah…out, hyung. Why?

 

Leeteuk: We were supposed to have a practice this afternoon. You weren’t answering your phone. And you, noona. I couldn’t find you either.

 

Me: I was out. I haven’t picked up my Korean phone yet. I’m still using my Philippine phone number, sorry.

 

Leeteuk: Nah, it’s fine. We just decided to practice because Yesung here keeps messing the steps, and Siwon could certainly use more practice, too. (~Whispers on my ear~) He’s not exactly our best dancer.

 

Siwon: Hey! I heard that!

 

Leeteuk: Well, it’s true! But don’t worry, nobody’s complaining.

 

Sungmin: Yeah, just take your shirt off and everything’s fine.

 

Yesung: I wish I have abs like that so nobody’ll complain, I mean, so I miss a step every now and then, I sing well!

 

Me: Really well, Yesung. I love your voice. But Sungmin’s smile is my favorite.

 

Sungmin: (~Turning on the aegyo full blast~) Really? Thanks, noona! You have a great smile, too!

 

Yesung: Thanks! Still..those abs….

 

Siwon: (~Blushing again, and bunching his sweater over his abs~) Stop going on and on about my abs! I’m NOT removing my shirt at the next show.

 

Leeteuk: (~looking at me with panic~) What? Can he do that? That’s gonna hurt our image, right?

 

Me: Of course he can refuse if he wants to, and I doubt if it’s gonna hurt your image, I mean, fans love you guys not because you have great abs, it’s the overall package. Why don’t we figure out the concept for the next upcoming shows tomorrow? Somebody else can reveal his abs if he wants. Yesung?

 

Yesung: Aishh, no, I’m not ready. I’ll just practice my dance steps.

 

Sungmin: You’re funny, noona! Asking Yesung to reveal his body.

 

Leeteuk: Okay. We better go in, then..I’m all sweaty…isn’t it y? (~He gives me a teasing wink~)

 

Me: (~Raising an eyebrow at him~) Oh, sure it is. Sweat..now THAT’s a turn on! (~My voice was dripping with sarcasm~)

 

Leeteuk: Wow, you really are an AB! See yah! Siwon, aren’t you coming?

 

Siwon: What? Oh, yeah. See you later, Rain.

 

Me: Oh, okay. See you.

 

Leeteuk: Hey! Why don’t you call her Noona? You disrespectful brat! (~He actually had to jump a bit to playfully smack Siwon on the head~)

 

Siwon: Aisshh, hyung! She said it was okay!

 

Leeteuk: Get inside! Nyt, Noona!

 

Me: Nyt, Teukkie! Tuck the little ones in!

 

Leeteuk: It’s too early for bed and they’re hardly little, some are bigger than I am!

 

Me: True!  Take a shower, sweat boy! Nyt!

 

And I finally went inside my apartment.

 

Darn!!! That was CLOSE!!! Was he really gonna kiss me? I was leaning against the door, my heart pumping like crazy at the thought. I was thinking of all the complications of being in a relationship with Siwon…the danger of losing my job, the danger of him losing his job…all the twisted, tangled complications of my life and the even more twisted complications that can happen if my life tangled with his…AAAAARRRGGHHH! What do I do?

The phone rang, and I realized it was almost seven. It must be Manila calling.

 

Me: Hello, Rain Jang here.

 

Elly: Hi, Rain, Elly here. Did you get my email?

 

Me: Ah, I’m just reading it now, sorry Elly, I was out all day.

 

Elly: No, it’s fine. SME sent us your work assignment for next week. Apparently, you’ll be back in Manila to accompany one of the guys on a CF shoot.

 

I was rapidly scanning the email…..there it is!

 

Me: Ah, DongHae for his digicam CF, right?

 

Elly: Yeah! So, that means we’ll see you sooner after all.

 

Me: Yeah, it says here we’ll be there for six days, some out of town scenes, etc. But I’m sure I can drop by the office.

 

We finished the call after finalizing a few more details and promised to touch base before DongHae and I leave for Manila on Monday. I had a light dinner and decided to take a shower and catch up on my favorite KDramas.

 

I was deep in the complicated world of gumihos and action stars when my doorbell rang. Who could it be? It’s already ten PM. But knowing that the floor is secure, it’s probably one of the guys wanting to know something or another.

 

Checking to see if I’m decent enough..I am, I’m wearing a really large shirt and boxer shorts, with Winnie The Pooh socks…I opened to door to see Siwon standing uneasily on the other side.

 

Me: Yeah?

 

Siwon: Hi…I…uh….

 

Me: What is it, Siwon? Is something wrong?

 

Siwon: (~First looking behind his shoulder~) Can I come in for a bit?

 

Me: Sure, what is it? Is there a problem? (~I ask as soon as he entered. I took a couple of steps back but didn’t go to the living room, not wanting him to stay long~)

 

Siwon: (~Closing the door behind me and taking a step closer~) It was about this afternoon…before…before, ah, Leeteuk hyung arrived.

 

Me: (~Okay, so, this is embarrassing!~) Oh, that! Don’t worry about it! It’s nothing,really!

Siwon: (~Looking puzzled~) It is?

 

Me: Uh-huh. I’m sure we were both just tired and we had too much fun today. Thanks, by the way. I had my best “Welcome to Seoul” gift from you.

 

Siwon: (~Taking a deep breath~) Okay…well, I forgot to give you something because Leeteuk hyung arrived so suddenly. Why don’t I just give it to you quickly, then I’ll go?

 

Me: Oh, you already gave me too much!

 

Siwon: But I insist.

 

Me: Then, shoot. Hand it over.

 

Siwon: (~Stepping even closer~) Here it is….

 

 

Then he gently pushed me against the wall and gave me a kiss that rocked my entire world.

 

 

There you go! Most of you will probably reading this on Monday...have a great week, Chingus! Thanks for the support. Keep those comments and requests coming!