Chapter 9: The Monday Couple View

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

The night is beautiful. The sky is clear and the wind sings as it brushes itself through the trees. The car continued to purr into the night so quietly leaving no trail of us passing by.

The windows were rolled down and I stared through the dark woods allowing the cool breeze to touch my face. It felt really good.

"Oppa, where are we actually going? There's nothing here but the woods, are you taking me to see trees this late at night? It's not romantic at all." I pouted.

"Hahaha of course not why would you think that?"

"Hmm, just a thought. Or maybe your planning to kill me and throw my body here." I continued to joke around.

"Yah Ji hyo, I think you've been watching way too much horror movies. Are you listening to what you're saying? But you know, if I was trying to kill you, I would have done that months ago."

I gasped."Yah how dare you try to kill me Kang Gary!" I said but then I started to laugh and he followed along.

"Ji hyo we're almost there." He said.

I looked straight through the windshield and the trees were starting to get fewer. At the end of the road there were lights shining from below.

I anxiously anticipated what was ahead. I kept silent and so did Gary. The car slowly stopped at the end of the road.

We were on a cliff over looking the beautiful city of seoul. 

While I was still amazed with the place, Gary stopped the engine and quickly got out of the car. He ran towards my door and opened it.

I smiled because of his sweet gesture.

"Oppa, you really don't need to do these things to me." I said as I was getting off the car.

He slammed the car door and responded, "But I want to do it."

"If you keep doing this, I'll get used to it and would want to ask for more." I said teasingly.

"Well that's not a bad thing isn't it?" he answered back as he held out his hand.

I stared at his hand for a while. "Promise me first that you won't baby me so much oppa." I said to him. 

I was trying to be careful. If I get too attached again then I'll surely regret it if later we would part ways. I knew my heart is still in healing; the pain was still there. 

What's the rush right? 

He looked at me and then gave me a smile.

"I can't whole heartedly promise that Ji hyo but I'll try my best."

I guess I could live with that. He would try, he was willing to try and that's what's important.

I smiled at him and slipped my hand into his. It just fit perfectly and I was absolutely happy.

He led me forward towards the view of the city. 

"Wahh!! It's so beautiful oppa! Look the lights are so amazing!! Wow!" 

"Yes, it really is a beautiful view." he said but I felt that his eyes were on me. I looked at him and confirmed that he was staring at me, grinning. 

"Yah oppa look ahead, if you keep staring at me I'll melt." 

He just laughed and we continued to go nearer to the end of the cliff. As I was admiring the view I felt my hand get tugged back.

"Oppa? What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"Ji hyo let's stay here and enjoy the view, it's dangerous if you go any further."

I gave out a laugh. "Oppa are you scared? Come on, I'm sure we won't fall okay?" I said as I pulled him forward. But he pulled me back.

"Gary-ah don't worry I'll protect you." I said brightly.

"Yah, that doesn't sound right. I should be the one protecting you." 

I gave out a laugh again. I was able to make him move forward but it wasn't really that far about five steps only. Gary looked really hilarious but cute whenever he got scared.

We sat down on the grass where we stopped.

"Ji hyo-ah stop laughing. It really isn't that funny."

I giggled a little. "I'm sorry Gary it's just that I still don't get why your afraid of heights. Even Jae suk and Suk Jin oppa are scared too." 

"Well I don't get why you aren't afraid of heights. You're really brave aren't you?"

"Hmm, I guess I am." I smiled.

"Oppa this place is really beautiful how did you find out about here?" I asked as I rested my head on Gary's right shoulder.

"Actually I found this place by accident. There was this time when I went for a drive because it was so stuffy in my studio to write any lyrics. When I saw that the view here was amazing and that no one was coming here, I then decided to come here more often. Whenever I feel sad, lonely or just wanted to be alone, I immediately come here and start to write lyrics for leesang." He then paused a little. 

"I.." he said but became hesitant. "I also come here to think about you Ji hyo-ah and do you know that some of the songs I wrote is about you?"

"Me?" I asked as I faced him. "You wrote songs about me?"

"Why are you so shocked?"

"Ahm well it's just that I didn't know." I said as I turned my gaze to my shoes. "Can I ask what are the songs that wrote about me?" I asked still not looking at him. He didn't say anything and so I looked at him.

"What? You're not going to tell me?" 

Still no answer from him. I suddenly remembered the rap Gary made me during the earlier episode of RM.

"Hey Gary, do you still remember the rap you made me as challenge on RM? We were on a train that time."

He slowly smiled and said, "Ofcourse I remember it, it was the first rap I've made for you."

I felt my cheeks were turning red again. "uhm, can I ask a favor oppa?"

"Yes, of course. Anything for you Ji hyo."

"Will you sing that rap again?" 

"You mean the Ji hyo blues?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, I'll sing it again but can you close your eyes like you did before?"

I didn't answer him but I immediately closed my eyes and excitingly waited for him to start.

"Alright are you ready?" he asked. And I nodded my head rapidly.

"Ji hyo blues" As I heard the title, my heart beat started to accelerate.

"My life, that will love no matter how tiring it is 

Just like a discarded umbrella I keep

The lyrics beats that worm into my heart 

A rap confession that touches our hearts

Not stopping my footsteps Beautiful Ji hyo

The lyrics that Hip hop man Gary composed for Ji hyo

In this mountain, only one person's love notes resonates"

I kept smiling as I listened to every word he said them slowly. This time, he replaced the subway to mountain. Even if the rap was done I still kept my eyes closed just feeling the mood.

Suddenly, Gary said "Sarangaeyo Ji hyo" and kissed my left cheek.

I quickly opened my eyes with shock. My heart was beating like crazy. "Yah! Kang Gary!" I yelled as I touched my cheek with my hand. Instantly I remembered the time when also kissed my cheek on one of the episode of RM.

Gary just stared at me grinning like crazy. "Yah, Gary how dare you steal kisses from me!" I continued to scold him.

He just laughed at me while I was glaring at him. 

"Now I've kissed both of your cheeks, do you know what's left?" His gaze went down to my lips.

I gasped. I instantly covered my mouth with my hands and curled my lips inward. My eyes widened. Why is this man doing this to me? My chest started to get tight and my heart felt like it was going to explode. If this goes on I think I'm going to experience a heart failure.

Gary just laughed. "It's alright I won't steal that kiss from you tonight. I'll have to make sure first that you'll kiss me back." 

By the time he finished talking my whole body was heating up. "Yah Kang Gary!" I yelled as I slapped his arm. 

He just continued to laugh his head off. I just stared at him and pouted.

After he was finally done he asked me, "Ji hyo can I take you home tonight?"

"Home?" 

Oh God! My manager! What time is it alreay? I grabbed my phone and checked. It was quarter to ten! How did it get so late? I was supposed to meet my manager tonight. 

Wait, I was supposed to ask unnie about the conversation they had with Gary. I stared at Gary's face. Should I just ask him instead? 

"Umm, oppa. Can I ask something?"

"Yes, anything."

"Oppa I heard from my manager that you both talked, right?"

"We talked?" he sounded like he didn't know.

"Yah, don't lie to me. I'm sure you've talked. So tell me what you've talked about. I'm just so curious already because unnie won't tell it to me."

Gary laughed. "Hmm I don't think I should be the one telling you that Ji hyo."

"Aishh, what are you two hiding about?"

"Do you think that we were talking about you?"

"Well I don't either. But if it's not about me why can't you just spit it out already."

Gary made another laugh. "Oppa, stop laughing." I said and looked at him seriously.

"I'm sorry Ji hyo. Please don't get mad. But I really think it's not for me say." 

I didn't say anything and just glared at him.

"Okay, to make it up to you, do you want me to take you to your manager's house right now?"

I was surprised by the offer and it was reasonable. I looked at time again and Gary did the same.

"Oh but I think it's already too late now." He said still looking at his watch.

"No oppa! I think it's okay. Unnie always sleeps late every night."

"But then how will you get home?" he asked worriedly.

"Don't worry I'll sleep at her house tonight." Yes, I sometimes sleep at my manager's house since she lives alone.

I reassured him that it would be okay and with that we went back to the car. 

"Wahh, the view here is absolutely beautiful. Promise oppa that you'll bring me back here again." I said.

"Of course, this is our special place now, I'll call it the Monday Couple view."

"The monday couple view? It sounds weird oppa."

"Is it? I don't think it's weird."

"Fine I'll let you name it since you found this place." I said and he just laughed back.

We arrived at my manager's house about forty minutes after. I actually fell asleep in the car while Gary was driving.

"Ji hyo-ah wake up. We're here." He said to me.

I woke up and looked outside to see the familiar building where my manager lived. I was extremely sleepy already but I needed to stay awake. I slapped my face with both my hands. The pain slowly made my eyes awake.

Okay, unnie be ready. Song Ji Hyo is here. You can't get away from me this time.