Chapter 22: God, what am I going to do?!

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Song Ji hyo's POV

"What do you mean by that?" He looked straight at me with sharp eyes of confusion.

No words came out and all I could do was stand still in front of him, shoulders slumped and eyes swiftly dropping to the floor.

He approached me and placed his hands on my shoulders, gently squeezing them.

"Ji hyo.." he said my name as soft as it can be, making it difficult for me not to resist into looking up to his eyes but I pulled myself together and held still. I sighed deeply as I continued to focus my gaze on the brand new shoes that Gary bought me a few days ago.

"I said I'm planning to leave my agency." I breathed out when courage came over me again.
"Why?" He asked with a voice that I wasn't familiar of. It sounded different; more like sadness compared to curiosity.

I stiffened from his question. I my lips feeling how dry it was and curled it in my mouth. Another sigh escaped my mouth and I pushed away his hold on me. Still without looking at him, I turned away and walked towards the TV in the living room. With the TV off, I could see his reflection and that he was just standing on the same spot. He didn't move and was now just staring behind me.

"What do you mean, why?" I said as I crossed my arms.

There was a short pause and then he moved closer to me again. I could feel his presence just inches away from me. He gently touched my right shoulder and spun me around making me face him again.

I still didn't have the courage to look at him and so I focused on the print of his shirt that said "YOLO!"
His finger went under my chin and pulled my face up. Instantly our eyes met. Gary's eyes were sad as it can be. And then his other hand went to my cheek catching a tear.

Was I crying? My hands went to my eyes and felt the wetness in them. Why was I crying? I wasn't sure of it myself too; I just tried to wipe the tears as fast as I could.

"Ji hyo-ah, please don't cry. You know that it breaks my heart to see your beautiful face tainted with sadness."

"I'm sorry." I blurted out.

"For what?" He replied.

"I don't know." I answered him back.

"When did start thinking about leaving CJes?" He continued to ask.

"Months ago?"

"Oh.." He said a little bit surprised. He stared at me, probably waiting for me to go on. When I didn't he ask, "Can you tell me the reason why?"

I bit my lower lip and thought of words that could explain everything at one go.

"I just feel that I am being too controlled by my company. I want to be able to move on my own and do things that I want now and not because I am being told to do so."
Gary's eyebrow raised. "Is that the only reason?"

Of course, he understands me. He knew that there was more.

"I, well.. Okay. This may sound selfish, irrational, childish or anything near to that but it's just that I want move freely with.." I hesistated a little as I bit my lip. "I want to move freely with you. Don't you feel suffocated?"

I waited for his answer but I gained nothing. "Not even a little?" I pushed him but still, silence.

I moved towards the couch and pushed myself on to it, raising my legs up so that I could hug them.

"Oppa, I sometimes think that time flies very fast. It's almost 15 years seen my debut as an actress but that length of time seems just like a few years back. I know that this is what I want; acting, modeling, working with Running Man, everything is my life. But I can't help myself in thinking if I am really living a life for myself. It's just so routinary these days, I wake up go to filming/shooting and then I come back home tired as hell. Did I tell you, I get tired easily these days?"

"Yes you have." He answered me.

"Oppa, am I over thinking things?" I looked at him but then what came up to me was him smiling.

"Is there something funny from what I said?"

"I just love talkative Ji hyo. I like it better when you talk confidently." He said showing off his white set of teeth.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I love listening to your voice."

I rolled my eyes. "Oppa, I'm being entirely serious here." I said irritated from his out of topic comment.

He chuckled and sat beside me.

"I don't think you're over thinking things." He finally answered.

"Really?"

"Yes, what you're saying are all what normal people think everyday."

I sighed with a bit of relief but still went on. "I'm already in my 30s maybe next thing I know it I would be in my 50s. I think I should take time and see what I should do with my life. Think about myself more and things that I have to do for me. Things like settling down, thinking if I want to have kids and the like. Don't you think so oppa?"

"Why? Are you in hurry?"

I stared at him, digesting his query.

"Heard that same question from you four years ago." I said teasingly.

He bursted into laughter and I couldn't help but join him.

He then took in both my hands and held it tightly.

"Ji hyo-ah.. do you want to know what I think about you leaving your company."

I gave him a slight nod.

"I think you shouldn't do it."

"But.."

"Please listen to me first. I understand that you have things you don't like about your company but if you let them go, then what? I know that you might be uncomfortable with Chang ju-ssi over there and honestly it kills me too knowing that his just a call away to get to see inside your company but this is what I know, they care for you too. they want to do things that are best for you too."

"Of course I know that oppa.."

"Ji hyo think this through again. I'm not pushing you to not quit if really want to. If your decision is to still leave after rethinking then I won't stop you. I know youre a smart woman, I'm sure you'll think of something that's best for you and your company."

He ended the conversation with a kiss on my forehead.

---------------------------------------------------


Kang Gary's POV

"Ji hyo-ah.. are you awake?!" I bursted into her room.

"Oppa.. why are you yelling so early in the morning." She covered herself deeper into her blanket.

"Baby.. baby.. get up.. I need to tell you something important." I said as I shook her under the covers.

"Oppaaaaa... I'm still really tired from the concert (Emergency Couple concert). Can't that wait for later?"

"Ji hyo that concert finished two days ago, you can't be that tired still... Baby... please.. you only have to listen.. it will be quick.." I continued to bothered her.

I heard her sigh loudly and then she popped her hear up from the thick blanket. Her eyes were still squinted probably because of the morning light and her hair was messed up as always.

I quickly placed my earphones into her ears and prepared to play the music from my phone.

"Oppa, what is this?" She asked as she touched the earphones.

"Ssshhhh... Just listen to this Ji hyo-ah." I said and pressed play.

I was excited and anxious at the same time. I observed Ji hyo's reaction as she listened intently to what I wanted her to listen.

Her eyes that couldn't open a minute ago were now wide and bright. She blinked a couple of times and then pushed herself up with her arms, leaning her back on the headboard. She didn't look at me but just stared blankly through the air.

My heart started to beat faster. It was absolutely my longest 3:28 in my entire life.. I looked back at my phone that was in my hand and saw that the song was on it's last 10 seconds.

I stared at the numbers.. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

My head instantly popped up to see Ji hyo's face but then she was now putting her head down making me unable to see her reaction after the song.

"Ji hyo-ah? Uhhmm.. so what did you think of the song?" I asked slowly.

I suddenly heard a sniff.

"Ji hyo, are you crying?" I suddenly asked, panicking.

I touched her shoulder and bent my torso down so down I could see her face.

"Ani.. Oppa.. I'm not crying.." She said wiping her tears away.

"Oh come on, are you still going to lie even if it's already so obvious?"

She just let out a cute laugh.

"So, why are you crying? How was the song?" I asked.

She straightened her posture and faced me.

"Oppa..." She said with a voice as sweet as ever. "Was that song about me?" She asked.

I then smiled at her and gave out a little laugh.

"Are you still asking that? Wasn't every word clear that I was describing the woman I love?" I asked sarcastically.

After she heard what I said, she jumped at me and hugged me as tight as ever.

"Oppa, that song was absolutely beautiful. I can't believe it. Is everything on the song true?"

"Yaahh, I can"t believe your asking that too.." I pouted.

"Hehehe Mianhe.. It's just that the words you used were absolutely perfect and I can' t imagine being described in such a way.."

"Baby.. everything I wrote is true." I said as I brushed her cheek softly and moved in so that we were as close as possible. "You fill up my heart so much that I can't breathe." I said to her closely. I saw her eyes softened and she bit her lip again, she forced back the tears that were filling up her eyes.
"I like you so much because of your human scent. I'm even more attracted to your clumsy appearance. If I hesitate, I might lose you. So I'm going crazy." I repeated the lyrics of the song as I stared at her big lovely eyes.

As I said the last words of the song, she instantly threw her arms around me again but not for a hug, for a kiss so strong that I jumped from how my heart reacted.

As she layed on my lap, we listened to "Your scent" on speaker. "Baby..?" I said as I brushed her hair gently.

"Yes darling?" I smiled. She must be in a very good mood for her to call me that.

"From now on, my songs would be dedicated to you, only you."

We spent the morning listening to my song over and over again and Ji hyo even made me sing a number of times until I was exhausted.

---------------------------------------------------

Song Ji hyo's POV

"Cut!" The head PD shouted. "That's a wrap everyone. Thank you for coming today." He said as he went over to the guests.

I turned to my partner and thanked him for today's shooting as well. I made my way to the other guests and shook their hands, thanking them for their hardwork.

And then I noticed that Gary was no where to be seen. I lifted myself up with my toes and checked again but he really wasn't around the room. Maybe he went to the dressing room already? I looked if all the male members were still in the room and when I knew that everyone was around, I quietly slipped myself out and went towards the Male's dressing room.

I knocked the door lightly. "Gary are you in here?"

When no one answered, I slowly turned the knob and opened the door. "Gary, are you here?" I asked again as I slid my head into the room. "That's weird, he's not here. Oppa, where did you go?"

Suddenly someone called me from behind. "Ji hyo-ah!!"

"Aahh! Haha oppa, you scared me."

"Hehehe mianhe." His eyes swiftly looked in the room I was in. "You're looking for Gary right?"

"Yes, I can't seem to find him. Do you know where he is?"

"Ji hyo-ah.. I think he left already."

"What?! He left? Why?"

"Ji hyo, you should call him. I think his upset because of what happened a while ago."

"Because of what happened a while ago?" I thought. "Ohhh.. really?"

"Yes, now go find him. You guys need to talk."

"Thank you oppa." I said and hurriedly went to my dressing room, grabbed my things and rushed to my car.

As soon as I got in my car, I dialed oppa's number.

Ring.. ring.. ring.. Come on oppa, please pick up.. please pick up..

"The number you are calling is busy at the moment. Please try your call later."

"Aishh.. oppa, why aren't you answering? He's totally mad.. God, what am I going to do?!"

End of chapter 22 :)