Chapter 20: I am not fond of endearments

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Kang Gary's POV

I felt like I was still dreaming. Everyday.. every minute I stay with her I fall deeper and deeper. It seems like I'm never getting out but I don't mind it all.

The deeper I am in, the brighter I see the light at the end.

----------------------------------------

I slowly lifted my hand and moved it towards her head. Gently, I her hair, admiring every perfect facet of her face. How can she look so pretty while sleeping?

I sighed with satisfaction.

She suddenly scooted closer to me putting her hands on my chest.

She gave a faint smile.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up." I whisphered to her ear.

She shook her head.

"No, you didn't wake me up. I was awake already a few minutes ago. And we have to get up soon, we finally have filming today." We didn't have Running Man filming for more than two weeks since we came back from Australia

"Can't we just stay like this for a few more minutes?" I pulled her tightly towards me. "We seldom meet each other these days."

Ji hyo has been really busy these days because of her drama. I too have been working hard and recently I have no time to pick her up from her set anymore.

She giggled and looked up.

"Oppa.. I've been missing you too.."

I stared in to her eyes for a few seconds. I closed my eyes and then gave her a long kiss on the forehead.

I tapped her back gently, "Okay, let's get up."

She moved slowly towards the edge of the bed and sat up.

I rolled myself towards her side of the bed and drown myself into the pillow of Ji hyo.

I breathed in heavily trying to smell her wonderful scent lingering on every corner of the pillow.

This was my usual routine. I let her get up first and then I stayon the bed for few minutes.

I suddenly remembered the song I am currently working on. It's not yet done but I'm so excited to release it.

I smiled by myself.

"Oppa what are you doing?"

I froze from hearing her voice. My face was still buried into her pillow.

I slowly turned my head to the left and saw her standing beside the bed with a confused expression.

"Oh.. Nothing, I wasn't doing anything." I jumped and sat right up on the bed.

"Jinja?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

I just nodded like a young little boy with a bright smile on.

"Fine. I'm going to wash up first okay?" She let it slide and turned around heading towards the bathroom.

"Baby, do you want to wash up together?" I said quickly before she went in.

She stopped right in front of the door of the bathroom and turned to face me.

"What did you just say?"

"I asked if you want to wash up together.."

"No, no, no that's not what I asked. I meant what did you just call me?"

And then it hit me. I probably blurted it out unconsciously.

I gave her another smile but she just continued to stare at me with her cute mong face.

"Baby?" I asked.

"Haah, did you just call me baby?"

"Why you don't like it?"

She started to laugh but I was actually serious about it.

"Since when did we start using endearments to each other?"

Hearing that, I got disappointed.

"Ji hyo-ah we've been dating for more than half a year now. People who are in a relationship don't call their significant other with first names."

"Oppa.. It's not that.."

"Well for you, you call me oppa but how about me? I just keep calling you by your name. It's no different from any other person."

I knew Ji hyo wasn't into these couple stuffs but I just wanted to have more affirmation that she was mine and no one else's. Call me obsessed or too clingy on my girlfriend but I don't care.

She slowly approached me and sat down on the floor crossing her arms on the bed.

"Oppa.. It's not that I don't want you to call me other than my name. It's just that people still don't know about us what if something slips out? Let's just keep it this way for now okay?"

I was still in dismay.

"So are we going to wash up together or not?" I asked her again changing the subject.

She stayed quiet.

"Yah.. Do you really need to think about it? It's just a yes or no answer."

She still didn't say anything but then gave me a grin. She slowly held out her hand and I happily took it.

-----------------------------------------

Song Ji hyo's POV

I knew he was very disappointed in me but what else could I say?

I led him towards the bathroom and then tapped the bathroom counter lightly.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Sit. Let's start with you first. You need a shave." I said.

He laughed but then instantly hopped on the counter obeying like a good little boy.

I smiled from what he did and touched his face.

"Oppa.. When was the last time you shaved?"

"I don't remember."

"Now that's a lie.."

He chuckled. "Maybe I won't shave it myself anymore so that I'll have to ask you do it."

"Yah! Don't do that. You don't think I'm busy?" I retorted as I grabbed the razor and shaving cream.

"Come on, just do it for your sweet little boyfriend."

"Hey, don't move." I gently started to shave around his mouth and chin. He had his eyes closed.

"Okay, it's done. You need to wash your face."

I ran the water through the sink adjusting the hot and cold water to make it luke warm. He pushed his face forward telling me to wash his face for him.

I huffed but still did what he asked. I pulled a small towel behind me and I finished it off by drying his face.

"Ohhh what a great girlfriend do I have.. Now, it's your turn." He smiled wickedly. He jumped off the counter; placing an arm behind me, he pushed me near him.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Shocked from what he was doing.

"I need to look at your beautiful face up close so that I can wash your face properly." He said.

I think I blushed after hearing that. As fast as I could, I pulled his arm that was still holding me and pushed him away.

"That won't be necessary."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I'm planning to take a shower so I don't need your help."

"Yah, Song Ji hyo.. No fair.. And besides you took a bath last night. Why do you want to shower again?"

"It was hot last night and I got all sweaty." I was actually telling the truth. I wanted to feel fresh before I go to work. And I wanted a bath.

"Ji hyo, you planned this from the beginning right? You weren't going to let me touch you.."

"Oppa.. Come on we have to prepare for our shooting later.. Clock's ticking.."

His face went unreadable. I guess I should have said no when he asked a while ago. It was obvious he was mad. My gosh.. Why am I making him so sad and angry this morning?

I thought of something that might cheer him up instantly.

I slowly moved towards him and then went to his ear.

I know I would regret this later but I guess I don't have a choice now. He was so disappointed in me and I needed to make it up to him.

"Darling, can you please step out for a while and let your girlfriend take a shower?" I said to him as softly and slowly as possible.

I pulled back and went to see his face.

He blinked a few times and asked, "what.. Did you just.. What did you just call me? Can you say it again?"

Laughter slipped through my lips. His expression was priceless. I shook me head.

"I won't ever say it again, if you won't step out." I pointed out.

He seemed to understand that I was serious because he slowly turned around and walked towards the door stiffly like a robot. I laughed again. Gary is really funny.

As soon as he closed the door, I took off my clothes and quickly stepped into the shower.

After having breakfast together Gary left ahead for the set. We shouldn't be arriving together to the RM location and besides my manager was going to drive for me today.

She arrived 15 minutes after Gary left and she drove me straight to the set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we were going to be in one team. The running man members as one. The PD pointed out that we recently kept playing against each other and it was time to work as a team again. I was really happy because it was true; it has been a long time me and all the oppas had teamed up together. Plus, I can be with Gary the whole day again.

I also had fun going up the lift for our opening; though it was only for a moment, the feeling was great. When I went down the platform, Kwang soo helped me on the stairs. I then naturally walked towards Gary was standing. He looked at me for a moment and I gave him a small smile then stood beside him.

We were going against the Angel Eyes Team and they were really friendly but also very competitive. As always I acted like my normal self during the shooting. But if I had the chance to get close to him, my body just moves towards him. Even for the last challenge, Gary oppa helped me by teaching me on how to slide down the pole properly. (You can rewatch ep190 again if you want to check it out. Ji hyo and Gary were beside each other in almost the whole race :) And the one when she went down the platform, I believe Gary really looked at her before she stood beside him)

The race ended in the evening and the Running Man team won the race. We received two envelopes of cash but later we decided to give the other envelope to the Angel Eyes Team for their hardwork today.

"Gary oppa, are okay? How is your feet?" I asked worriedly. He had to walk on hot coals and stones with me carried on his back.

"It hurts a little but it's bearable. Don't worry I'm fine." He said tapping my shoulders.

"Jinja? Don't lie. Can I take a look?" I said bending towards his foot.

"Waah, my girlfriend is so concern about me." He commented.

"Yah!" I said standing up and looking around if someone could have heard it. Thankfully no one was with us because was busy cleaning and packing up.

The members all decided to have dinner together with the prize money we've won. We decided to celebrate at Haha's restaurant this time.

"Hey Ji hyo, the socks you were wearing a while ago on filming, that was Gary's right?" Jae suk oppa asked while we were having dinner. (Yoo jae suk commented about her socks during the acupuncture mat game and so I just made this part up)

"What are you talking about oppa?" I asked.

"Yah, you can't lie to us. We all know that he sometimes sleeps over at your place." Haha oppa continued.

Shocked by them knowing about it, I instantly shot a look to Gary.

"You told them?!" I snickered.

"Ahh, Ji hyo I'm sorry it just slipped out of me. I didn't tell them purposely really." He begged as he scooted nearer to me.

"Oppa how could you?!" I was in disbelief.

"Yah, yah, yah you two don't fight here." Jae suk oppa came between us. "Ji hyo, it's not a big deal. We are like siblings here, there's nothing to be ashamed of. Right guys?"

The other members joined him in agreement. But I wasn't over it.

"Yah oppa, this is so embarrassing." I was still irritated from what Gary did.

"Like what they said, there's nothing to be ashamed of." He answered me as he touched my hand. "Why should you, I mean why should we be embarrassed when we are just in love?" Gary continued.

I shook my head from what I heard from him. My gosh.. this guy is just oozing with cheeziness. I sighed deeply and rubbed my head from confusion. The other members just started to gave out laughs seeing their friends having a short fight.

"Gary you don't need to drive me home tonight."

"Why? Are you still mad at me?"

"No, no, no my manager called and she told me she's picking me up."

"Your manager? Why?"

"I have no idea too. Anyways you can go home ahead, I'll be waiting for her here for a few minutes."

"I won't certainly leave you here alone, baby."

"Baby?"

"Yes, baby? Do you have any problems with that?"

Oh God! I was right. I would regret what I said to him this morning.

"Oppa, can't you find me another name to call?"

"Why? Do you like sweetheart instead? Or honey? Sunshine?"

I rolled my eyes. "You're really enjoying this aren't you?" He nodded as response with his eyes bright as the moon.

"Sunshine? Where did that come from?" I asked.

"Hmmm where did I come up with that?" He said as he raised his hand and brushed my cheek lightly.

"Ji hyo, before you were mine my life was dark. The road I was taking was dim and I wasn't sure of the path I was taking. When you came along and chose me to stay by your side, everything became clearer and brighter. I am now living a life filled with warmth and happiness. I only need you and nothing else. I will never lose you again because if that will happen then I will forever be lost."

His words touched my heart. A tingly sensation ran across my chest. I froze in front of him, digesting every sweet word he just said to me. I was so happy that he was mine and that I was his. Without saying anything I instantly hugged him.

"You know that I love you so much oppa?"

"Of course I do and I love you too, my sunshine."

I smiled with my new found endearment. We stayed under our embrace for a moment and then we heard a honk coming from a car.

I quickly untangled myself from him and looked at the direction where the sound came from. It was my manager. I instantly stood up and so did Gary.

"Oppa, unnie is here. I need to go."

"Alright, take care and good night Ji hyo."

I smiled at him but before I turned to leave I kissed him gently on his left cheek and then whisphered, "Good night, darling." After saying that, I turned around as fast as I could towards the car not looking at his expression.

The care ride home was silent. My manager didn't say anything from what she saw. I wasn't sure if she was mad at me or if she was just letting it go.

"Ji hyo are okay?" My manager suddenly asked and I jumped in my seat.

"What do you mean? I'm fine."

"You sure? You're not hiding anything from me?" By that question I knew then what she was talking about.

My gaze went to my hands on my lap. She was talking about Chang Ju oppa.

"Eonni... I've talked to.. I mean we've talked to Chang Ju oppa. Me and Gary.."

My manager stayed silent. She was looking straight through the windshield, driving.

"And.. and he wants me and Gary to break up." I let out those painful words as I tried to hold back my tears. I really am getting emotional these days especially if it's about Gary.

But even if I said it to her, she didn't show any signs of shock.

I knew it, she already knew about this. Ofcourse... why wouldn't she?

"And?" She asked me to continue.

I hesitated to tell her what I was planning. Because I know she's either going to get mad or give me a sermon. Actually those two things don't differ at all I realized.

But she was waiting for an answer. Should I lie? Should I tell the truth? I started to have a battle inside my head.

"I... I..." Come on Ji hyo, just say you haven't decided anything yet. That will keep you safe momentarily.

"I'm planning to.." The words came out unexpectedly. Now I can't take back the words I just said. It's now or never.


 

"I've already made up my mind. I'm planning to leave C-JeS entertainment once my contract expires."
 

-----------------------------------------

End of chapter 20 💓💓