Chapter 24: Fallen far too deep

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Kang Gary's POV

Feelings are meant to be controlled. But there are just times when it over powers you, making you without choice to just let them all go. 'Cause we are just humans after all...

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Hahahaha.. Yah! Where you going? Wait for me!"

I rubbed my eyes groggily as I was awakened by someone talking loudly outside.

I started to yawn. I must have fallen asleep. I stretched my arms until it hit the ceiling of the car. My back and shoulders ached because of the position I was in as I slept. I scratched my head and with one eye closed, reached for my phone to check what time it was. I pressed the button on my iphone but it didn't light up. It just stayed dark and still.

"Aishh, I knew I should have fully charged my phone this morning." I placed my phone into my pocket and glanced at the clock inside my car. It said, "10:07". Wait, what?! It's already ten?! In an instant, I jumped on my seat but my sudden swift movement gave me a headache.

I started to rub the sides of my head with my thumbs. "Ji hyo must be looking for me like crazy." My hand swiftly went towards the car keys, but then I froze before being able to turn it.

I suddenly remembered the reason of me being here. Ji hyo.... Seo Jin..... radish game...

"Aishhhh!!" I exclaimed loudly slumping back to my seat.

We've talked about this.. Yes we did.. A lot of times.. Ji hyo is an actress and an entertainer.. Things like this can't be helped. But.. but..."Hhaaaaa..." I just ended up giving out a big sigh. I closed my eyes shut and after about five seconds, opened them and stared right through the wind shield.

The river is beautiful tonight. The water reflects the bright buildings of the city but still stays calm even if the night is busy and full. I drove to this place, a place where I can be alone. A place where I haven't told anyone, even Ji hyo; well not yet. I wanted to drive all the way up to our view but I was already tired from shooting and the Hangang River was the closest I could go to.

I rolled down my window and let the cold wind touch my face as I closed my again eyes. Ahhhh.. this feels good. I breathed in and then out slowly. Ching, ching, ching.. I suddenly heard a bicycle bell ringing. I searched for where the sound came from and then saw a couple riding their bikes chasing each other around. I smiled seeing them being so happy.

I sometimes come here with my bike whenever I have the time. I like watching people enjoying and relaxing. spending their leisure time with family and friends. It would be really nice if Ji hyo and I could do that too. I then suddenly started to miss her. My sunshine...

With that, I immediately the engine and drove towards Ji hyo's apartment.

When I reached her place, I got off my car and looked up to see if her room was still lit up. Unfortunately, her place was dark. She probably has slept already, it's quarter to eleven. Though I wanted to know if she was home, I couldn't call her because of my dead cell.

"What if I go to........ Nevermind, don't want to disturb him and his family..."

 I decided to call it a night and made my way home.

I sat on my work desk and lifted up some papers I needed to read and sign. After I was done with them, I went to my phone that was charging on the desk beside my bed. I turned it on and saw all the messages and calls made by Ji hyo and a few from Haha and even from Gil.

After I read all their messages, I decided to send a message to Ji hyo. "Baby, I'm sorry if I made you worried. I'm fine. Rest well and we'll talk tomorrow. Good night. I love you." I pressed send and waited for her to hopefully reply but she didn't.

A few minutes later, I found myself scanning through my camera roll. I smiled at all the pictures I took of Ji hyo, the latest ones were the ones I took when I woke her up earlier today. Her hair was all messed up and it covered her whole face. Imagining it again made me laugh silently. I scrolled down more and a picture caught my attention. It was one of the photos I took when I went to New York. I stared at the picture of the trophy that said, "Drama Fever DFA '13 for Best Kiss Song Ji hyo and Kang Gary". When I took this picture in NY, I remembered that I instantly sent it to Ji hyo. She was absolutely thrilled by it.

I decided to post the pic on Instagram and share the award with our fans. I clicked the picture to upload it on IG but then the photo wouldn't fit the frame entirely. I stared at our names on the trophy for a moment and decided to cut off our names but since the angle wasn't good, the upper part of my name would be seen. Oh well... The important thing is that I could show the award for Best Kiss. Thinking about the kiss again made me smile slyly.

I went with the caption, "Wow!~ Thank you DramaFever!", and pressed the share button. In a matter of seconds, my notifications got wild again so I set aside my phone and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ring, ring, ring...

"ahhh.. who's calling so early in the morning?" I complained as I pulled my pillow and placed it on my head. The call ended and I sighed with relief. The caller must have given up. But then after a few seconds my phone started to ring again.

Without looking at the caller ID, I defeatedly reached for my phone on the table and answered it.

"Yeoboseyo?"

...................................

Silence...

"Yeoboseyo?" I said again.

Still no answer. I took my phone away from my ear and checked who was calling.

"Mong Ji." The screen revealed that it was Ji hyo calling.

"Ji hyo?" I said through the phone.

"Oppa...." She finally answered back. But her voice was a bit shaky.

"Ji hyo, are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Oppa.. there's a.. there's a..." Her voice trailed off.

"Ji hyo-ah.. talk to me.. what's happening? What's there?" I was starting to get worried. I was now sitting upright on my bed.

"AAAHHHHHH!!" I heard Ji hyo scream.

"Ji hyo?! Ji hyo?! What happened?! Are you alright?! What's happening Ji hyo?!" Now I was up on my feet. No matter how much I talked or well, yelled through the phone, Ji hyo wouldn't answer me. I quickly put some clothes on and rushed to Ji hyo's apartment like a mad man.

---------------------------------------------

Song Ji hyo's POV

"ottoke, ottoke... What am I going to do?.." I panicked inside the bathroom where I locked myself in.

"Pabo-yah.. ahhh.. why did you leave your phone outside?...." I scolded and hit myself with my fist on the head repeatedly.

It felt like I was in here for almost an hour. I knew nothing would come good if I would just keep still and so I decided to face that thing and go outside.

I slowly turned the knob and opened the door. I peeked outside and let my head out inch by inch scanning every corner of the room. When I felt it was safe to go into the bedroom, I concentrated at my target,....

.....my phone.

My phone was on top of my bed where I left it and as soon as I felt I was ready, I tried to run with all my might but ended up shrieking like a little girl towards the bed. I grabbed my phone as soon as I touched it and ran straight out of the bedroom, slammed the door close, leaned my back on it and breathed heavily like I was just being chased or attacked by a scary animal.

As soon as my breath became even, I pushed my phone away from my chest. I was holding my phone so tightly it was all covered in sweat. I wiped my hands on my jeans and then checked my phone. Gary had called me twenty-three times. I quickly tried to call him back but then I jumped from the sudden banging on the door.

"Ji hyo!!!" The yell sounded like Gary.

Soon after, he inputted the passcode and widely open the door. Gary came rushing in while I froze where I stood and stared at him, bewildered.

My back was glued to my bedroom door as I watched Gary rapidly came towards me.

"Ji hyo... Ji hyo.." he said as he held my shoulders tightly. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He continued as he scanned my body, his eyes going up and down.

"Oppa..."

"Ji hyo what happened?" He looked at me with so much worry.

I blinked a couple times trying to understand why he was here.

"Oppa... why are you here?"

"Yah! What do you mean, why am I here? I heard you sceam through the phone. Is someone here? Did someone hurt you?" He turned his head around checking the room for, I guess, someone. And then I understood the situation.

"Oppa, I'm sorry.." I blurted. I was sorry.. sorry for making him so worried about me for a such a small thing again.

Gary's expression became confused. "Baby?"

I bit my lip, hesitating to tell him what really happened.

"I'm really sorry for making you come over, it was just that...."

"Seolma..." He suddenly said, realizing it himself when I paused for a while. "Baby, don't tell me you called because you saw a bug again?"

"Hey! It was no ordinary bug.. It was fying around my room.. and it was this huge!" I said as I showed him the size of the bug with my two fingers. The last time this happened, it was in my old apartment. That time, I was able to quickly tell him over the phone that there was a dead dragonfly in the sink. Even up to now, I have no idea how that thing came in to my apartment.

I was making myself ready for what Gary would say. Complaints, waste of time or how stupid this is. But then the next thing he did was laugh out loud. I slowly peeked to look at him to see what was making him laugh.

"Yaaaahhh, my baby is really something.. Ji hyo you're so cute when you're scared."

"Oppa, aren't you mad at me?" He pulled me in and gave me a warm hug. "Why should I be mad at you? Well yeah, you absolutely scared me for a bit there but I'm glad that you called. I've been wanting to see since yesterday. I missed you."

I looked at him confused. He was the one who left me yesterday...

"Yaaahh, that's why I told you to stay in my place. If I was with you, I would assure no insect not even an ant would harm you.." He said cheekily.

"Come on, I moved here because you convinced me to stay nearer to you. I'm even staying where Haha and his family are because you were worried about me. Now you want me to stay with you?"

He gave me a foolish smile. "Why? Is there a problem with that? Is it a sin for having to want to stay with my girlfriend every minute of everyday?"

I stared at him dumbfounded. I didn't know how to react. Happy? Disbelief? Worry?  "Oppa.... you're gonna make us get caught by the media and that's the last thing I want."

"But baby..." He slid his hands down to intertwine them with mine and swinged them from left to right. He was absolutely playing with me. Which was so cute to watch, it killed me.

I gave out a sigh.. "Gary oppa, are you really not mad at me? Yesterday, uhhhmm you know, about what happened.." I tried to change the subject.

He quickly leaned in and planted a kiss to silence me. "I know what you want to say but I'm fine. And I'm sorry that was my fault. I overreacted."

"How about the picture?"

"What picture?"

"The one you posted on your IG last night, what was that all about?"

"What do you mean?"

"Weren't you mad at me that's why you didn't include my name on the photo?"

"Yaaahhh.. how could you even think that way? Were you that worried about me baby? That was nothing, the frame couldn't cut both our names..."

I gave out a big "Ohhhh"... which made Gary laugh out loud. I was absolutely embarrassed for overthinking the situation.

"Now where is that little bug that scared my baby... I think I should thank him for making me come over this early to see my sunshine..." Gary then opened the door and pulled me in to my room but I firmly stayed put.

"Oppa, I don't want to go inside.. The bug is still in there..."

"Ji hyo-ah... your knight in shining armor is here now.. there's nothing to fear.." He said proudly and pulled me even harder this time. "I'm still exhausted, why don't we sleep some more together..."

Once I was through the door, he then shut the door close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Baby, why are you hesitating? If you say yes, I can work on the papers as soon as possible."

I tried my best to keep my expression still even if I was bursting from happiness.

"You've seen the place already.. Didn't you like it? It could be our own secret hideout. "

I gave it a few seconds before I answered him. I've been turning him down a few times now. It just that, spending money on a house for the two of us seems to be too much. But after carefully thinking it through and with some advice from my friends and family, I decided on my finally answer.

"I liked it." I said to him.

"Then why? You love the sea right? I've chosen that place especially for you." He continued.

"I do. The view was worderful and dreamy and........ I can't wait until we spend the night there."

"Then why?..." His face then went still, processing what he heard. "Wait, what?! What did you just say."

I smiled, triumphant from surprising him. I eyed him, "I absolutely can't wait to stay there with my most precious, loving, caring and handsome boyfriend."

"Jinja? Ji hyo are you saying that you're okay with it?" He was now smiling from ear to ear.

"Gary oppa, if you keep asking I might change my mi..."

Without letting me finish, he pulled me and gave me a hug so warm that made me realize that my home is in the arms of this man that I love so dearly.

--------------------------------------------------

Kang Gary's POV

"So when are you going on a trip to the house you guys bought?" Byul asked.

"Probably by the end of next month, Ji hyo insisted that she do everything. Plus she wanted some renovating to be done." I replied.

"Are you complaining again oppa?" Ji hyo came back in to the room.

"Well, if you have let me do it, I would assure that we could enjoy the place as soon as possible.”

“Hah, how is that even possible.. Oppa, were both busy.. And you know we both have no time to make a trip yet.. Don’t worry oppa, just leave everything to me.” She kissed my forehead, sat beside me, and pulled my arm so that it would go over her shoulders. “All you have to do now is work on your new song. Just concentrate on that okay? And in no time, we'll be relaxing by the sea.”

I looked at her big bright eyes and I couldn’t help but fall in to it again. “You’re really awesome baby. Thank you.”

Her lips curved into a smile. She pulled herself up and gave me a kiss. I really love it whenever she initiates the kiss first.

“Yah, yah, yah… If you guys are going to do that, then move to the guest room if you want..” Haha teased as he held Dream.

“Ohh, Hi Dream!” Ji hyo went over and took him from Haha’s arms. “Hi baby, would you like to play with Aunt Ji hyo today?”

Ji hyo loves kids. She was very enthusiastic whenever she met Baby Gook at the set of Emergency Couple. She kept talking about the baby at home, telling me every detail of how her day was with him. She held Dream so easily and I smiled as I imagined how she would be a great mother of our kids someday.

“Uhhmm Byul, I think Dream took a dump.” Ji hyo suddenly announced,

“Hahaha.. the beauty of kids right?” Byul said as she took Dream from Ji hyo's arms. “I’m sorry Ji hyo.. I’ll take him.”

Just then Ji hyo’s phone rang beside me. I took it and looked to see who was calling. “It’s your manager calling.” I said as I passed her the phone. “Thanks, I need to take this. Haha can I borrow the guest room?”

“Sure.” He replied and Ji hyo rushed into the room.

As soon as Ji hyo closed the door, Dong hoon approached and sat beside me.

“Gary hyung, so you're excited about that trip right?” He asked sneakily.

“Absolutely man..”

“But hyung, ain't buying a house too fast? You guys are not even getting married yet."

"Hey, I'm sure I'm marrying her." I answered him proudly.

"Well, yes I know that.. but how about her?"

"Dong hoon, don’t worry it will be fine with me and Ji hyo.. I have friends who got married after dating for only three months. Me and Ji hyo have known each other for more than four years.. I know it's her..”

Haha gave me that wicked smile of his, "You really fell for her. You've fallen far too deep that even I can't reach you anymore. I guess I really don't need to worry about you guys..."

“Thanks bro, but really I can take care of it.. You better focus on working on for a second child that you've been wanting...." I this time.

“Hahahaha, I'm working on it… So seems like Ji hyo loves kids so much. Have you talked about having kids of your own?”

“Yes we did actually. Just a few times about which we would want a girl or boy; coming up names and the like..."

"Really? How many kids do you guys want?"

I made a face. "Dong hoon, I'm not going to talk about kids with you...."

"Hahahaha I'm sorry hyung.. It's just that if your a parent the usual topic you go around with is about your kids.. It's like talking about them is the natural thing to do....

"Yaaahh, I'm really happy for you man. I'm glad you've made your own family.

"Hyung, you should start to have one too.. You and Ji hyo aren't getting younger you know.."

"Yeah.. but Ji hyo still has a lot of plans for her career and so marriage and kids are still not her priority. She works really hard these days making me worry that she might over stress herself. Her schedules are really tight these days.”

"Oh, is that so? Then I might have been wrong..."

"Wrong about what?"

“Well… uhm.." He hesitated for a while. "Dong hoon, what is it?"

"Well, you see from what we observed Ji hyo seems to want to...."

"Gary oppa..!" Ji hyo suddenly called out loud as she came back to the living room. "I need to go to the office. My manager wants me to have a meeting for next month's schedule. So I have to go back to my place to grab my things."

"Oh geurae? Do you want me to drive you there?"

"Well... I really think that's not a good idea.. but.. if you'll buy me a cup of coffee.. then I'd risk it even just this once." She teased.

My legs shooted up. "Dong hoon, we'll be going. Talk to you later." I said as I pulled Ji hyo to the door. She giggled behind me as we made our way back to her apartment.