Chapter 14: Is she going to leave me?

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Kang Gary's POV

I want to know. I want to ask. I want to move.

But I can't.

My heart is in pain. My heart is sad. My heart seems to break.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

I stared at my phone with the caller ID that said "My love, Ji hyo". I was an inch away from pushing the dial button but I just stayed still.

Frustrated, I threw my phone beside me and it lightly hit the foam of my bed.

I angrily rested my back on the bed and placed my right arm across my eyes and sighed deeply.

It has been weeks since I got back from Singapore but I haven't had a proper conversation with Ji hyo yet. I was able to talk to her on the phone for a while but she was so busy because of her drama taping and everyone was watching her so I couldn't go anywhere near her as of the moment.

I needed to be patient and let the crowd die down before we could meet each other. We didn't have any RM shootings for about two weeks so I wasn't able to see her that much.

Truthfully, I haven't heard any explanation from Ji hyo yet. The last time we talked she only said, "Gary oppa, please let me explain. Please don't jump to any conclusion yet. Please understand."

The way she said those words were so sad that I literally wanted to hug her over the phone. She was pleading so badly of course making me assure her that I would wait for her explanation.

But.. but.. this waiting is just killing me inside. My insides are burning up, I want to relax but I just can't.

I got up from my bed and went to my laptop. I went on my twitter account and read on the posts the fans sent me. Most of them were devastated to hear the news about Ji hyo and Chang Ju. They sent me comforting messages but honestly it didn't help me at all.

'Aishh, I need some fresh air. I need to get away from everything first or else I'll go insane.' I talked to myself as I pushed the monitor of my laptop close.

I knew there was only one place that could calm me down. I went down to my car and I drove as fast as I could.

When I was off the main road, I increased the accelerator. I was eager to arrive to that place as fast as possible.

It was almost sunset, the view would be lovely once I reach there.

I arrived at where we call it, the Monday Couple view with Ji hyo.

I got off the car and slowly went towards the cliff.

The sky is orange and the clouds are beautiful. The air is fresh and wind is soft.

I stretched my arms widely as I breathed out heavily.

It felt good. Everything about this place is so relaxing.

I smiled and sat on the grass, bending my knees towards my body as I wrapped my arms around them.

I stared at the sun that was going down.

"Wow! It's good that I came just in time too see this. It's so beautiful." I spoke to myself.

"How I wish Ji hyo was here to see this." My heart instantly sank just thinking about her.

I shook my head sideways trying to erase my thoughts about her. I came here to feel better and not to feel sad. I reminded myself.

I thought of other things instead.

My new solo album has been released. I have been preparing that album for almost half a year last year.

There were many negative reviews about it but I didn't let it affect me so much. The songs were more painful, dark, and mysterious. But even so, I was satisfied with it. I worked hard on it putting all my past memories in it.

Now that I've finished another album, should I write another song? I felt that I should.

I closed my eyes for a while, deciding on what theme my next song should be.

Suddenly I jumped because my phone started to ring. I took my phone out of my pocket and checked who was calling.

My eyes grew as I found out who was calling. I stared at my phone for a while then slowly pushed the accept button.

"Hello?" I answered slowly.

"Oppa, it's me." she said.

"Yeah, I know." I replied back coldly.

She was quiet for a while but then said, "Gary, are you mad at me?"

"I'm not sure." I said to her truthfully.

"Oppa we need to talk. Where are you now?"

"I'm at our view."

"Okay, please wait for me. I'm in my car right now. I'll be there about 20 minutes after."

"Okay." I said to her weakly and turned the call off.

I didn't know why I was acting this way to her. Usually I'd be happy to hear her voice but today it was different.

I seriously hated to talk to her that way but then the those harsh words just came out.

I guess deep inside, I was scared. I was terrified to hear her say the truth that we may be over. I was afraid to hear the words that I was actually delusional for ever thinking that I could have her as my own.

How can I even compare myself with that CEO? He has a stable job, is succesful and is dependable. How about me? Do I even have a chance?

I felt a sharp pain in my heart again. It was like the wounds I had with my ex-girlfriend were stinging again. The pain came back and the sad memories I had back then suddenly washed over me again.

I can't go through that again, I really can't.

I tried to comfort myself by hugging my knees tightly while I covered my face in between my chest and knees.

Tears started to form but I tried my best to stop them.

I didn't know how long I stayed in that position but then I flinched from the touch I was given.

"Oppa.." Ji hyo said softly as she wrapped her arms around me from the back.

"Oh Ji hyo-ah, you surprised me."

"I'm sorry oppa." She said.

I wasn't sure what she was saying sorry for. Was it because she scared me or was it because of something else?

We were still not facing each other. She still held me tightly from the back.

I raised my hands towards her arms to pull her embrace but she didn't budge.

"Gary oppa, I missed you." She said but her voice was very much sad. It was heart breaking for me to hear her talk that way.

At that moment I actually didn't care what her excuse would be about her and Chang Ju. I just wanted to hug her so badly, I would forgive her for everything. If she wants me to let her go, then.. then.. then I will. I love her but I want her to be happy.

This time I forcefully pulled her arms and moved her so that she was in front of me. I finally saw her face and it made my heart hurt even more. Tears were rolling down her cheeks.

I pulled her to me and I gave her an embrace.

She started to cry even more.

"Shhh, Ji hyo-ah it's okay. It's okay. I've missed you so much too. Please stop crying Ji hyo. Oppa doesn't want to see you this way." I said as I rubbed her back.

The last time I saw her crying was the time when she broke down in the park after she broke up with Chang Ju.

I felt bad for her now. I really do.

I continued to rub her back until she finally calmed down. She pulled away from the hug and faced me. She wiped the tears away from her face slowly.

"I'm sorry oppa." She apologized again.

"No, no, no. It's fine Ji hyo." I assured her but still not knowing what she was apologizing for.

What will I do if she says she doesn't want to be together anymore?

"Oppa I should have talked to you first. I should have told you first. May be if I did, things would have been different. May be he wouldn't have.. he wouldn't have.." She stopped because tears were again falling from her eyes.

I was shocked. I didn't understand anything she said.

I touched her arm and slowly rubbed it.

"Ji hyo what do you mean by that? I'm confused. What actually happened?"

I waited for her to calm down.

"Over the weekend, I got a call from Chang Ju oppa. He said that we needed to talk. He said it was important and that it was about my contract with his company. He told me to meet me in a cafe near our company and so I did. After we had coffee he told me that we should talk privately in his office since there were papers there that we needed to discuss. I guess that was the time when someone saw us walking back together."

She paused for a while and then went on.

"I trusted him. I knew he wasn't a bad guy. I listened to him. But.."

She stopped again, she stared through the air.

"But I guess I was wrong." She finished her sentenced.

"Why? What did he do to you? Did he hurt you?" I asked panickly.

"At first it was fine, he kept asking me about how I was doing and I answered him truthfully that I was happy. But then as the conversation went on, he never started to talk about my contract which was the reason I was there in the first place. He then suddenly told me that he wanted to start over with me again."

As I heard it, my heart felt like it was crumpled. Chang Ju-shi wanted to be with her again.

"Of course I rejected him. I told him that it was too late."

My eyes grew wide and my heart that felt dead a while ago started to flutter.

"I said that I was over him and he should be too with me. But then he grabbed me by the arm."

"What?!" I interjected.

She started to go blank again.

"Ji hyo-ah what happened?!"

"He was hurting me with his grip. I told him to let go but he wouldn't listen to me. And then.. and then.."

She started to shiver from the memory and I knew she was in pain. Her lips were trembling and her eyes welled up again.

Without hesitation I moved towards her and hugged her again. I was starting to get angry because of what he did to her.

"It's okay Ji hyo, oppa is here now. I won't hurt you."

"Oppa.. He pushed me to the wall and started to kiss me forcingly."

By then I pulled her away to look at her.

"He did what?! He kissed you?!" I was now shouting unintentionally at her.

"Where is he right now? He needs to be taught a lesson." I started to stand but she stopped me.

"No, oppa don't. It's okay, I'm fine."

"What do you mean you're fine? And it's certainly not okay. He kissed you Ji hyo without your consent. That's just wrong!" I was now rumbling and shouting. My insides were heating up and I just wanted to punch something really bad.

"Oppa.. please calm down. I guess it was my fault too. I should have told him that I was dating you, if I did he wouldn't have made a move on me."

"But.." I said but she cut me off.

"He didn't know that I was with someone. I guess he thought I was still single."

Ji hyo was protecting him. Even if she was hurt, she still tried to understand the other person. That's how soft-hearted Ji hyo was. She was so kind and forgiving. But it killed me to see her hurt so badly.

"Ji hyo, you don't need to defend him. He did something wrong, it wasn't your fault."

She went silent. Thinking.

"Oppa, can you please let it go? I already actually scolded him that night. I want to forget what he did and move on." She stared at me with eyes of pain.

I was hesitant but then I said okay.

"Ji hyo what happened after? How did you leave him?"

"Well, while he was kissing me, I constantly hit him with my free hand. When he finally let me go, I slapped him on the face. I was so shocked from what he did and I questioned him on how he could have done that to me."

Her eyes went back again to mine.

"I'm sorry but before I left his office I told him that I was dating you. The words just slipped out my mouth and I wasn't thinking straight. I'm really sorry now he knows that we're dating."

"Oh it's alright. I believe that would have been best. At least now he should keep distance from you knowing that we're together."

"I guess that's right." She said.

"Ji hyo-ah are you really okay? Are you really hurt or anything?" I asked as I scanned her body.

"I'm really fine. Though my arm still hurts a little from his hold but really I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I am." She said giving me a weak smile.

I pulled her closer to me again and gave her another hug.

"I'm glad your fine. I was really worried about you. I even thought you were going to leave me and go to Chang ju-shi."

"Oppa, that will never happen. I promise."

A smile formed on my face for the first time within our conversation.

"I love you Song Ji Hyo."

"I love you too Kang Gary."

We stayed in each others embrace for a while before we enjoyed the beautiful scenery in front of us.

But Ji hyo I'm sorry, I can't let this go so calmly. Chang Ju-shi must pay for what he did. I won't let him off easily. I should really talk to him. He must never touch you again. I promised to protect and I will do it no matter what.

----------------------------------------------

Okay! end of chapter 14. Kang Gary isn't a man who gives up. He will do anything for the woman he loves right? Let's see how he will handle this issue with Chang Ju-shi on the further chapters ;)