Chapter 17: My heart only beats for you

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Yey!! So glad to be able to post this on Ji hyo unnie's birthday (though I've got roughly 15 mins left hahaha) Well at least, I can great her one last time.

To my forever bias running man member, the ever beautiful Song Ji Hyo, Happy happy happy birthday!!! Woooooh!! 

I've actually made a bday vid for her so if you have time to watch it after reading this chapter, you can check it out by going to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PXbEtiENYM

Okay here's chapter 17!!

Enjoy!!

Song Ji hyo's POV

I stared blankly at my coffee that was now half empty. I lifted my middle finger and placed it at the tip of the cup. I then slowly moved my finger, rotating it around the cup's tip.

My mind is filled with many things, such as the recent embarrassing incident I had to go through with Gary, my hectic schedule with my drama, my upcoming expiration of contract with C-Jes Entertainment and with that my still unknown relationship with Chang Ju oppa.

What am I going to do? I thought to myself.

Do I need to talk to Chang Ju oppa first? It's not like we can talk like nothing has happened; well for sure I can't.

Frustrated I shut my eyes closed and shook my head a number of times.

"Unnie? Are you alright?" My coordi asked curiously.

"What? Oh, I'm fine. Don't mind me." I said and gave her a smile.

"Are you sure? It seemed like you were thinking so deeply. Is there something bothering you?"

"Ani. It's nothing, it's nothing."

"Song Ji hyo-ssi! The director is now calling for you." One of the staff called out.

"Alright, I'm coming!"

The filming ended late today. I was absolutely exhausted and sleepy.

"What time is it already?" I asked my coordi.

"It's two in the morning." She answered back.

When I heard what time it was, the heavier I felt my body was.

I rushed through the hallways and went to my dressing room. My coordi passed me a change of clothes and I hurriedly changed into them.

"Have you seen my manager around?" I asked.

"No unnie, I haven't seen her yet."

"Really? That's weird. She told me that she's going to pick me up."

Confused, I went to my bag and pulled out my phone. There was a message for me. It must be my manager. Automatically I keyed my password in and checked the message.

But then instead of a message from unnie, I was shocked to know that it was Gary who messaged me.

Gary: "Ji hyo-ah, if you're done with filming meet me outside, same place. :)"

A smile naturally formed on my face. I stared at my phone like a fool because of how happy I was.

Instantly, I grabbed my bag and went to the door.

"Oh unnie, you're going already? Is your manager here?"

I stopped at the door and looked back.

"Oh, yes my manager is waiting for me outside. I'll go ahead okay? Thank you for your hardwork!" I thanked her and went straight outside.

I silently made my way through the night. It was cold outside and so I tightened my jacket around me. I walked calmly in the dark.

At a corner, I saw Gary's car and I got all excited. I increased the speed of my footsteps and opened the car door.

"Ji hyo-ah, you're done with filming?" Gary asked immediately with a cute smile on.

"Oppa, why are you here? I thought unnie was going to pick me up." I asked trying to put on a simple smile hiding my oozing happiness deep inside.

"Well, she isn't. I came here instead because I know that will make you happy." He said softly. His voice was intoxicating and by that I failed to conceal the immense happiness I had.

I felt that my smile reached from ear to ear as I stared at his eyes.

Gary suddenly leaned forward and kissed me. Naturally, I closed my eyes and kissed him back.

He slowly slid his arm around my waist supporting me while his other hand went to my neck. The kissed was slow but passionate. My heart fluttered from every move of our lips.

I am happy, very happy.

When Gary broke our kiss, he looked in the eye and said, "You are my one and only lady."

My heart beat increased and again my chest tightened. He was still staring at me while I was starting lose my breath. Why is it always like this? At times like this, I feel like I'm experiencing a heart attack.

I had no choice but to close my eyes and take a deep breath to allow my heart to calm down. I slowly opened my eyes but he was still looking at me, eye to eye.

I bit my lip forcing myself to hide the smile that won't stop and looked away.

"You really sweet oppa." I finally said to him as I rested my head on the head rest and took another deep breath.

He gave out a small laugh, "Is that all you have to say to me?"

My head turned to him, "Why? Do you I have to say anything to you in particular?"

"Waaahh, Song Ji hyo you're really something." He started to laugh even more.

I looked away again embarrassed. It wasn't that I didn't want to say anything to him. It was just I didn't know what to say. His words come out naturally to him and I always get caught off guard, while my mind goes blank as always.

He started the car and I just stared out the window.

"Are you not sleepy?"

"Hmmm?"

Sleepy? I blinked repeatedly. The drowsiness was all gone.

"Oppa, I don't feel sleepy anymore because of you." I smiled.

He looked at me for a moment while he had his hand the stirring wheel. He really looked cool.

"Ji hyo-ah come here. You should sleep even for a while.You could rest your head on my shoulder." He suggested.

"Ani oppa, I'm fine." I rejected believing that if I got closer to him, the more it would make me awake.

"Ayyyy, come on don't say that." He pulled me to him using his free hand and my body was forced to get close to him.

"Oppa, be careful your driving!"

"Well, you wouldn't listen to me."

I fell silent and pouted. I then sighed and gave in. "Arasso, arasso."

I scooted myself nearer to him and gently leaned towards his shoulder.

The way home was quiet. We didn't need to talk because this was enough. We were both satisfied.

My eyes started to droop but before I let sleep take me in, I did my best to open my mouth.

"Oppa.." I voiced out carefully.

""Hmmm?"

"I forgot to say something a while ago."

"What is it?" He asked.

I gave a long pause and tried to relax.

"Saranghaeyo Kang Gary." I spoke softly.

He heard me but didn't respond yet. My eyes were really about to close but I think I saw his hands clench on the stirring wheel.

My eyes weren't cooperating with me anymore as I tried to lift the open again. There was a stingy feeling in my eyes.

"Song Ji hyo.." He said with his deep voice that I love. "Saranghaeyo."

With that my eyes gave up but now my lips curled up naturally. I pulled my arms to him and put them around his right arm.

With Gary all my worries are left behind. My mind is as clear as water and my heart is as light as feather. On days like this, I have nothing more to ask but just want time to stop forever.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Oppa, have a safe trip alright?" I said to him over the phone.

"Ji hyo-ah, I really wish you are coming together with us. It would be nice to sit beside you on the plane. Aisshh, I feel lonely already."

"Oppa... I feel the same way but I really can't go with you. I still have filming tomorrow."

"I know, I know..." He voice was sad.

"Gary oppa, don't worry I'll see you the day after tomorrow okay? I'm sure you'll have a great time in Brisbane. You might even forget me because you'll be enjoying so much." I cheered him up. "Come on, at least I can greet you personally when I see you."

"Greet me?" His tone of voice changed.

"Yes greet you because it's going to be your birthday soon."

"Ooohh, Ji hyo-ah I'm starting to miss you even more." He started to whine again.

"Oppa!! You need to go now or you might miss the flight."

"Arasso, I'll call you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay oppa, bye!"

"Love you." he said.

I grinned. "I love you too."

"It's nice to hear that." He commented and I laughed.

"Oppa, seriously. Goodbye!"

"Hehehe, okay goodbye!" He said.

I placed my phone on top of the drawer beside me and hopped on bed and snuggled under my blanket. I had an early schedule tomorrow for filming because I needed to leave the EMW set late in the afternoon to prepare for my flight to Australia too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I reached the airport and one of the PDs was waiting for me.

"Good evening Ji hyo-ssi. Here's your ticket."

"Thank you." I looked at the ticket and saw that we were bound for Melbourne at 21:05. I looked at my watch. I've got roughly three hours before we leave.

"Let's go in." The PD assisted.

There weren't so many people in the airport tonight which made me feel comfortable. While I was waiting for the boarding time, my phone vibrated. It was Gary.

I stood up from my seat to look for a silent corner where no one could see and disturb me.

"Unnie, where are you going?" It was my coordi that asked.

"I'm just going to take this call. It won't take long, I'll just be over there if you need me." I told her.

"Hello oppa?" I answered.

"Ji hyo-ah thank God I was able to call before you left."

"Yes, you're right but I'm leaving in few minutes."

"Really? Then I'll be seeing you soon then." His voice got excited.

"Yes, you will. How is everyone there?"

"Daebak! Australia is such a beautiful place. We've rode helicopters again and I've even touched a Kangaroo today!" He happily reported to me.

"Wow! That's awesome. See, you had a great time."

"I know. But it certainly feels different without you filming with us."

"Ohhhh, that's so sweet. Send everyone my regards okay?"

"Sure, will do. The guys are going crazy downstairs. They're playing in the pool right now and I can hear them screaming from my room."

"Looks like everyone's having a great time. I'm so excited to visit Australia!!" I cheered.

"Ji hyo-ssi!" Someone called out from behind. It was one of the staff.

"Oppa, I need to go now. We're boarding the plane."

"Ah, arasso. Bye Ji hyo. Have a safe trip."

"Okay oppa, bye."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melbourne is amazing. Everything is wonderful. Great landmarks, friendly people, and most especially delicious food. I've been eating so much the whole day as my challenge and I'm having such an awesome time.

I was now waiting for all the members to arrive at the Royal Exhibition. Slowly by slowly each team arrives to the final location and I happily greet them with hugs and bows then explained to them the next thing they need to do.

When finally Gary and Haha arrived at the location, I couldn't help but smile. The both of them came running to me but my eyes were only at Gary.

He opened his arms and I did the same. I hugged him tightly and whispered "Happy Birthday oppa."

He replied with a soft thank you.

"Yah, yah I want a hug too." Haha interupted, reminding us that we were still filming.

We let go of each other and I gave Haha oppa his hug.

I really wanted Gary's team to win because it was his birthday. When Rain started to pull me to the stage, I tried to pull back. I saw Gary was following us and he was trying to stop Rain from winning.

But Rain's hold on me was tight and if I won't give in, I would most certainly fall. We were so close to the stage now and I had no choice but to step up the stairs. Ultimately, Rain and Jong Kook oppa won the game.

"Oppa it's too bad you didn't win today." I told Gary as I walked beside him.

"Nah, it's fine. Just seeing, talking and holding you is enough for me." He said as he reached for my hand.

"Oppa! What are you doing?!" I shook his hand away from mine and I looked around us to see if anyone was watching us.

"Yah! It's not only us here right now. You should be careful." I warned him.

"Oh come on, no one is watching us. Just let me hold your hand for a while. It's my birthday, can't you do it for me." He pleaded.

"Oppa.... please don't force me. We can't let more people know about us."

His face turned to disappointment. "Oppa?"

"Yes, I get it, I get it. Don't worry." He said and started walking ahead of me.

"Are you mad?" I asked when I caught up with him.

"No I'm not. Why should I be mad?" He replied with a monotonous tone. But the sign that said "MAD" was written all over his face. He was one of those people who obviously can't lie.

"Oppa, what do you want me to do? What do you want me to say? Do you want me to apologize?" I questioned him.

But he didn't answer nor look at me. He just went forward towards the other team members.

Dinner was fun. Gary was treating the whole RM team to celebrate his birthday. All of us, members, were seated on one long table together with the two guests. The staff and crew had separate tables for themselves behind us.

I, as usual, sat beside Gary. After the Running Man members knew about our relationship, they would allow us to sit beside each other, though of course not all the time to avoid suspicions from other people around us.

Gary didn't talk much to me during dinner. Once in a while he would say or ask something but then would start another conversation with other oppas.

"Gary hyung, you and Ji hyo noona really look good together. Are you really not dating each other?" Woo bin asked curiously.

"What?" I spoke first.

"Woo bin-ah, no they're just really close. But actually Ji hyo isn't just close to Gary. She's close to everyone here. She doesn't care to show her true self around us, which sometimes is disturbing." Jae suk oppa covered for us, teasingly.

Everyone started laughing. "Yah Jae suk oppa! What do you mean disturbing?!" I interjected.

"Yes, me and Ji hyo-ah are just really really good friends." Gary continued as he tapped my shoulder.

"Ji hyo-ah what is your gift for Gary's birthday?" Haha suddenly asked.

"Oh gift?!" I answered surprisingly. I looked at Gary beside me and he was also looking back at me, waiting for my answer. Should I say it? But I don't want them know. What should I say instead?

"OOOOOHHHHHH...." The men started to tease when I took time raking something out of my brain to say to them.

"Yah, yah, yah. What did you prepare for him Ji hyo? Come on tell us. Don't be shy." Haha continued to force it out me.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I was starting to get irritated. Why can't they just leave me and Gary alone? I glanced at Gary and was smiling at them. Well, it's a good thing his enjoying my embarrassment right now.

"Hey, Ji hyo noona has been really busy these days because of her drama. She must had no time shopping for birthday gifts." Kwang soo finally covered for me and I was thankful.

"Yeah you're right. Ji hyo sometimes is forgetful. She might even had forgotten that today was Gary's birthday." Haha continued to joke around so that Rain and Woo bin wouldn't be suspicious.

"Let's ask Gary instead." Haha oppa contined. "Gary, it seems like Ji hyo doesn't have a gift for you yet. What do you want to ask from her?"

Everyone fell silent and it felt awkard for a minute. Again Kwang soo was the one who talked first breaking the silence. "I know what Gary hyung wants, just a kiss from noona will do. Right hyung?!" Everyone started to cheer.

"Yah! Kwang soo!" I yelled as I stood up from my seat. He was just right infront of me and so I smacked him on the head with my hand. "Stop talking nonsense!" I warned him.

"I'm sorry noona, I'm sorry noona." He said laughingly as I sat back down.

"So, we're still waiting Gary-ah for your answer." Jong kook oppa was the one who spoke this time.

"Ask? Come on, I won't ask anything from her. If she doesn't want to give me anything then it's fine. If she does give me something then I'll accept whole heartedly." Gary finally responded with a smile.

"Waaaaahhh!" Everyone clapped and cheered again. "Gary-ah you're such a gentleman." Ji suk jin commented.

I just gave out a smile after hearing him talk. He really is so sweet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was washing up in my hotel room when I heard a light knock on my door. I looked through the peephole to see who it was.

I opened the door immediately and Gary entered my room.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to see you."

"Actually I was going to go to your room in a while but since your here now, it's even better."

"Oh? Why were you suppose to go to my room?"

"Well, I was supposed to give you my birthday gift for you. I couldn't give it in front of everyone else."

"What is it? What is it?" He said excitingly.

"Oppa, are you not mad at me anymore?" I asked.

"What? Mad? Oh no Ji hyo, I just felt disappointed a while ago but now that's all gone." He said as he approached me. "I'm sorry if you were worried about me."

"Ani oppa, I'm glad that you're fine. I was actually bothered that I may have ruined your mood on your birthday."

He immediately wrapped his arms around and said, "Ji hyo-ah, you will never ruin my mood. Without you I can never be happy. I'm really sorry for making you feel that way."

"No oppa, it's really fine. I'm okay. Now, do you want to see my gift for you?" I suggested.

He looked down at me and he answered with a nod.

I went to my bag, pulled out a small box and gave it to him. "Happy birthday Kang Gary!"

"Oh, thank you so much Ji hyo." He slowly lifted the cover of the small box and his eyes widened.

"I know you don't accessorize much but I wanted to give you a ring. Look I have one too!"  I showed him the ring I was wearing.

"Wow! I don't know what to say. I didn't know you were so into things like couple rings."

"Oh I'm not, but it just felt something good that we have something we both have."

He pulled out the gold ring and placed it in his palm. "But there's more!" I yelped. "Look inside." I instructed him.

He held the ring between his fingers and squinted his eyes. Once he knew what was written, he looked at me with a big smile.

"Ji hyo-ah I love it. You're amazing!!"

"I'm glad you like it oppa!" I exclaimed and gave him a hug.

Both our rings were engraved with this : KHG ❤️ CSI

"Of course I love it! But do you know what's the best gift I've received this year?" He asked as he pulled me to sit on the edge of the bed while he remained standing in front of me.

"What?" My eyebrows smashed as I looked up to see his face.

"You, Cheong Sung Im!" 

My mind went blank again. I didn't know what to respond. Wait, did I hear him right? Me?

"Ji hyo-ah your putting on your mong face again." He chuckled for a second and then tucked my hair behind my left ear. 

"You're the best gift I've ever received in my life." He continued.

"Do you really mean that oppa?" I breathed out.

"Of course, my heart only beats for you." He replied as he bent down to cup my cheek with his hand. 

"Oppa, Happy birthday." I greeted him once last time with a smile.

He leaned closer to me and we finally sealed our night with a kiss.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Ji hyo-ah, have you heard anything from Chang Ju-ssi?" My manager asked while we were having a break from filming EMW.

"Chang Ju oppa? Nope, nothing. Wae?"

"Well, he asked me about your schedule a couple of days ago. I think his planning something."

"Oh, is that so? Well, he didn't call me yet."

"Okay, but just be prepared. I'm sure he'll call you soon."

"Arasso unnie, don't worry about me so much okay?"

"Alright, alright." She replied. 

I then moved closer to her and whispered, "Unnie, oppa is going to pick me up today, okay?"

"Yes, yes I know. Why? Do you want me to leave already?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Ani unnie, that's not what I meant." I giggled.

"Okay, I'll be leaving in a few minutes anyway." 

As usual, Gary waited for me at the same spot. We went straight to his restaurant after filming to have dinner together. Once again, he prepared so many delicious food for me and I absolutely enjoyed every dish on the table.

"Waahh, my mong ji really loves to eat." 

"Oppa, I'm really starving these days. My schedule for filming is really tough. We don't get to have enough time to eat sometimes."

"Yah, that's awful. Here you should eat more." He said as he pushed more side dishes to me.

I smiled at him and started eat everything my eyes fell on.

Suddenly my phone rang. 

"Oppa, can you pass me my bag behind you?" He turned his back and gave it to me.

I searched for my phone inside my messy bag and checked the ID caller. It said, "Chang ju oppa".

Unnie was right. I looked at Gary who was sitting in front of me.

"What? What's wrong? Who's calling?" He asked curiously.

"It's Chang Ju oppa." I said.

"You don't want to answer it?"

I looked at my phone again, took a deep breath and pressed answer.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Ji hyo-ah, it's been a long time since I've heard from you."

"Well, I guess so. Why are you calling?" I immediately asked. I didn't want him to give an opportunity to beat around the bush.

"Oh, well.. I'm just wondering if you're busy tonight. I want to talk to you about something. Can you come meet me?"

I stared blankly at the food on the table. My heart started to worry and I suddenly got scared again. What should I do? What should I do? I was lost with words.

I remembered Gary was in the room and instantly my gaze went to him. I stared at his eyes asking and seeking for help. Please help me oppa. Please help.

-------------------------------------------------------

If you have an IG account please do follow me. Just search: welovesongjihyo

Thanks!