Chapter 3: Burning Desires

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

(Continuation of Gary's narration of the past)

Kang Gary's POV

Whenever we had a shooting for RM, I sometimes take a look at Ji Hyo. She still had that cute smile and simple look and it seems that everything is fine with her and her new boyfriend. They must be doing okay.

Sometimes, she comes on set and looks so tired and so I go to her and ask her if anything is wrong but she always just answers back with, "No, I'm fine oppa. Thanks for your concern." And then I leave her alone.

Well, since she was doing fine with her knew found love life, I too did my own love searching. I acquainted myself with other girls and gone out on dates but there was always something missing.

The girls I've met weren't close to Ji hyo to whom I can speak to normally and laugh out confidently. They were just not good enough compared to Ji Hyo.

Because of my frustrations and failed attempt to find my own true love, I focused my attention to writing songs and managing my restaurant.

Everything was going well with my business and me and Gil were able to launch a new Album entitled "Asula Balbalta". Everyone loved the song, "Turned off the TV" and many gave great compliments about it. I was happy that I was able make my fans happy and I was completely satisfied with it.

Months continued to pass and I felt even better and lighter. Filming RM wasn't that difficult anymore and I was once again enjoying the fun with all the members' company.

Then one day, Ji hyo arrived on the set with her eyes red and all puffy. Everyone was worried and curious about her. The PDs even told her to go home and rest and that she didn't need to push herself for the filming. But she insisted and stayed.

Actually we all heard rumors that Ji Hyo and Chang Ju weren't doing so great recently. But I didn't know that their problem could be that serious. I haven't seen Ji hyo cry that much ever.

I approached to Ji hyo after she was done talking to the PD. "Ji hyo-ah, what's wrong? Did you and Chang Ju fight? Did he hurt you or anything? Tell me Ji hyo-ah. Oppa will do anything for you."

"Oppa, it's okay. I'm fine. I can handle this on my own, you don't have to worry." She said.

"But.." I said back to her.

"Really Oppa, it's okay." She reassured me.

"Oh, alright. But if there's anything you need or anyone you would like to talk to just call oppa and I will be there for you. Arasso?"

She nodded in response. "Yes, oppa gumawo." And then showed a weak smile and went towards her trailer.

I was absolutely shocked on how she looked. I wanted to help her but as she just said she didn't needed me. And so I just stared at her lonely back as she walked farther and farther away from me.

The next night, I layed down on my bed and stared at my phone. I really wanted to text Ji Hyo if she was fine. We didn't talk again after filming yesterday and I'm still worried about her. 

But I still needed to be cautious so that I won't go overboard with my actions so I just threw my phone beside me and just gave out a long sigh.

A few minutes passed and as my eyes were about to close, my phone started to ring and I immediately grabbed it. 

I stared at the name of the ID caller. It was Song Ji Hyo! Instantly I got out of bed and answered the call.

"Hello, Ji hyo? Are you alright? Why are you calling me this late at night?" 

"Gary oppa" Ji hyo responded but her voice sounded weird.

"Yah Ji hyo-ah, are you drunk? Where are you? Oppa will come and get you!" I answered back at her.

"Oppa, I'm in the park near my apartment." She said to me weakly.

"Arasso, I'll go there. Ji hyo-ah wait for me okay? Don't do anything foolish okay. I'll be there soon."

I immediately cut off the call, grabbed my coat and car keys and hurriedly went downstairs. I drove as fast as I can towards Ilsan. I don't know where she actually lives but I know her neighborhood quite well. I searched for the park that was close to her place on the navigator and found it.

As I reached the park, the place was so dark and only few lamp posts were on. I searched for Ji hyo calling out her name with a small voice so as to not disturb other people. 

From a far, I saw a shadow of a person on one of the benches. I ran to it as fast as I could. 

"Ji hyo, is that you?!" I said. 

It was really Ji hyo. She was lying on the bench and was mumbling some words but I wasn't able to hear them.

"Yah, Ji hyo. What happened? Why are you out here alone?" I grabbed her by her shoulders and asked.

"Gary oppa" she said.

"Ji hyo-ah, oppa is here now. You don't need to worry anymore." I replied back.

Ji hyo looked at me and said "Gary oppa, I'm so tired. Me and Chang Ju oppa broke up. My head hurts so much. And my heart hurts so much too. Can you make it all go away?" She said as she placed her hand over her heart and with tears continously falling from her eyes. 

She was absolutely drunk. Her cheeks were pink and her eyes were red and swollen from all the crying she did.

I was devastated. And by then all my emotions and feelings towards her came back in an instant. All the months I tried to forget about her were just useless. She was in front of me, crying and hurt. I wanted to hug her tightly and never let her go. I really wanted to.

But I knew I shouldn't take advantage of her since she was vulnerable at the moment.

"Oppa, please make all the pain go away!" She continued and she threw her arms around me.

"Ji hyo-ah, it will be okay. You will be alright. I am here for you. You are a strong woman and you will get through this no matter what. Okay?" I rubbed her back and I couldn't help it but I started to cry silently with her. It was absolutely painful watching the girl I love hurting so much and I almost couldn't take it anymore.

"Ji hyo, let me take you home okay? Can you tell me where you live? Where is your apartment?" 

It was no use. She kept on crying and she couldn't answer me properly. I decided to call her manager so that I can take her home.

"Ji hyo-ah" I said as I pulled her arms around me so that I could see her face. "I'll call your manager okay? Come here lie down on my lap for a while so that you can rest." She rested her head on my lap and started to calm down. 

I took my phone out and searched for her manager's number. Good thing I had her number, I didn't know that I would be calling her at a time like this. I checked the time before I called her manager. It was 10:35pm she probably must be awake. I started calling her and the phone on the other end rang.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hello?, noona this is Kang Gary."

"Oh, Gary why are you calling me this late? Is there something wrong?"

"Uhm, actually it's about Ji hyo-ah."

"What?! What happened to her?"

"Oh no, nothing bad happened to her noona. It's just that she's drunk right now and were at the park near her apartment. I wanted to take her home but I actually don't know where she lives.."

Her manager understood immediately and said, "Oh I got it, I'll be right there Gary. Please wait for a while. I'll be going there right away."

"Okay noona, thank you."

"Okay, bye." she said and turned off the call.

I was relieved that her manager was coming. At least I'll be able to take her home safely tonight. 

I kept my phone away and then looked at Ji hyo who was already sleeping soundly. She really looked cute when she was asleep and I smiled a little. I slowly took off my coat and gently placed it on top of her as a blanket.

Ji hyo was absolutely beautiful even if she was sleeping. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I slowly bent forward towards her ear.

"Song Ji hyo, sarangaeyo." I whispered softly. "Ji hyo-ah, I will always love you no matter and I'll wait for you even if it will take me forever."

"Kang Gary loves you so much and I hope I can say this in front of you next time."

(End of narration)

 

Thanks everyone! I'll end this chapter here. How was it? Any comments? hehe I'll be posting the next chapter soon.