Chapter 19: Rain makes me remember of Pain

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Kang Gary's POV

(continuation of flashback)

After what Ji hyo told me of what Baek Chang Ju-ssi did to her, I was determined to speak to him and straighten things out.

He shouldn't touch her again or else I go berserk if she gets hurt again.

I drive straight to the cafe that Chang Ju-ssi suggested. It was raining cats and dogs at this hour and the traffic was building up. I wanted to arrive thirty minutes before our meeting time to settle down but I guess that's not possible anymore.

As I reached the café, I parked my car in a corner and got out. The café had only one customer in it, probably because of the weather, but of course that's good news for me. 

As I opened the door, immediately the strong aroma of brewed coffee welcomed me. Ohhh, this is a place for Ji hyo... I smiled remembering her; she loves coffee very much. Maybe I'll bring her here someday...

It was warm very different from how it felt outside. The place was decorated with comfy furniture and walls with paintings on them. The aura felt very cozy and relaxing. Those who love to take some time and even read some books would love this great place. 

Probably I can write some songs often here too.

"Excuse me.." A young waitress came to me.

"Yes?" 

"We have a room prepared for you at the back. Baek Chang Ju-ssi will be arriving here in a few minutes.

"What? I mean really? He prepared a room?" 

"Yes, he just called in a while ago."

"Oh alright, thank you. But uhmm... is he a regular here?" I got curious.

The young lady gave me a smile and then said. "He owns this place."

My mouth fell open. Now that explains all of this. Well, if he had a café then most likely he would want to meet me here. I guess this would then probably be my first and last visit of this café. 

I thanked the waitress for informing me and I was led to a small private room at the back. 

After she left, I pulled out my phone to check the time. If we finish here within one hour just as planned, I can go pick up Ji hyo from her filming just in time.

I was about to send her a message to see how she was doing when the door suddenly opened. 

"Please prepare us two cups of coffee in here." Chang Ju ssi ordered them.

He was wearing a light blue long sleeve polo and black slacks. I was wearing my usual style; a favorite shirt, a pair of jeans and sneakers.

His shoulders were drenched from the rain and he was holding onto a towel in his hand. He must have forgotten his umbrella.

"Hello Gary ssi" He greeted me with a bow. Naturally I stood up and greeted him back with a polite bow.

"I'm sorry to have keep you waiting."

"No it's fine. I haven't been waiting for that long anyway. I was surprised to know that you own this place."

He gave out a chuckle and gestured to let me sit down.

"Well, only a few knows about this place so it would be a given that you wouldn't be aware about it."

"I guess so. I didn't know you loved coffee that much either."

"Oh actually it wasn't my idea to put up a café, it was Ji...." He paused.

Instantly one name came up in my mind.

This place is making me even more uneasy by the minute.

"Was it Ji hyo's idea?" I was the one asked him.

He hesitated but eventually told the truth. "Yes, it was. She convinced me to make a café when we were still dating. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to be uncomfortable about this place."

A light knock came from the door and one of the waitresses brought in the coffee.

"It's alright. I was the one who brought up the topic anyway."

"Please try it." He said directing his hand to the coffee in front of me.

I brought the cup to my mouth and slowly took a sip.

It smelled amazing and it was really delicious. 

But one thing came up in mind. It was absolutely Ji hyo's taste of coffee. I wonder why she didn't tell me about this café.

I slowly put back down the cup.

"Since were already on that topic. Might as well just get straight to the point."

Chang Ju-ssi also placed his cup of coffee back on the table and nodded.

"I heard from Ji hyo of what you did to her." I went straight at it.

His face fell blank but he continued to look at me. 

"She told you?"

"Of course she told me. What do you think? She was absolutely devastated. And I'm really upset of what you did." I felt God was helping me; the words just keeps flowing out of me...

His eyes fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry of what had happened, I really am. I wasn't thinking straight. And I actually thought that she wasn't seeing anyone because I had no news about it."

"Well, only a few knows that we are dating, so it's a given that you would have been aware about us." I said it right back at him.

"But even so, how could you do that to her? She had a hard time moving on after your break-up and then this happened. You've hurt her but you know what she said about you when I went mad about it? She was actually defending you even if what she felt was pain. Even if you did such a horrible thing, she still told me to leave you alone though she was crying her heart out. That's how good she is." I was now ranting non-stop. Wow, I'm in a roll... I was actually happy inside. I didn't know I was brave enough to speak up to him.

His eyes went back to mine after I spoke.

"I'm really sorry. I'm really sorry. I wish I can do something to make it up to her."

I tried to calm down and slowly thought of what he just said.

"The only thing you can do for now is just leave her alone and give her some space. Let me take care of everything. She'll be fine with me." I said it proudly and firmly.

Chang Ju-ssi went silent again and he was in deep thought. After about a minute he finally spoke.

"I don't think I can do that."

"What?" Now, I didn't expect that kind of answer.

"What do you mean by that? Do you still want to get back with Ji hyo? Do you still have feelings for her?" 

He shook his head.

"No, no that's not what I mean."

"I have no plans of getting back together with her. But I'm sorry to say this but I don't want you to have a relationship with you.

"What?!" 

"Why? I don't understand your point? You don't have any feelings for her but you don't want me to date her?"

"Okay, please listen carefully. I am now speaking in front of you as one of Ji hyo's managers. Song Ji hyo is one of our important clients in our company. It is my responsibility to handle her affairs with utmost care for her future as an actress, model and host. Though I may not say too much to you but for things to be clearer... We have already prepared so much for her to do for this year. We get calls and appointments almost everyday for Ji hyo to either to take a role, model for them, or even come on a show as a guest. Her new drama has opened doors for her to work internationally and we are currently arranging her schedules for it. So you see... I don't want you to disrupt everything that we are doing for Ji hyo. You do understand that right?"

I believe I was in a state of shock. No words can explain how I felt.

"Gary-ssi I'm not going against you two but I'm just asking you to please be patient. We may not get another opportunity for Ji hyo to grow and be known even more worldwide. This is our chance."

"But.... have you spoken to Ji hyo about this? About all of this?" I rumbled.

"I have spoken to the manager in-charge of her and she might have told a few things to her about it. We are even thinking to add another manager to stick with Ji hyo through her busy schedules."

I took a deep breath, sighed and touched my forehead. My head started to feel heavy. After I felt ready to talk, I asked him,

"So what do you want me to do? Break up with her?" 

He looked at me straight in the eye and said a big "Yes".

My eyes widen from his response and I started to shake my head.

"No, no, no, I can't break up with her. No, I WON'T break up her."

"Gary-ssi.."

"You don't understand. You don't know anything at all." I stood up and went towards the door. I can't stay even a second in this room anymore. I needed to go out.

"Kang Gary-ssi wait.. please listen.."

"No, I need to leave. I can't do what you are telling me to do." At that point I was already turning the knob and ready to leave but then he said,

"You love her right?" The question made me frozen at the door. So his aiming with this right now. 

"I know you love her. So please think about it properly." I stayed still for a while confused on what to do next. I finally found the strength to move and swiftly swung the door open and I went out.

"Think about her career!! Think about her future!!" I heard Chang Ju-ssi yell at me but I just continued to storm out and into the pouring rain.

(end of flashback)