Chapter 10: He did what?!

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

"Ji hyo-ah wake up. We're here." I heard Gary's voice and opened my eyes. My eyes felt heavy but I forced myself to wake up.

"Gumawo oppa. It's really late now, you should go home and rest already." I said as I took off my seat belt.

"Yah, don't worry about me. But do you really think your manager's still awake?"

"Yes oppa, why?"

"I just thought maybe it was best that I brought you home instead and not here."

"Yah, don't worry about me either. I'm really happy that you brought me here."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I assured him.

"Oppa, thank you so much for tonight." I said as I opened my door.

I grabbed my bag and got out of his car.

"Wait Ji hyo-ah." Gary called out from inside the car.

"Wae oppa?" I said as bent my back forward to look inside the car holding the ridges of the door tightly.

I looked at his face but it was expressionless. Was there something wrong?

"Oppa...?"

I guess he noticed my worried expression and voice since he slowly gave out a smile.

He shook his head left and right.

"It's nothing, I just wanted to see your face one last time." he said to me as his smile grew.

I laughed at his words. "Oppa stop kidding around, it's really getting late. You really should go home already." Then I continued to laugh.

"Ji hyo-ah." His tone suddenly changed and my heart jumped.

I just kept silent and looked at his eyes as he was staring back at me.

"Ji hyo, sarangaeyo." He said and I think I went deaf again. My eyes widened and my throat felt dry. I started to feel a tingling sensation over my chest.

But then Gary started to laugh instead. "Yah Mong Ji hyo, you don't need to look at me that way."

I suddenly felt embarrassed. I already felt that my cheeks were burning up. "I'm sorry oppa, it's just that I'm still not used to hearing it from you yet." I said then faced down, staring at the passenger's seating.

He was quiet for a while. But then he asked, "Are you not going to say it back?" His tone came back as the normal Gary. 

I just made a smile and looked at him again.

"Hmmm, may be not tonight." I said jokingly. "Good night oppa!" I continued but before I closed the door I gave him a wink and I saw his shocked expression.

I ran immediately into the building without looking back. As I reached to the elevator, my heart was still jumping like crazy. I got in to the elevator and quickly pressed the fifth button.

I rang the doorbell twice on the door of unnie. She opened the door and I was right, she was still awake.

"Unnie.."

"Yah, Ji hyo. Why are you here this late?" She asked with a face full of shock.

The wind was blowing coldly as it hit us softly making me wrap my arms around myself.

"Hurry and come in, it's really cold tonight." She said as she pulled me into her apartment.

I went towards the living room and sat on her couch immediately.

"Ji hyo-ah, why are you here? You should have called me before you came? Why? Is there something wrong? Did you come all by your self here?" My manager kept bombarding me questions. I guess she really is like a mom to me.

"Unnie, can please come down for a while? There's nothing wrong okay? And Gary oppa was the one drove me here."

"You were with Gary? Why were with him?" Another set of questions just came rambling out and she stared at my eyes accusingly like I did something terribly wrong.

"Unnie, why are you looking at me that way? We didn't do anything. What's wrong with you?" I defended myself.

"Yah, you promised me this morning that you won't do anything stupid right?"

"Yes I did and I just want you to trust me alright unnie?"

She didn't say anything. She just continued to keep her eyes on mine looking for signs that could tip her off that I was lying. But was I lying? I don't think so.

"Unnie, actually the reason I came here is that we had some unfinished business this morning." I interjected before she could say anything.

"Unfinished business?" Her eyebrows smashed against each other as she asked.

"Yes, you didn't tell me about what and when you and Gary talked."

She suddenly bursts into laughter and slowly sat at another couch near me.

"Yah, you came all the way here to ask me that? You're really weird Ji hyo." She said and continued to laugh.

"What's so funny? Well, actually I should have met you earlier but then something came up." I said as I moved my gaze towards the floor.

She instantly understood what I meant. "You mean 'Gary' came up?" She teased.

I didn't say anything but just bit my lower lip. She was right about Gary and I couldn't think of anything to say to hide it.

"Yah, unnie can't you just tell me what it was? I even asked Gary oppa but he didn't tell me anything also. What are you two hiding anyway?"

"Wow, you even asked Gary? You really desperate, aren't you Ji hyo-ah?"

I didn't respond to that.

Desperate. Am I? I honestly don't know why I'm being like this. Like I said, I believe I'm not myself these days.

"Well if it's really just nothing then just say it to me right now so that we can finished this and I can sleep in peace tonight."

"You're so stubborn, you know?" My manager said but I didn't respond to her comment. I was eagerly waiting for her to finally speak up.

"Ji hyo-ah do you remember the day you broke up with your ex-boyfriend?"

Was she talking about Chang Ju oppa? Just remembering his name pissed me off. I suddenly felt a piercing feeling deep in my heart. All the ticklish and loving feeling I had a while ago was gone. And now I could feel the pain once again of the wound that was still healing in my heart. I was starting to feel emotional again but I forced myself to stop thinking and looked straight back at unnie.

But why was unnie bringing up such painful memories?

"Yes, I do. But why are you asking? Why is he in our conversation tonight?" I answered her back as quickly as possible.

"You got drunk that night, didn't you?"

Drunk? I tried to remember what happened exactly the night we broke up but it was actually blurry. All I could remember was that the week we broke up, all I did was cry and drink. I was so stressed out that I wasn't able to remember my schedules properly. How could I remember that evening if almost every night I got drunk as well?

"I got drunk the night I broke up with oppa?" I asked.

"Oh yessss, you did." Unnie replied but her tone was playful. She gave a smile. Her eyes were staring at me; it was like it shouted "and you did something awful!!" Her gaze gave me shivers.

Oh God! If I got drunk the night we broke up, I must have done something embarrasing. My mind was going crazy. What did I do exactly?

"Unnie.." I tried to speak. "Unnie, I did something that night right?" 

I was already expecting a laugh from her but what she gave me was smile so scary that waiting for her to say something felt like torture.

"Unnie you're so mean! Just tell me already. It's been months since he and I broke up. I don't get it why you are bringing this up again. I'm over him but why are you...." Weren't we talking about their talk with Gary but how come it led to this topic?

Then it hit me. How can I be this stupid? I didn't feel good and I didn't like the idea of how this conversation was going. Oh God!  Of course it has to do something with Gary.

I felt defeated. I bowed my head down and just played with my hands.

I gave out a heavy sigh and asked slowly, "Unnie what did I actually do that night?"  

"You really want to know?" She warned me and I looked at her face again. She still had her glaring smile on.

I gulped and said, "Yes, I do." I have to hear it. It's now or never. 

"Okay." She said as she positioned her self properly on her seat.

"The night you broke up with him you called Gary."

"I called him?" I asked. Well calling him wasn't so bad, but that depends on what I said to him.

"And then he came to look for you."

"What?! I called him and then we met?"

Unnie started to laugh. "Yes, you did Ji hyo."

"Unnie why are you laughing? This is serious!" I yelled. But it didn't help, she just kept laughing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry Ji hyo." She said under her laugh. "Well nothing really happened much, all you did was cry in front him." She continued.

"I did what?!"

"And you even slept on his lap." 

My eyes grew in shock. I'm such a fool aren't I? You really are crazy Ji hyo, you're crazy, you're crazy. I fought with myself at the same time hitting my head with my fist over and over again. Maybe I could hit some sense into it.

"And you know?" she continued.

Oh great, of course there's more. Now I feel like dying from embarrassment.

"Gary even carried you home."

"He did what?!!" I shouted. Unnie started to laugh again after seeing my expression. I burried my face with my hands. I don't think I can see Gary again. I'm so ashamed of what I did. Yah Ji hyo! See what you did? And you can't even remember it.

'Gary even carried you home.' My manager's voice rang inside my head again. "Aish!!" I snicked and scratched my head making my hair messy.

Wait... did she just say home?

"Unnie, did you just say he carried me home? What do you mean by home exactly?"

"Omo!" She gasped and covered with her hand. "You shouldn't have heard that. I guessed it slipped through my mouth since I was so excited to tell you about it."

"So you mean to say that Gary knows where I live now?" 

"I'm sorry Ji hyo-ah."

"Aishh, unnie why did you tell him where I lived?

"Well, I couldn't carry all by myself upto your apartment without his help you were already sleeping and you wouldn't wake up."

I got up from seat immediately. I can't believe this, I've embarrassed myself in front of Gary and now he even knows where I live now. I was so flustered that I couldn't take it anymore. I started to march towards the extra room where I usually sleep. 

"Yah Ji hyo-ah! Where are you going?" Unnie asked as I turned my back towards her.

I didn't answer nor turned to looked at her. I just continued to storm into the room and closed the door behind me. I ran towards the bed and laid on it. I placed my arm to cover my eyes and gave out a long sigh.

Today was absolutely exhausting. What am I going to do now? I really don't know. I'm just really stupid aren't I?

I took my arm away and started to stare at the ceiling as if answers were going to show up if I stared long enough. Well of course, if that would actually happen it will be absolutely creepy.

I sighed again and decided to close my eyes. I remembered all the things that happen today. From the time I met Gary before our shooting, the game with the spoons with him saying the commands, him knocking on the door of my dressing room, him dragging me towards his car, Gary staring at my eyes and said that he loves me and me hugging him, I running from him away on the street and him grabbing my arm and hugging me from the back, Gary crying and says he was sorry, I saying to him that I love him too, and us watching the beautiful view, our Monday Couple view. 

I started to smile by myself. I still think the name's too cheesy but that's just how Gary is. 

I then started to remember the feeling when oppa held my hand, how he held me tightly from the back, the way he pulled me back into his arms and I pulled away from him, the stare in his eyes that showed me many emotions without even saying a single word, his voice as he said my name, and the feeling I felt when he said he loves me again in the car.

The tingling sensation across my chest came back and I giggled covering myself with the covers. I forced myself to sleep that night hoping that I could see oppa again in my dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up because of the heat of the sun that was passing through the window of the room. I squirmed around the bed for a while but then decided to finally get up. I should be going home to my apartment soon. 

I slowly opened the door peaking outside to see if unnie was already awake. I heard something coming from the kitchen and went towards the sound. 

"Unnie?"

"Oh Ji hyo-ah you finally awake. Thank God! Here breakfast is ready. You have to eat and leave soon."

I dragged myself towards the dining table and the smell of the food unnie prepared was absolutely mouth watering.

"Wahh! This is amazing. I really love to eat anything unnie cooks." I said to her.

"I know, that's why I made all your favorites today. I'm sure you were tired last night." She said reminding me again of what she told me last night.

"Okay let's eat Ji hyo before the food gets cold."

I excitingly sat and we started to dig in everything on the table. My manager didn't start any conversation and so did I. It was actually a bit awkward.

But then she finally broke the silence by asking, "Ji hyo can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure unnie." I said as I ate a spoonful of rice in my mouth.

"Why were you with Gary late at night yesterday?" Her question made me choke a little.

I grabbed a glass of water and swallowed everything that was in my mouth. 

"Uhhmm.." I started but then I didn't know what to say. 

"Actually unnie.." I said as I placed the spoon back on the table. How should I explain everything that happened last night.

"Last night.. Gary.. uhm.. he said.." I was stuttering the words. I was confused on how and where to start. But unnie was patient enough to quietly listen and wait for me.

The words in my head were jumbled up and I decided to go with the easiest thing as possible.

"Gary said he loves me last night." I blurted out the words as fast a I can.

"He did what?! He said that he loves you? Wow! Daebak! I didn't know he had that kind of courage. I guess he was really serious about you."

"What do you mean unnie?"

"Oh nothing, but then what did you say? How did you respond to it?"

I was hesitant to say more to unnie but I was sure she needed to know. She needs to hear it from me.

"Unnie... I said.. I love him too." 

My manager's mouth dropped. She was in shock. Of course she should be.

"Did I hear it right Ji hyo? You said that you love him too?" I answered with a nod.

"Omo! I think this is going way too fast. How can you..? Are you sure about this Ji hyo?" Her expression changed from shock to worry.

I didn't say anything. She suddenly became quiet as well. I wasn't feeling hungry anymore and I felt of leaving her apartment already.

"Ji hyo, are you really sure you love him?" She brought up the question again. 

I curled my hands under the table and I closed my eyes. Do I love Kang Gary? I asked myself.

I opened my eyes and looked through hers, "Yes I do unnie. I love Gary." I said to her strongly.

"Alright, I understand. But I think we have to discuss about this more. You know that I'm just really worried about you right?"

"Yes, unnie and I'm really thankful because you always look out for me."

"Okay, I guess this would be enough for this morning. That was some surprise. Let's just finish breakfast so that I can take you home."

We finished our breakfast and I helped her wash the dishes.

When she was done preparing to leave we went to her car and she drove me home. 

"Thank you unnie for taking me home."

"Of course no problem. Ji hyo I want you to be happy but I don't want you to make any rush decisions also okay. Think about it properly. I know I can trust you right?"

"Yes unnie, I understand."

I got off from her car and went up to my floor. As I was approaching my door. I saw something outside on the door mat. As I came closer I easily figured it out that there were flowers. But flowers? Who would place it here in my doorstep.

There was a note with it and I opened it.

"I love you Song Ji Hyo and I will never get tired of saying it to you."

Love,

K. G.

 

My heart just melted away instantly.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, that's the end of Chapter 11. What do you think about the flowers Gary sent Ji hyo? ;) 

Anyways, I'm really sorry for updating late been busy lately but this chapter was another long one, right?  I promise to update as soon as possible. Thank you everyone :)

And oh, for those who noticed the picture before the start of the chapter. It's one of the pictures from RM doodles. I really am a fan of RM doodles. There just so cute!! Always love the Monday Couple ones. (credits to RMdoodles) You're absolutely amazing!! You can follow him/her (not sure if it's a guy or girl sorry) on Twitter @RMdoodles or like the page on facebook which is runningmandoodles. 

 

 

 

.