Chapter 4: Confessions

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Today is Monday. 

Song Ji Hyo woke up early today. She smiled to herself while thinking about seeing Gary again for the RM shooting. 

She made herself a cup of coffee and sat on the couch. She placed both her hands between the mug making her feel its warmth. She stared deeply into the coffee just letting the steam of the drink touch her face.

"They may be just near you and you are just so blank to even notice it. Your heart knows it but your mind doesn't."

The words of her ex-boyfriend rang inside her head. Those exact words kept coming into her again recently.

She let out a long sigh. "My heart knows it but my mind doesn't?" she asked herself. 

She sat straight and positioned herself properly. She touched her upper left chest over her heart with her right hand and closed her eyes. She breathed out carefully and said, "Gary Oppa". Her hand could feel the change of speed of her own heart beat. Her heart was racing again. She gave out a satisfied smile and opened her eyes.

"Chang ju oppa, you were talking about Gary oppa right? I think I finally understand what you meant." She said as she continued to drink her coffee.

Ji Hyo quickly finished preparing herself, well actually it took her more than an hour from choosing what to wear and what make-up she would put on, and she hurriedly went down to the car that was prepared for her to take her to the RM set. She was literally excited for today's shooting and even her manager noticed the extra energy she had for today.

"Yah Ji hyo, why are so happy today?" her manager asked. "Oh, am I?" Ji hyo said and smiled brightly at her. 

"Ji hyo-ah don't do anything stupid today alright? I know that sometimes you go blank and you forget what you're supposed to do. Some people would think it's cute but I know that sometimes that blank face of yours might cause trouble." Her manager reminded her.

Ji hyo laughed and said, "Arasso unnie, I won't do anything stupid. I promise." She beamly smiled back at her manager.

Her manager gave her a worried look. Ji hyo doesn't know how serious she was.

"Ji hyo-ah, are you really that excited to see Kang Gary?" She asked slowly.

Ji hyo was shocked at the sudden question. "What? What do, what do you mean Kang Gary?" she responded, stuttering with her words a little.

Her manager just let out a long sigh. "I know that you like him okay. But I'm just worried about you."

"Unnie, what are you talking about?" Ji hyo denied.

"Yah, you can't fool me Ji Hyo. Who do you think I am? I've been with you for years. I know if you are sad, hurt, angry, and even when you're in love. I'm practically like your second mother. You can't hide anything from me you know."

Ji hyo just stared at her confused on what she should respond.

Her manager let out another sigh. "Ji hyo-ah, I'm not totally against your feelings towards Gary but I'm just really worried if you would get hurt again. I don't want you to go through the same pain you felt before with your former boyfriend." She said as she held the hand of Ji Hyo. "Well, I believe that he is a nice guy, I was able to talk to him last time.."

"You what?! You've talked to Gary? When?" Ji hyo asked instantly.

Her manager forgot that Ji hyo didn't know that that one night when she was drunk, Gary was there with her at the park.

(Flashback)

Ji hyo's manager's POV

I arrived about 15mins after Kang Gary gave me a call. It was a good thing I was just close to her house at that time.

I parked my car and ran to a bench where it seems Gary and Ji hyo were. As I approached them, I saw that Ji hyo was laying on Gary's lap. I immediately bent down towards Ji hyo.

"Ji hyo-ah" I said softly. She was already sleeping on Gary's lap. I could see that her cheeks were all red and her eyes were puffy. How much tears have she shed already? My heart sank and I felt really sorry for her. 

"How did she get here? Were you together all this time? I thought she was with Chang Ju." I asked Gary as I stood.

"Oh, no I wasn't with Ji hyo. She just called me and she sounded weird and so I came here. She told me she was in a park near her apartment. When I got here, she was already drunk and she kept crying." Gary answered me back.

"Crying? Did she and her boyfriend fight again?" I asked.

"Well, from what Ji hyo said..." He said hesitantly and paused. "Uhm, Ji hyo said they broke up."

"Oh, they broke up? I see, they were really having problems recently. Well, I believe that is for the best. I didn't want to see Ji hyo to be more hurt than this. Anyways, I'm really thankful that you are here Gary. I'm sorry for disturbing you this late at night."

"Oh no, this is nothing. If Ji hyo didn't even called me, I wouldn't be here either. But if its about Ji hyo I wouldn't hesitate to do anything for her." Gary responded and looked at Ji hyo with a smile. 

It was obvious that this guy had feelings for Ji hyo. Even the way he looked at her would already say so much.

"Thank you, Gary." I said to him. "No problem, you can call me anytime if its about Ji hyo." He replied back and smiled.

"Okay let's take Ji hyo home now. You can just bring her to my car and then I'll bring her to her apartment." I said.

"Oh no noona, I can take her home too. I'm sure you can't carry her upto her room and most probably she doesn't live on the first floor too. Am I right?" He insisted.

I just gave out a laugh. "Well, I guess I can't carry her alone. Especially when she lives on the eighth floor. But I don't think Ji hyo wouldn't want anyone to know where she lives Gary."

He didn't say anything but just gave me a disappointed look instead.

I looked at Ji hyo and she was really sleeping deeply. I couldn't possibly carry her by myself. 

"Alright, you can help me take her home. But promise me you won't tell her or anyone that you know where she lives okay? Because if you do then I'll be dead and surely you will be too."

Gary smiled widely and said "Yes noona, I won't say a thing. I promise."

He carried Ji hyo gently to the car and then into her apartment. Ji hyo must have been really tired because she didn't wake up at all. He laid Ji hyo on her bed softly and shut the door behind him quietly.

"Gary, thank you very much for helping Ji hyo." I said to him again.

"Yes noona, no problem." He answered back.

"Ahm, do you need to go home right away or do you have time for a cup of coffee?" I asked him.

"Oh a cup of coffee sounds nice." He said brightly.

I made coffee for the two of us while Gary waited on the couch in the living room.

"Gary, sorry for making you wait. Here's your coffee."

"Oh it's okay, thank you for the coffee." Gary said.

I sat down and took a sip of my coffee and then looked at Gary. He was also starting to drink his coffee. He noticed that I was staring at him and so he asked, "Yes noona? Do you want to say something?"

I just continued to stare at him. I was hesistant to ask but I said it any way. "Gary.." I said. "Yes noona." He quickly answered.

"I'm sorry if I'm asking you this and maybe you might think that I'm so straight forward but I'm just curious. Are you interested in Ji hyo-ah?"

He just stared right back at me as his eyes widened. I guess he didn't see that question coming. But then his expression changed and it turned to a smile.

 


Hi everyone! I'll end my chapter four here since it's getting long. Chapter five will have the continuation of the flashback. Thank you everyone!