Chapter 12: Is this real?

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Hi everyone! This chapter will be from Gary's POV. While writing this chapter, I kept listening to Gary oppa's songs. Listening to his voice, I was trying to get inspiration for my story. I hope everyone would enjoy this chapter too.

So, here it goes....

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kang Gary's POV

The girl that I love was a person who was before just for my eyes. I couldn't get near her, touch her, but still my heart eventually got stuck to hers.

She captured me and I became a man who was imprisoned through her charms.

I tried to forget. Tried to get away. But feelings can't be erased by force.

My eyes were hers, my mind was hers, and my heart was hers. Without my permission, she took everything that was mine as hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled alone in my room. Today I got a day off so I was enjoying my alone time at home.

It has been weeks since I and Ji hyo had our first kiss but everything is still so clear to me.

Her lips, her touch, her scent, everything I remember them vividly.

I remembered how Ji hyo pulled me back to kiss her. I chuckled by just the idea of it.

I can't believe that she is mine.That I can call her mine. For years I have been asted away like an unwanted object but now I can be her shield that protects her.

Love ain't easy but without it, you'll be a man with no purpose, no meaning, no hope.

(flashback)

"It's about us. Am I.... I'm just.... Are we..?" Ji hyo was struggling to say the right words. She was nervous and I felt it.

She was dissapointed at herself but I wasn't. Her face was puzzled but what I saw was a pretty girl. I scanned at her forehead, eyes, cheeks, nose, chin, lips.

"Do you know that you look so cute right now?" The words came out from me swiftly.

She started to blush and bowed her head. I held my smile and reached for her hands.

"Ji hyo what are you trying to say?" I asked expecting her to look up at me.

She didn't say anything for a while but then she toughened up and said, "Oppa... are we in a relationship?"

I froze from her question. I wasn't expecting it. She raised her head and faced me.

But all I could do was stare at her. I locked my gaze in every feature of her face.

Are we in a relationship? The girl of my dreams is asking me. How do you think I'd answer to that?

Other men would have answered her properly but I'm different.

I gave out a smile and she responded with hers without hesitation.

As I stared at her eyes, I knew what I was going to do.

My heart beat was getting louder and louder making me go deaf.

Love. This is how it feels, right?

I pulled her close to me as I stared directly at her lips. My heart was jumping so fast but I didn't care.

I don't care if what I'm doing is wrong. What is clear to me now is that the woman that I love is right in front of me and I want to kiss her so badly.

Our lips finally met and I closed my eyes. As I moved my lips, I pulled her even closer to me closing the distance.

But then I felt her respond. She was kissing me back! I was surprised but I was certainly overjoyed. Instantly I smiled within our kiss.

I loved the kiss, I loved the smell of her perfume, I loved how are lips moved as one, and I loved the way she placed her arms around me.

As I felt her touch, it was as if my whole body got shocked. I wanted more of her and pulled her even closer to me making no space between us as much as possible.

Finally, I let her go and we were trying to catch our breaths.

I leaned towards her, placed my mouth near her ear and whispered,

"You don't know how much I have been wanting to kiss you, Song Ji Hyo."

It was true. Now that I have her, what else do I need to ask for?

I am completely happy.

She pushed me back and I looked at her confused.

She then moved her arms to embrace me again and pulled me closer.

I stared at her eyes as I braced myself for another kiss. My heart was leaping again.

This time she was the one who started the kiss. The kiss was more passionate and I could feel her asking for more.

I smiled and then gave in. I slowly slid my hands down her waist and I moved closer to her.

We were moving together and I couldn't feel even happier than this.

She finally pulled back and so did I. But instead of moving apart I placed my forehead against hers while we breathed heavily together.

I closed my eyes still feeling everything we just did.

I smiled.

"Now, what was your question again?" I teased.

I opened my eyes to see her smiling and then she gave a sweet laugh.

Now our relationship is clear.

(Flashback ends)

That night we decided that we would keep our relationship between ourselves first. Ji hyo asked if she could tell it to her manager since she didn't want to lie to her and I had no problem with it.

We promised that we would go slow and do our best for each other. Both of us had experienced hard break-ups in the past and this time we were committed to do things right.

So we continued to act as friends around people. We taped running man together and we acted as normal as possible. We usually text each other, sometimes talk on the phone until late at night if she wasn't busy.

Though recently Ji hyo became busy because of her new drama, Emergency Man and Woman, she still gave time for me. She gives me a text or call in between her free time during shootings as I did the same; that was enough for me.

Tomorrow is finally Monday again, it means I could have one whole day again with her. I smiled with the thought of it.

I grabbed my phone and typed,

Gary: "Hi there beautiful Mong Ji!"

Ji hyo: "Oppa! Hi! What's up?"

Gary: "Wae, can't I send a text to my girlfriend even if there's no reason?"

Ji hyo: "Aniyo oppa, I didn't mean it that way."

Gary: "Hehe I know, I'm just kidding. Actually I just miss you a lot. I'm really excited to see again tomorrow. :)"

Ji hyo: "Oppa I miss you too. I'll come to the set early tomorrow so that we can have time to talk even for a while before we start shooting."

Gary: "Arasso, oppa will come early too. :)"

Ji hyo: "Okay, oppa I'm sorry but I have to go now. I'm still at EMW set right now."

Gary: "Alright, don't stress yourself too much okay. And eat properly, you got it?"

Ji hyo: "Dae oppa, don't worry I'll take care of myself."

That night, I couldn't sleep well because of my excitement. I felt like a little kid who can't wait for the school's field trip the next day.

I forced myself to sleep as I placed my phone near my pillow remembering our little converstion we had.

-------------------------------------------

It's Monday. The day that most people hate but for me it's the best day of the week.

I hurriedly got out of bed as soon as my alarm went on. I washed up, got dressed and quickly went into the kitchen to fix myself some breakfast.

The shooting today would start at 11:00am so our call time was at 9:00am (two hours before the filming).

Since me and Ji hyo promised that will meet early, I wanted to get out from my house as early as possible.

After finishing up everything, I got my car keys and went out.

I wanted to buy coffee for Ji hyo. I'm sure she is very tired from her filming and I wanted to cheer and warm her up especially now when it's cold and snowing.

I drive myself towards Take Urban Cafe. As I went down my car and walk towards the cafe, I remembered the recent episode we had which was Christmas Gary. I was supposed to meet Ji hyo here but unfortunately I needed to trick her that time. I felt so awful after we ended our conversation on the phone. I was really worried about her the whole time we were filming.

I went into the cafe and ordered an Americano for her and Caramel Machiatto for myself. I hurriedly went out and half ran towards my car because of how cold the weather was.

I then drove towards the venue of the set.

When I arrived I looked out through the window to see the filming crew already preparing. Of course none of the running members were around yet.

I didn't get off my car so that no one would know I was here.

I went around the set to look for a parking space where only a few passersby would be around.

Gary: "Good morning Mong Ji! I'm already here at the set. I've parked my car behind an old building so that no one can see us meet."

Ji hyo: "Oppa, I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I'm almost there."

Gary: "No, it's okay Ji hyo. You don't need to rush. Oppa will be here waiting for you."

While I was waiting for her to come I checked the coffee I bought earlier. I was satisfied to know that it was still warm.

I looked outside. Oh the snow is heavy today. I hope Ji hyo will be alright.

About ten minutes after, I saw Ji hyo running towards my car with an umbrella.

She hurriedly opened the door and got in.

"Wah, the snow today is heavy. And it's really cold." She said as she rubbed her arms with her hands.

I looked at her face. She was wearing light make-up on. Her cheeks were cute being light pink. She is really beautiful.

"Oppa? Are you okay?" She asked staring at me.

I snapped out.

"Oh! No, I mean yes. I'm fine." I said.

She laughed at me.

"Oppa you're so cute."

I smiled brightly covering my mouth with my fist.

"Ah, I bought coffee for us."

"Jinja? Yey! That's great. Gumawo oppa." She said as I passed her the coffee.

"I bought you you're favorite."

"Wow, I'll drink this happily." She smiled at me and took a sip.

We both savored the taste of the coffee. My body instantly became warm and it felt good.

"Ji hyo-ah, how's you're work with your new drama?"

"Well, we've been really busy. The schedule's really tight. But still I am having a good time. All the casts and staff are really friendly."

"That's good. I'm really worried actually. I know that whenever you get too immersed into your job, you sometimes for get to rest and eat properly. You know that I don't want anything to happen to you, right?"

"Oppa, you really don't need to worry about me. I'm stronger and healthier now."

"Well, may be you're right but even so you have to be careful. I don't want you to get hospitalized again like what happened to you when you filmed gye baek."

She laughed a little.

"Oppa.. like I said you really don't need to worry. I'm fine, my manager is taking good care of me too." She said as she reached for my hand.

Her hand was warm. I locked our hands together and stared into her eyes.

"I'm really happy to see you again Ji hyo-ah."

"Me too oppa."

I pulled her closer to me so that I could give her a hug.

"I'm just so happy. I still can't believe that we're together Ji hyo-ah."

She broke the hug, she held both of my hands and stared at me.

"Waeyo?"

"Hmm? Well you know, sometimes I feel that everything is just a dream. That one day I might wake up and find out that everything isn't true."

"Oppa.." She placed her hand on my cheek.

"Oppa, you shouldn't think that. I'm here and I'm real. Don't ever think that way okay?"

I gave her a grin. "Arasso, Ji hyo-ah."

It seemed like she wasn't satisfied with my response because the next thing she said was this,

"Oppa, don't you think it's time to tell the RM members about us?"

My eyes grew. Did I hear it right? She wants to tell them that we're together?

"What?"

"I said I think it's time to tell them that we're in a relationship. We've been keeping this as a secret for too long already. I think it's unfair to them if we keep on hiding even longer." She said firmly.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I've been waiting so long to tell everyone. I really had a hard time keeping about me and Ji hyo a secret. I was really happy when Ji hyo confessed to me but then I wasn't able to tell and share it to anyone.

"Ji hyo-ah.. are you sure about this?"

She didn't answer me right away.

"Ji hyo, if you're still not ready I can wait. You don't need to rush things. I don't want to pressure you."

She just kept staring at me and I fell silent. I allowed her to think again.

"Oppa, no I think I'm ready. Besides we're just going to tell them not everyone. The other members are like family to me and I don't want to keep them in the dark."

"Are you really sure?" I asked again.

She smiled at me. "Dae oppa."

I was really happy so I pulled her back again into my arms.

"Thank you Ji hyo-ah. Thank you." I said.

She giggled.

"Of course, oppa. Thank you also for being patient with me."

"Anything for you."

I let her go and we started drinking our coffee again. It was getting cold already.

"Ji hyo, I think we should go now."

She looked at her watch.

"You're right. I'll go out first and then you can follow after me after a few minutes."

"Arasso, you better go now the snow might get stronger."

"Okay, thanks for the coffee oppa." She started reached for the handle.

Without thinking, I grabbed her arm stopping her.

"Wae oppa?" She asked surprisingly.

"I'm going to miss you." I said.

She laughed. "Gary, it's not like I'm going home. We will be seeing each other again later."

"You know that's not what I meant right?"

She fixed her eyes on me.

"I know, don't worry. Like I said were going to tell them soon. We won't be hiding this much after we have told them."

I smiled a little, nod my head and then let her go.

----------------------------------------------

Today's theme was a couple race, match made in heaven (this is episode 183)

I wasn't paired of with Ji hyo at first and I was a little disappointed. But later on, the running members started to say that me and Ji hyo are sure to be a pair and finally we were paired up.

At the final round of the day, I was really nervous to find out about the result.

Me and Ji hyo we're on stage and it was our turn to get to know if we were indeed a match for each other. My heart was racing and I held Ji hyo's hand tightly. Ji hyo also tightened her grip on me. If we weren't a match, we were going to fall into the water.

Then, the confettis popped and I felt so relieved. Ji hyo bent her knees and squated from the revelation.

I was absolutely surprised. Is this real? Are we really compatible with each other?

Then the fortune teller confirmed that we were really great for each other and I felt even happier. Everyone started to congratulate us and said that it was a sign that we should start dating.

We ended up winning the challenge and we were able to keep the gold rings for ourselves.

"Yaah Gary, you and Ji hyo might really be for each other. I'm still really surprised." Jae suk hyung said inside the dressing room.

"May be you should really go for it Gary." Haha continued jokingly.

I laughed at their comments.

"I'm still really surprised too. I can't believe that we're actually compatible."

When everyone was done changing, we heard a light knock on our door.

"I'll open it." Kwang soo volunteered.

He approached the door and opened it.

"Oh, Ji hyo noona." he said.

Instantly my gaze went to the door.

Ji hyo was standing at the door smiling at me.

"Is everyone done preparing?" She asked as she scanned the room.

"Yeah, I guess we're done." Kwang soo replied.

"Great! Oppa may be we can eat dinner together tonight." She proposed.

What? I thought. What was she upto? Is she planning to tell them tonight? Really?

"That's sounds nice! Everyone's free tonight right?" Jae suk hyung said.

Everyone said they can go. Jae suk hyung turned to me.

"How about you Gary?"

"Oh. Uhm, yeah I can go. No problem."

"Yey! That's great! So everyone's going." Ji hyo cheered.

I was still in a bit of a shock from what she was planning.

"Where do you want to go for dinner?" Jong Kook hyung asked.

"Hhmm, how about in Gary oppa's restaurant. It's been a while since all of us visited it."

What?! Wow Ji hyo is really something. She's really into this.

"That's right. I think that will be good." Haha supported.

"We can go there tonight right Gary?" Jae suk hyung asked.

"Oh, yes of course." I assured him.

"Alright, then it's decided then." he replied back.

"Yes! Okay, I've brought my bag already so I'm ready to go." Ji hyo said excitingly.

"Yah Ji hyo, why are you in a hurry?" Haha asked her.

I felt a lump in my throat. I was actually getting nervous of where this was going.

"Hyung, I bet she's hungry already. She's always hungry." Kwang soo answered him.

Ji hyo giggled. "I actually am. So let's hurry up and go."

Everyone started to move to fix up there things but I just stared at Ji hyo.

She noticed that I was looking at her. She gave me a little smile and then she winked at me.

I gave out a little laugh. She was really cute whenever she does that.

I turned around to put my things inside my bag.

I guess it will be tonight.

Tonight, we will be telling them the truth about us. Just thinking about it my heart raced. I think I was having a headache too. Why am I getting so nervous? Gary get a hold of yourself. I said to myself.

I have to be ready. I've been waiting for this time for like forever. I can't back down now.

I have Ji hyo now, I shouldn't have to be afraid.

I smiled at the though of Ji hyo and suddenly felt calm.

Then tonight it is.

-----------------------------------------------

Yey! It's the end of the chapter. What do you think?

For those who have and haven't watched the match made in heaven episode on Running Man it's on episode 183. I've watched it again and it was really fun. There were cute Monday Couple moments too. :)