Chapter 18: Is this the only way?

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Song Ji hyo's POV

"I'm sorry, I'm busy tonight." The sound of my words came out a little harshly. Well, okay maybe not a little.

He gave a short pause and answered back, "Oh, is that so? When can you be free then?" I could hear that he was disappointed.

I thought for a while before giving him an answer. "Uhm, I guess I can meet you this weekend."

"Oh okay, then I'll be waiting for you. Text me the time and place you want to meet, okay?"

"Alright but Chang Ju oppa.... if I'm going to meet you I have one condition."

"What? What is it?"

I swallowed the saliva that was filling up my throat.

I mustered every ounce of courage I had in my body and stared directly into the eyes of Gary.

I didn't know if what I was going to do would make things worse or better. But for now, it felt like it was the best thing I would do for myself. You may call me selfish but right now I don't care.

My heart started to beat loudly as I breathed heavily. Gary just stared back at me without a word.

"Okay, I'm meeting you... but..." I felt my body heat up.

"but.. I'm going to.." I took in another deep breath.

"I'm going to bring Gary oppa with me. Without him, I'm not seeing you." I sternly pointed out.

Me and Gary were locked from each other's gazes.

Slowly a smile painted on Gary's face. As I saw it, I felt lighter, it was like a huge boulder had been taken off me. And I sort of felt proud about it.

Yes, I'm not afraid. I have Kang Gary now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you ready?" He asked as he slipped his hand into mine.

I turned my head to look at him and showed him a smile with tight lips.

"Of course I am. Come on, let's end this quick." I pulled him forward into our company building.

It was almost 11:00 in the evening and the wind was blowing cold tonight. It was like it's going to rain soon.

As what Chang Ju oppa said, I texted him that I would want him to meet us in his office late at night. I didn't want anyone seeing all three of us outside because if someone did, then that would be dreadful. Therefore, I wanted to keep our conversation a secret as much as possible.

With almost everyone gone, the building is quiet, really... very quiet. A simple screech from your shoes will send the halls ringing out loud.

Our company is strict with choosing our employees. An important rule is that nothing should be leaked out from the walls of this company.

You hear nothing, you see nothing.

And because of that, I was quite confident when I walked through the halls of the building hand in hand with Gary even if there might be some employees working late tonight.

As we reached to Chang Ju oppa's floor, I noticed that his assistant wasn't around anymore. I guess he told him to go home ahead of him today.

Gary kept silent as we approached the door of oppa's office. I slowly raised my free hand to knock on the door but then I stopped in mid-air.

A sudden pain struck me in the chest. My mind flashed the images of what happened to me the last time I came here. It was like I was having a nightmare while I'm awake.

"Ji hyo-ah, are you alright?" Gary asked letting my other hand go as he touched my shoulder.

I shook my head, hoping to erase the memory that was pictured inside my head.

You're strong Ji hyo-ah. You can handle this, you can handle this. I encouraged myself.

I'm sure your curious why of all places, I would want to meet him here again right? Well, that's easy to answer.

It's because... I trust and understand him. And I wanted to overcome and get rid of the horrible incident from my mind. I wanted to forget everything that happened last time by covering it up with a new one.

"I'm fine." I answered quietly.

I clenched my fist and knocked on the door three times.

"Come in, it's open!" He said with a loud voice.

I reached for the knob and went inside.

Chang Ju oppa just got up from his seat of his desk and was now walking towards the couch in the middle of the room.

"Oh Ji hyo-ah good evening. Come in, come in and please have sit."

I quickly obeyed and sat on the couch across him. Gary followed along behind and then sat beside me as well.

"Good evening Chang Ju-ssi." Gary sudddenly greeted.

I turned my head to look at him and saw that he was greeting Chang Ju oppa with a smile.

I don't know why, but I was starting to tense up. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I surely couldn't tell.

I looked back at Chang Ju oppa.

"Chang Ju oppa, I'm sorry if I chose to meet you this late at night and uhhmm... well.. tagging Gary oppa with me as well." I said to him as I glanced a peek at Gary and then back at him.

"No, it's fine. I certainly understand why you did this."

You do? I thought to myself. What did he understand, the one with the late night meeting or me bringing Gary along tonight?

But he didn't say anything further, so I just kept my mouth shut.

"And I'm sorry for what happened last time."

The memory creeped back into me again instantly. Oh no, please don't bring up that again.

My hands started to close and tighten. I stared at him, searching for words to return but failed.

"Actually I'm a little bit glad that Gary is here." Chang Ju oppa continued as he shifted his glance to Gary.

A little bit glad? What did he mean by that?

I was clueless so my eyes went to Gary. He was now staring back at Chang Ju oppa with glaring eyes.

What's going on here?

"I'm a little bit glad to see you again too Chang Ju ssi."

Wait, what?!

"I thought I warned you last time, but here you are again." Chang Ju oppa replied.

"My answer before is still exactly the same even if you ask me now." Gary said.

"Wait, have you met before? Did you guys talk? Why don't I know any of this?" I intercepted their conversation.

Gary turned to me with a surprise look but said nothing.

"Yes actually, we have met before and had a serious talk. I guess he hasn't told you yet." Chang Ju oppa was the one who spoke for him putting on a smirk on his face.

"You did? Why didn't you tell me?" I frowned. Gary was still looking at me.

"I'm sorry, I was planning to tell you but...."

"Ji hyo-ah let me tell you the reason of why I wanted to talk to you." Once again Chang ju oppa stepped in between me and Gary.

I was still frowning when I turned to look at him. What is going on here?

Because I was absolutely confused, I waited for him to speak further.

"I want you to stop seeing him." His eyes were like blades that wanted to cut through me.

The room suddenly became dead quiet and my heart sank.

"What did you just say?" I blinked rapidly, not comprehending what I just heard.

"I said you should stop seeing each other."

"Chang Ju-ssi please..." Gary responded but I touched his shoulder to stop him from talking.

"Why? Tell me the reason.. tell me a valid reason of why me and Gary shouldn't be together." I spoke the words as clearly as possible. My hands started to quiver.

"I'm saying this for your own sake, Ji hyo."

"For me? Seriously? You're actually saying that me and Gary should stay away from each other would be good for me?!" I was starting to get mad.

"Yes." He replied calmly.

I seriously wanted to slap him for wanting me to give up on Gary but I knew that wouldn't help at all. I badly want to hit something right now, anything will do.

"It's for your career. You are under my company, therefore I have the right to take care of my clients."

"Wait, what?! Are you serious?! Don't you think this is too much? I've listened and followed everything you said since I've entered your management and I think this time your intefering with my personal life!" I was now yelling at him, my body was all tensed up and I was almost out of my seat.

"Ji hyo-ah come down a little..." Gary pulled me and rubbed my back, trying to sooth me but sadly it didn't help at all.

"Ji hyo, please listen carefully. You know how the entertainment business works right? You've been working in this industry for more than 10 years already. You are doing great with your career now and I'm sure that your popularity will increase immensely by the end of this year. I am just thinking ahead and I believe that you two having a relationship is not yet the right time to let the public know."

"But.. but.. Me and Gary are doing fine right now. We can continue to secretly be together. No one will ever find out. Can't you just let us be?"

"Ji hyo-ah, this is serious. I'm really sorry for saying this but I don't think that's possible. You may be right that everything is still sealed right now. You guys are still safe but what if something leaks out about you guys. How are you going to handle it? Who's going to cover for you Ji hyo? Who's going to calm the public down? Who do you think would back you up?" I was now just blankly staring at him. Everything he said made sense but.. I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to be powerless. 

"It's us right?" He carried on as he placed his right hand on his chest.

I had nothing to say. I just gritted my teeth and shifted my gaze to the floor. He was right, we are not ready exposing ourselves as a couple...not yet. If people would find out that would be really problematic. Is this really the only way?

"You do understand my point Ji hyo right?" Chang Ju oppa continued to ask me but I stayed silent.

"I'm sorry but can I have a say to this?" Gary finally spoke but I thought otherwise.

"Oppa, let's just go." I said pulling his arm as I stood from my seat.

"What? We're not yet done discussing about this Ji hyo." Chang Ju oppa retorted.

"No, we're done for tonight. I'm sorry, but I have to think about this properly. Please give me some time to figure things out and then we can talk again." I replied to him.

I pulled Gary towards the door and we went out the office as fast as we could.

When we were finally outside the building Gary suddenly stopped me, pulling the hand I was holding from behind.

"Wait, Ji hyo. Are you okay?" He asked.

My back was still faced to him and I didn't turn to him. He slowly went in front of me and looked at me.

"Ji hyo?" He asked again but this time with more concern.

Our eyes met for a second but then my eyes dropped to the ground. I didn't know when my eyes became wet but as soon as I saw Gary, tears ran down my cheeks instantly.

----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kang Gary's POV

"Wait Ji hyo, are you okay?" I asked her.

She didn't look back at me so I decided to walk in front of her. Finally I got to see her face but when I looked into her eyes she instantly looked away.

Suddenly tears escaped her eyes. My chest felt heavy, I pulled her into my arms and I gave her an embrace.

She buried her face into my chest and started to sob. I felt bad for her. I was so sorry that I couldn't do anything. I didn't know what to say to make her feel better so I just rubbed her back and let her cry.

When she finally calmed down I pulled away.

"Ji hyo let's go back to the car okay?"

She just gave me a nod as she continued to wipe her tears away.

I opened the front seat door and she got in.

After I sat on the driver seat, I face her to see how she was doing.

I slowly reached her hand that was on her lap and squeezed it lightly. She turned her head to me; her face was still red.

"It will be alright Ji hyo. I'm here for you. You have nothing to worry. Let's think this through."

Her eyes started to fill up with tears again and in no time it ran down her beautiful cheeks.

My hands went to cup her face. I wiped the tears away using my thumbs and hushed her to keep her calm.

"Ji hyo look at me." She opened her eyes but kept blinking constantly.

"Listen, I'm really sorry for what happened tonight. But I know we can get throught this. Don't ever think that your alone. I'm here okay, I'm here." I tried my best to assure her and then gave her another hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

What are we going to do now? I sighed deeply.

My head felt heavy but sleep hasn't hit me yet.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The wind felt good on my skin and so I focused on that for a moment.

How I wish that it would be just simple to love someone; no pain, no problems, no walls, no secrets.

But I guess that's what everyone needs to undergo. No one can be exempted.

I slowly opened my eyes and then moved my right hand to brush the hair of Ji hyo softly.

She wanted to come here, to our own secret get away. A place of our own.

She's was now sleeping soundly on my lap. I never get bored of just staring at her whenever she sleeps. I always love it because she looks so fragile, simple, peaceful and of course cute.

I was now smiling brightly as I moved my hand down to caress her cheeks.

"You just only need to stay with me Ji hyo and I will fight for you no matter what." I whisphered to her softly.

 

(Flashback)

 

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Hello. This Kang Gary of Leesang."

"Kang Gary? Oh yes, Gary-ssi. Why are you calling me? Do you need something?"

"I actually want to speak to you in person. Do you have some free time today?"

"Today? Well I could see you for about an hour I guess."

"An hour? That would be absolutely enough."

"Alright, is it that important that you to say it to me in person?"

"Actually it is."

"Is that so? May I ask if what is it about?"

I hesitated a little. What if he doesn't want to meet me if I say it right here?

But he was patiently on the other line and there was no point if I would just lie.

"I want to talk to you about Song Ji hyo." I said with a serious tone.

The other line didn't reply but I knew that he was listening because I could hear someone talking at the background.

"Ohhh.. you want to talk about her?"

The more I listened to his voice, the more pain I felt inside. I actually want to punch him through the phone by just remembering what he did to Ji hyo.

Words filled my mind. Things that I wanted to say to him jumped from one thing to another.

But then I thought, could I really say everything I want to say once I'm in front of him? Will I be able to fight for the person I love in front of a person who has loved her as well before?

(Flashback to be continued) 
 

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 18 ends here :) Gary's flashback about their talk with chang ju-ssi will be continued on the next chapter.

Thanks for continuously reading my fanfic!!