Chapter 8: A cold but sweet night

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

  Kang Gary's POV

I wasn't sure anymore of what I was doing; as soon as Ji hyo went out of the car, my hands grabbed the door's handle and I ran after her.

"Ji hyo-ah!" I called out but she didn't stop. Where was she going? 

As I was staring at her leaving, an instant pain stabbed my heart. It was similar.. it was similar to that time when she turned her back against me and left. That time she had problems with her ex-boyfriend and I offered my help but she didn't needed it. I couldn't do anything that time and all I could do was watch her get farther away from me. 

But.. but this time it's different. Ji hyo is turning her back and is leaving because of something I did. It was my fault. This time it is my fault. I'm so stupid. 'Gary you're so stupid!' I argued inside my head.

I can't just leave Ji hyo like this. I just can't. I ran as fast as I could towards her. "Ji hyo-ah stop!" I shouted to her again but she didn't look back.

I won't let her go this time. Even if she will hate me for doing such stupid things, I will do anything I can to win her. I can't give up easily. 

With my self-encouragement I increased the speed of my legs and I came closer to her enough to grab her arm.

"Ji hyo please stop!" I said to her. 

"Let go Gary, leave me alone!" she shouted back at me as she pushed my hand away.

Her words absolutely stung. It felt like my heart shattered into pieces like a glass that was purposely dropped. 

But my instinct told me to hold on. I shouldn't just leave her.

I instantly stopped her from behind putting my arms around her. 

Ji hyo didn't say anything neither did she reject my embrace.

My feelings at the moment were mixed up. Emotions were over flowing and I couldn't think straight. I felt my eyes were filling up with tears.

"I'm sorry Ji hyo-ah" I blurted out. I was sorry, I really was. I didn't mean to make Ji hyo mad or even cry. 

"I'm sorry but I can't leave you alone." I continued and by then my tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Please don't turn your back on me." I told her.

Ji hyo didn't move a muscle. She just stood there between my arms. I was waiting for a response but she didn't say anything yet.

My tears continued to fall. I didn't want Ji hyo seeing me cry so I continue to hold her in my arms waiting for her to respond.

"Gary-ah" she slowly breathed out and paused.

My heart started to flutter as soon as I heard her voice. I didn't know what she was going to say. Will she accept or reject me? 

Waiting for the answer just added to the nervousness I was feeling. It was as if I was hoping that Ji hyo wouldn't say anything so that we could stay like this longer. Wouldn't that be better?

But I knew what was she was going to say was important so I silently waited for her to speak again. My heart was still beating loudly inside my chest.

"I love you too." She finally said and the words rang loudly inside my head. 

Song Ji Hyo said she loves me too, didn't she? 

I knew that somewhere in my heart, I wanted her to say those three words back to me but i really didn't much expected it.

But hearing the words 'I love you' from seemed like a dream. My heart pounded even stronger in my chest and my eyes started to tear up even more.

"Ji hyo-ah can you say that again?" I asked her. "Please say it again." I continued to beg as I tighten my hold on her even more.

---------------------------------------------


Song Ji hyo's POV

"I love you"

Sometimes those three words are things you don't need to think nor doubt about. What's important is that you actually feel it even if you can't explain it.

Love is a powerful emotion. How do I know you ask? Well it's because I have been able to confirm it myself. 

It's interesting because usually it makes you do unexplainable things; things that are beyond your control.


~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't noticed it myself but when I said the words 'I love You' to Gary with my own mouth, I was happy to know that I was in love; that I was in love with Gary.

I felt him froze from the confession I've made and I could sense that he was still shedding tears. 

Should I face him? Should I hug him back? Or do I just wait? I struggled by myself.

But while I was battling alone on what I was going to do next, Gary started to speak. "Ji hyo-ah can you say that again?" He said. 

"Please say it again." He continued as he made his embrace tighter. I felt the cold breeze touch us and my hands were starting to get cold. 

Gary wanted me to say those words again but I wasn't sure if I can repeat them properly again for him. But what should I do? Gary is waiting for my response.

I slowly touched his arms that were around me and pulled them away so that I could face him. I looked at his face. His eyes and nose were becoming red. It was the first time I saw Gary oppa cry.

I slowly raised my hand to wipe a tear that was falling on his left cheek. Gary flinched a little because of my cold hand but then relaxed. 

I stared deeply into his eyes and prepared myself to answer his request. 

I momentarily closed my eyes as I breathed in deeply and then breathed out.

My eyes went back to his and I opened my mouth.

"Kang Gary, I said I love you." I repeated to him just like how he said it to me in the car.

His lips slowly curled into a smile and mine followed his.

I bit my lower lip and I felt my face turn red because of the love confession I just made. Embarrassed, I lowered my head down to face the ground.

Gary started to laugh and he hugged me. His hug was so warm that my cold body shivered a little until it slowly matched his temperature. His face was close to my ear and I could feel his heavy breathing. 

"Thank you Ji hyo-ah." He said slowly and my heart once again raced. My smile grew and I returned his hug by wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I wish we can stay like this forever." Gary continued.

I started to laugh and I slowly released myself from our embrace but Gary stopped me and pulled me back into his arms. "Ji hyo give me a minute, its my first time hugging you." He said with a playful voice.

Laughingly I replied, "What do you mean oppa? We have been hugging many times especially during running man."

"Not like this Ji hyo-ah." He answered me back as tighten the hug once again leaving no space between us. 

"Oppa.." I trailed off and blushed. The wind was blowing cold but my face was getting hotter. The bees in my stomache started to buzz again and I just smiled through the sweet words and gestures of Gary.

He then released me slowly but he held my hand so that we were still touching each other. I stared at our hands being intertwined and gave out another smile. 

I've held Gary's hand hundreds of times but tonight's touch was different. I don't know how to explain it but it just felt really secure and real.

"Ji hyo-ah" Gary said my name with his deep voice. Oh God, I just love it if he calls me like that. My stomache tingled from just hearing his voice.

I looked up to him. "Oppa can you say my name again?" I asked him.

"Hmm? Why?"

"Just do it oppa, pleeeaaasssee" 

"Hahaha, alright."

He stared into my eyes. I was sure his eyes were smiling at me. Gary has never looked at me this way and I felt my heart melt away because it was like he could see everything through me. 

"Chun Sung Im" he said with the voice I had admired but I was stunned to hear him say my real name instead.

"Chun Sung Im?" I said raising my eyebrow. "Oppa, why are calling me with my other name?"

He smiled at me. "Why you don't like it, Sung Im-ah? he teased and pinched my cheek.

"Yah, Kang Hee Gun!" I yelled and touched my cheek brushing off the pain. 

He laughed out loud seeing how I reacted. He then pulled my hand he was still holding and led me towards the car. 

"Ji hyo let's go back into the car, you're freezing right?"

I didn't feel cold after our hug but once he pointed out that I was freezing, I touched my arm with my free hand and I was surprise to know that my skin was really cold.

"Oh yes, let's go back in."

We walked back slowly to his car side by side with hands held tight.

I looked at Gary's face while we were walking and he was grinning.

"Yah, why are you smiling that way oppa?"

"Oh it's nothing, I'm just so happy right now." I completely understood him because I was too. 

"Me too" I said with a faint voice because I was too shy to say it out loud.

"What was that?" he turned to me with his foolish smile on him. It was obvious that he heard it and that he wanted to play around.

I glared at him.

"What? I didn't say anything." I denied.

"Oh? I was sure you said something."

"Nope nothing, I bet you're just hearing things." 

"Hahaha nothing?" He stared at me. Since I didn't say anything he just said, "Arasso, I didn't hear anything", closing the topic.

We reached the car and he opened the passenger's seat for me. 

"Thanks oppa"

"Of course anything for my Mong ji" he replied emphasizing the 'my' as he said it.

Before I could react, he closed the door and ran towards the driver's seat.

"Waah, it's really cold outside." He said as he got in.

I was going to comment about how he called me a while ago but he cut me off by asking, "Ji hyo can we go somewhere tonight? I want to show you something."

Without looking at the time and thinking about my schedule I answered him with a happy, "Yah sure, where do you want to go?" 

"It's a secret. You'll know when we get there." He said as he grinned at me.

Gary the engine and he drived us swiftly in the cold night.
Where were we going? I didn't care. As long as I could be with oppa I will absolutely be happy.

---------------------------------------------

Yey end of chapter 8! Where do you think they are going? you'll know on the next chapter. :) This chapter was a long one too. What did you think about both POV of Ji hyo and Gary? I want to know you thoughts, hope you could vote or comment.

Anyways thank you so much for reading and i'm hoping that you'll continue to support it. 

Kamsahamnida! 😄💗