Chapter 8: I Love You

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Song Ji Hyo's POV

Have you ever experienced a time that you were too shocked and you couldn't feel your body anymore? 

You're mind just goes blank, your ears block any bit of sound that you might hear and your eyes just stares deeply through the air. 

But the only thing that makes you believe that your still alive is your heart beat. You feel your chest getting tighter and tighter as each beat becomes heavier after the next.

---------------------------------------------

"I Love You" I heard Gary said. 

Did I hear it right? Oh God, first I can't control my body and now I'm hearing things? I really need to see a doctor as soon as possible. 

I was waiting for him to go on. Waiting for something, probably a "hey ji hyo, I was just joking" or a "Got you! Did I fool you?" Anything would do just to make me believe that I heard it wrong but.. but.. but it never came.

I felt Gary's hands squeeze mine gently and I woke up from my own trance. He was still staring through my eyes deeply. 

"Gary, what.. what did you just say to me?" My voice was shaking and it was obvious that I was nervous. I have never been this nervous in front of Gary ever.

He still had a straight face. He opened his mouth again and I anxiously waited for the words again. 

"Song Ji Hyo, I said I love you." He said with more confidence this time.

The second time hearing the same words absolutely had the same effect on me. I froze from the confirmation I got. 

Gary said he loves me.

What happened next suprised me. For one moment I was just staring at him just stunned by his words and the next thing I knew I was already hugging him. I felt my eyes tearing up.

"Ji hyo-ah" He said softly. "What does this mean?" He asked with a hint of surprise in his tone.

As I heard his voice so near me I realized what I was doing. I instantly separated away from Gary. I wiped the tears that were falling on my face and looked outside through my window.

"Ji hyo, what was that hug for? And why are you crying? Are you alright?"

I couldn't look at him. How can I explain what I just did if even I don't know why I did it. And why did I become so emotional all of the sudden? 

There was a long silence between us. My throat started to feel dry again and I was sorry because once I again I was lost with words. Nothing came out.

"Ji Hyo-ah, I'm sorry. Oppa is sorry. Please don't cry anymore. That's the last thing I want to see from you." 

I was shocked to hear him apologizing. Why was he saying sorry all of the sudden?

I instantly faced him and with a coarse voice I said, "Oppa why are you apologizing?" His expression changed. A while ago he was so serious but now he had a face so sad making my heart sink with just one look at him.

"Ji hyo-ah I'm sorry. You can forget what I just said. Let's go." He said and touched the stirring wheel and the gear.

"Oppa wait! Please wait! Let's talk about this." I pleaded as I tried to stop him from moving the car. I didn't want to end our conversation just like this.

"Oppa, look at me." I said but he didn't budge. "Oppa" I said again and touched his shoulder.

"You don't need to feel sorry for me. I'm okay. I'm really sorry, please forget everything tonight. I was stupid, I should have waited more. Aishh.. Stress!" 

"Oppa what are you talking about? Please can you listen to me for a while?Oppa.."

"No Ji hyo, you don't need to explain anything." he said rejecting me again.

Oh God! Why is Gary being so stubborn. Why wouldn't he listen to me? Why is he shutting me out? Here I am trying to explain my side but he just wouldn't let me. 

Aishh, if Gary will be like this I wouldn't think twice from getting out of this car.

"Oppa, what's wrong with you? Why won't you listen to me? Can you please relax and look at me?"

Gary became quiet. He continued to stare outside through the windshield. It was like he was in deep thought. I waited for him to turn to me, will he finally listen to me? 

But I thought too soon, he moved towards the gear of the car again.

Oh so it's going to be that way huh? If you won't give me a chance then I don't need to stay in this car even for a second.

Instantly I opened the door and slammed it closed. I half runned towards the street not knowing where I was going but I actually didn't care.

Probably this is for the best. I may have wanted to say something to him but now that I think of it what was I going to actually say? Well I guess I just wanted my heart to talk and leave the rest to whatever comes into my mind. That would have worked right?

"Ji hyo-ah!" I could hear Gary screaming my name. I really wanted to turn and look at him but I tried my very best to stop.

"Ji hyo-ah stop!" His voice was getting louder making me sense that he was getting closer to me.

Once again my heart never failed me to give me heart attack. I touched my chest over my heart with my hand struggling and trying to lessen its beating even a little as I continued to brisk walk through the dark street.

"Ji hyo please stop" I heard Gary again with a voice of urgency but this time he caught up with me and grabbed my arm.

"Let go Gary, leave me alone!" I answered him strongly and brushed his hold on me as forcefully as I could. As soon as he let me go, I continued to walk on the street I was taking.

But as I took my third step away from Gary, he stopped me from the back, hugging me. His arms were around me instantly and I could feel the amount of strength his was using to stop me.

"I'm sorry Ji hyo-ah" he said softly. 

I froze from our closeness. His mouth was right beside my ear. My chest got tighter and I felt that my knees were growing weak. If Gary wasn't holding me tightly I might have fallen to the ground in no time.

"I'm sorry but I can't leave you alone." He said and with that I felt my shoulders were getting wet. Gary was starting to cry. Instantly I felt heart broken. Why was he crying? I don't want him to cry either. "Please don't turn you back on me." he pleaded.

I remained silent under his embrace and thought of words I could say to erase his sadness and comfort him but my brain wouldn't cooperate. There was just too much to take in tonight and I believe I was starting hyperventilate.

I needed to relax and so I closed my eyes allowing me to feel the warm hug Gary was giving me.

"Gary-ah." I breathed out still having my eyes closed. The next words I was going to say were absolutely difficult. But if I couldn't say it then I will sure regret it. 


"I Love You too." I finally said softly and I felt my heart became lighter.