Chapter 5: Persistence

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

(Continuation of flashback)

Kang Gary's POV

"Are you interested in Ji Hyo-ah?" Her manager's tone was serious as she asked. 

I was shocked to hear her ask herself but now that I think about it, I should have seen this coming. 

I looked down to the coffee I was holding and gave out a smile. I felt a little nervous to honestly answer her but I guess it was for the best.

"Noona" I said as looked into her eyes. "I know that I may sound like a jerk if I would say that I'm interested in Ji hyo especially just after she just broke up from her boyfriend. But.." I said as I looked down again.

"But?"

"But I pretty much don't care anymore. Noona, I really like Ji hyo. No, I don't just like her, I think I'm in love with her. We've been together for years and we see each other every week. I'm sorry if I can't control my feelings towards her. I tried to stop, tried to forget. But it just didn't work." 

As I finished of my sentence, I looked back at her to see how she would react. But her expression was hard to read. I didn't know if she was mad, happy or was sorry for me. I just continued to stare, waiting for her to say something, anything.

Then, it was her turn to put her head down. She stared at her coffee for a while. 

"Gary-ah" she said softly.

It didn't sound good. In an instant my heart sank and my body stiffened.

"Gary.." she continued. But before she could say another word I cut her off.

"Wait noona, before you say anything else could you listen to what I want to say?" She just responded by staying quiet. 

I made up my mind that I won't back down that easily. Ji hyo was taken away from me before and so this time I wouldn't let that happen. No matter what, I'm going to fight for her. This time I wouldn't just stay put.

"Noona, I know that I may not be perfect for Ji hyo or may be not even close to being the right guy for her. She's a very beautiful and talented actress, host and model while I am just a singer, well actually a rapper. You may see me as a bad influence for her. A person who only likes to look cool in front of everyone. But I don't care what you think of me, I don't care what others would think of me. You may call me selfish as much as you want but this time, yes this time I want to be selfish. I don't want to feel the hurt I felt before when Ji hyo turned her back away from me. I don't want to see her cry because of another man ever again in front me. Because if I do, I believe I'll go crazy. I really might go crazy noona." I was talking so fast my heart was racing and tried to catch my breath.

Her manager was quiet. She didn't say anything yet. The silence was killing me making the situation even more awkward that I just wanted to run out of the room and go home.

I've said what I wanted to say and I literally wanted to go straight out the door if she wouldn't say anything.

She breathed out heavily and started to open .

"Gary, I understand what you are trying to say. And you shouldn't put yourself down saying that you aren't good for Ji hyo. Any woman would be happy if a guy like you would be there by her side."

Her words made me feel a little better. I really might have chance for Ji hyo.

"But.." She continued, of course she wasn't done yet. I thought to myself.

"But you know what Ji hyo is experiencing now. She is definitely stressed out and depressed. I don't know if she could handle another relationship with a possibility that it might end and actually hurt her again. I'm just really worried about her."

By then, no words came out from me. I just kept silent allowing her to go on and making me take her words in slowly.

"Honestly, I am not fully against of your feelings towards Ji hyo. I know that those are things that even one self can't even control. But for me, I actually don't know if she even has feelings for you Gary. I also don't want you to get hurt instead if she doesn't."

By then I finally answered back, "Oh don't worry about me noona. I will be okay what ever happens. Like what you said, you might not know how Ji hyo feels about me right now but for that, let me handle it."

"Gary-ah.." she tried to stop me.

"Please noona, please let me do this. If I won't do anything again this time, I'll regret it forever for not being able to tell her how I really feel." I begged. 

"Okay, I get you. But we need to look into the future also. I am her manager and I need to protect her at all times. I'm sure you understand right?" 

"Yes, of course noona. That is your job."

"Well, okay let's say if both of you decide to get together, pretty sure your monday couple fans will go crazy. But of course we have to look on the possibility that you two might break up. Then what? Both of you are artists, an icon and are watched from every corner around the world. Having relationships within the entertainment industry is really not a joke and I'm sure both of you understand about it. If something goes wrong between you two it would directly affect your careers. Are you ready to risk that?" She ended with a question.

Wow, I didn't think about those things seriously. I know that it would be really tough if me and Ji hyo would get together especially when since she's an actress but like what I said, this time I won't give up.

"Noona, I know that if I really would push my feelings it would be really challenging for the both of us. But then again, I won't give up noona. If it would mess up my career then I can't do anything about. What is important for me right now is that I love Ji hyo and I would want to be with her always so that I can make her happy and protect her."

Her manager just stared at me and then gave me a smile. Seeing her smile after a serious conversation allowed me to finally relax in my seat. I was certainly going to lose it if we would still continue. My head was starting to feel heavy. I wasn't really good in handling these types of serious interrogations.

"Alright Gary, both of you aren't young anymore. You two also have been in this industry for quite sometime now so you know how these things work. Anyways Ji hyo is still hurt right now so don't do anything and push her yet okay? Just take it slowly and allow her to recover first before you make any moves on her. Do you understand Gary?"

"Yes noona, I don't know what to say. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much noona. I promise that I will make Ji hyo happy no matter what." 

I felt really happy. Literally I was overjoyed. I just kept smiling and smiling until I felt the pain around my mouth. I must have been smiling excessively. And then I laughed but just the thought of it.

I will win Ji hyo's heart no matter what. I will not be coward. I will be a man who stands up for the person he loves. 

Ji hyo-ah just wait and see, I'll make you fall in love with me.

(End of flashback)

 

 

How was chapter five everyone? Hehe what do you think will happen next? :)