Chapter 1: Realization

My heart has always belonged to you: A Monday Couple Fanfic

Song Ji Hyo's POV

I believe many were shocked when me and Chang Ju oppa confirmed that we were in a relationship. There were different kinds of reactions and comments both good ones and bad ones.

Though I have dated Chang Ju oppa, those times were just actually infatuations and here I thought that he was really the one for me. Yes, he made me happy and I was really comfortable being around him. But then things suddenly got complicated. He changed and I changed too. Happy times were over and both of us just started to drift away from each other.

The last thing that he said to me was, "You've changed a lot. I don't think we should be together anymore. You don't look at me the same way as you did before when we were first dating. I think it's best that we break-up. There are other guys that can make you happy Ji hyo-ah. They may be just near you and you are just so blank to even notice it. Your heart knows it but your mind doesn't." He let out a long sigh and continued. "I really still love you but now it's in a different way. Ji hyo-ah, I want you to be happy."

The words of Chang Ju oppa stunned me. Everything he said to me felt like arrows that were aimed directly towards my heart. I wasn't able to say anything out of shock and my tears just came down non-stop. I couldn't help myself but just cry for what Chang Ju oppa was doing to me. I didn't understand what he was saying but his eyes were dead serious and I knew he was telling the truth. I knew he was sincere for wanting to break-up. So, I didn't answer him back and just fell to my knees with tears falling onto my skirt.

I honestly had a difficult time moving on. Days past after out break-up but my eyes were constantly getting red each night. All the RM members were concerned on the sudden change of my mood and of course my manager was also definitely worried.

I knew that our relationship had to end and I shouldn't bring those emotions and problems on set. So, I tried my best to pull myself together and put on a smile back while I was working. Trying to hide the pain I had deep inside where my heart just felt like it was into half.

With the help of my friends, I was able feel better and recover. I started to laugh again and would try to win the challenges in RM. Monday Couple started to get known again after quite some time of being idle.

I was really glad that Gary oppa didn't mind at all for bringing back MC. And this time he became even funnier and more daring as the monday boyfriend and I didn't mind at all. There were even times that I initiated the couple's stuff, bringing back the good times we had before.

But the one thing that changed on how I looked and felt towards Gary was when he suddenly kissed me on the cheek on an episode in RM when the guests were GD, Dae Sung, and Seung-ri. I was really shocked and stunned from what he did so no word came out from my mouth. My heart beat raced and it felt like I've been running for hours since I felt that my heart could just jump out from my chest anytime.

 


That was the first time when I actually felt something for Gary. His bold action made me realize that I had feelings for him. And honestly I was thankful about it.

 

(Flashback)

During the break of filming RM

Everyone was off to change into their team uniforms while I changed into mine as well. I was the first to finish and I sat on a chair at the very side of the set holding on an orange juice that the staff just gave. I held the bottle tightly and I tried to open the cap when someone called out my name.

"Ji Hyo-ah!" I looked up towards the direction of the voice. It was Gary and he was walking towards me. "Oh, oppa" I answered him back.

I watched him getting closer and then my heart suddenly beats faster and faster. I put my head down and stared on my shoes. I told to myself, "Yah, get a hold of yourself Ji Hyo. What's wrong with you? It's just Gary, relax."

"Ji hyo, what's wrong? Is there something on your shoe?" Gary asked and he bent down on his knees while he placed his right hand on my left knee. I got shocked with his touched and instantaneously got up.

I was so flustered and I got confused on what I should do. It wasn't the first time Gary has touched me but it was the first time where his touch gave out an electric shock through my body.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?" He asked shocked. "Oh, uhm, no nothing's wrong. I just felt like standing since you are here." What? What was I saying that was such a lame answer, I thought to myself.

Gary answered with a slow, 'Ohh' and he showed me one of the cutest smiles he had and just seeing it made me blush and smile too.

Oh no, what's wrong with me. Stop Ji hyo, stop. Just calm down and relax. "Ahm so why did you call me?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Ah, oh yes. I was actually going to apologize for my actions a while ago. I'm sorry if you got shocked, I really didn't know what I was doing. I think I just got overjoyed and it just popped out of my mind to kiss you. I'm really sorry Ji hyo. I hope you're not mad." He explained.

While he was talking, my whole body started to get cold as I remembered the kiss a while ago.

"Ah, what? Mad? Oh no, I'm not mad. Not at all." And I gave out a small laugh. "It's alright, yes it totally gave me a shock but it was kind of...." I trailed off rubbing my left elbow with my right hand.

"It was kind of what?" Gary asked immediately. His eyes lit up and a smile started to form on his face.

Ooops, I shouldn't have said that, I shouldn't have said that. I thought to myself and bit my lip. "Yah, what are you thinking?" I answered him back.

"Nothing, I wasn't thinking of anything." He said and laughed. "So you were fine with the kiss, I bet you liked it." He said jokingly.

My face got red from what he said. "Yah, Kang Gary!" I yelled and pushed his chest. "You really like to make fun of me as always don't you?"

"Hehehe of course because our Mong Ji is always cute whenever she's shy or even angry."

"Hey, stop joking around. I bet everyone's waiting for us. It's almost time to start filming again." I pulled his arm to where everyone was. But then he slid his arm upwards and held my hand.

I stopped walking and looked at our hands intertwined with each other. "Yah, stop joking Gary." I said and pulled my hand and started to run. "Alright, alright I'll stop." He said while laughing as he started to catch up on me.

I just smiled back and we reached to where everyone was.

That night I had a hard time sleeping because of what happened that day. I couldn't help but smile and laugh on my bed. It was a really long night for me.

(Flashback ends)

 

 

 

Thanks everyone! Chapter 1 ends here. I'm sorry if the first part was all about Ji hyo's thoughts. I really want to at least let everyone feel how ji hyo may have felt before she had feelings for Gary. Also the flash back may have been too long but I wanted to put things in detail. So I hope it was fine for everyone.


Hope anyone can comment so that I could know your thoughts about the fanfic. Thanks.