fulfilled dreams

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

27th January 2012.

The six members of BAP stood by the music bank stage where they would, in a few moments, finally be able to show the world what they had been slaving away all this while for. All of a sudden the previous practices, the fatigue and the pain wasn't all that burdensome any more. It was all worth it in the end, all of them agreed as they stood together in a circle, donned in their stage costumes, feeling the adrenaline rush of finally having the chance to stand on stage. For once, they felt grounded with the assurance that they would have a future in the Kpop industry. 

But of course, with the excitement and anticipation came the nerves and Junhong wasn't spared the torture of fluttering butterflies in his stomach. He wanted so much for Yongguk to just embrace him and tell him everything would be fine, but he knew they couldn't. There were people watching, there always were. Yongguk saw how Junhong kept fidgeting and nibbling at his lower lips, signs that he was restless and nervous, and he had to resist the urge to plant a kiss on him to assure him that everything would be perfect today. Instead he made do by slipping his hand into Junhong's slender ones, giving it a slight squeeze as Junhong looks at him and shoots him a grin.

Warrior. 

Their debut song reminded Yongguk so much of Junhong and how he used to be that little kid who often fell and needed his help getting up. But he remembered also how he used to call him a warrior, and still thought of him as one, because despite how he broke down on certain occasions, Yongguk saw how Junhong never gave up. 

On Junhong's part, he remembered the warm embraces, the words of encouragement that gave him the strength to carry on. The unwavering support and the presence of Yongguk made up for the fact that he had no time for friends and family. He remembers asking Yongguk if one day, they would really be able to debut. Yongguk had said yes and now they stood together before the stage they had worked so hard for. He trusted Yongguk and knew he always would.

As they walk up the side steps of the stage, the members glance at one another and grin. The lights on stage are glaring and orders are shouted through microphones here and there, but the members felt a surreal peace as they stood in the beginning formation. Their ears buzzed with an unusual silence as they waited together for their cue to go. 

3,2,1 cue!

As soon as the music blasts, the six members explode into a flurry of movement, synchronized and strong as the vocals come in powerful and oozing with confidence, from hours after hours of endless practice to perfect each and every detail that they made sure they wouldn't miss. They were the only ones who saw their own sweat and tears and progress, but it didn't matter because all they wanted was for the end product to be loved by others.Their gazes hold strong as they perform, remembering each and every move they make, something that would soon become an unforgettable memory in their journey to stardom.

As the music comes to an end, the members heave in exhaustion from giving their best for their first stage. Their breaths are still heavy as they bow to the staff and once done, they grab onto one another and hug each other tight, ecstatic. The crew smiles warmly at the sight but calls them back to take a few other shots, they wanted the final product to be good. The members were tired but they didn't mind at all, instead they jumped at the chance to spend a few more moments under the spotlights on the stage. They give it their all and so when they are finally done with the shoot, they stumble of stage like their legs had all given in. But it didn't take away any of their happiness. 

On the way back to their dormitory, all the members chatted excitedly about how awesome the day had been but ended up falling asleep one by one, giving in after trying so hard to fight their fatigue. Only Yongguk and Junhong remained awake in the backseat, gaining a little time to themselves as they laughed silently together as they mwatched their members lolling around in their seats with occasional soft snores. Junhong looks up at Yongguk and smiles as he leans against his broad shoulders, a position he'd long since grown accustomed to. Snuggling in, he gives a sigh of satisfaction as Yongguk wraps an arm around him, keeping him snug. He wishes this day could last forever but he knows better days are waiting for them. He speaks,"Gukkie hyung, you know how the audience seats were empty today? I was staring into the darkness and I imagined an entire crowd waving lightsticks and banners at us, and I heard their cheers and chants. I can't wait Yongguk." 

Yongguk chuckles at Junhong's imagined audience, but thinks too about the euphoria they would experience with a whole crowd of fans cheering them on and supporting their music. "Yeah that would be awesome. But what if you end up loving the fans too much and you forget me?" Yongguk teases Junhong as he nuzzles his chin against the crown of Junhong's head and although Yongguk can't see it, Junhong blushes a  beautiful crimson red as he thinks about how that would be impossible, he loves Yongguk more than anything. At Junhong's silence, Yongguk continues,"But it's okay because I know you will love me anyway. And you know that I will love you too." Junhong smiles radiantly as he feels a surge of happiness and nods in reply.

As the bus rumbles on, their lids grow heavy and as they lean against each other, they too fall into a peaceful slumber filled with dreams of a beautiful future.

 


 

End.