it's alright

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

As Jongup and Junhong left the room, the remaining three members all looked towards Yongguk who hadn't moved from his hunched position since the morning. Yongguk could feel the prickling glares directed at him but he couldn't get himself to move. Instead he let the tension build up until he was squirming in the silence. Himchan finally blew his top and semi shouted, "Dammit Yongguk, just tell us what's wrong will you. We aren't dumb, we know something's going on between the two of you."

Yongguk sighed and looked up at them slowly, eyes wary. He knew he wouldn't be able to keep it under wraps but he didn't want to face it just yet. He didn't want to know what the others felt about it, what the public would feel about it, what the company would say about it. He knew more than anything that he was being a coward and Junhong didn't deserve all this but he didn't know how to handle it. 

Daehyun saw how conflicted Yongguk was and could more or less guess what had happened. Honestly, all the members had more or less been expecting sparks to fly between the two but they hadn't seen it coming in such an awkward manner. "Yongguk Hyung it's alright we won't react badly or anything but did one of you confess or something along that line?" He asked calmly. Yongguk's expression gave it all away as he stared at all three of them with a look of disbelief. "What!?!?!" He cried.

Youngjae was the first to get over his laughter as he teased, "Yongguk Hyung we are pretty observant right, aren't we?" Yongguk didn't speak for a while until finally he said, "Okay well since you guys already know about this... help me! I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do now that Junhong... Er well... well he kind of confessed." The three members looked at each other and with great coordination, jumped up and wolf whistled at the same time. The reaction however wasn't all that pleasing to Yongguk as he buried his face into his two hands. "You guys aren't helping at all," he grumbled noisily.

Finally they all calmed down and as they sat down around Yongguk again they finally noticed how burdened he look. "Hey, just chill okay. Things might be a little rough right now but it always smoothens out in the end. As long as you love him too, which I'm pretty sure you do, it's going to be okay." Himchan said encouragingly. Yongguk didn't know whether he felt any better but he sure hoped he did. Youngjae saw his dubious expression and tried again, "Stop hesitating Yongguk hyung, just talk about it with Junhong properly later okay?"

Just then, Jongup opened the door to the studio and a silent Junhong trudged in behind him. He had his head lowered  and his fringe sheltered his eyes from what he was afraid to face. Jongup eyed the remaining three members without looking at Yongguk and they all got the hint. Standing up casually while stretching they mumbled excuses such as having to use the washroom and grabbing food from the cafetaria. Yongguk rolled his eyes internally at their blatantness but then felt a sense of dread immediately after he realized what would happen next. 

As soon as the door to the studio clicked close, the silence became overwhelming and it felt like waves crashing sudden and fast upon the two and they felt as if they were drowning in the helplessness. Junhong hated it, hated how he'd caused the two of them to be unable to even talk comfortably, unable to even form coherent sentences because they were unwilling to speak to one another. It hurt so much, he began to tear even though he felt the embarrassment coursing through his veins. The silent tears trickling down his pale face slowly became uncontrolled sobs.

Yongguk stood rooted to the spot, appalled at Junhong's tears. He felt his heart cracking as he watched the boy he loved being hurt because of him. Instinctively, he stepped towards Junhong and wrapped his arms tightly around Junhong. He wanted to speak, but he choked on his words so much it proved difficult. But he wanted to tell Junhong so badly that things were going to be okay. He forced his words out in a garbled voice, "I'm so sorry Junhong ah I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway. I love you more than anything, even before you told me about how you felt. I love you so much that I am afraid I will hurt you if I try to love you back."

Junhong's breathing evened out gradually as he leaned into Yongguk as if only Yongguk could hold his weight and finally when he thought he was ready, he looked Yongguk straight in the eye. His eyes were full of determination, love, hurt and so much more that Yongguk couldn't recognize. He spoke his words in a voice hoarse from the crying, "Don't be afraid Gukkie Hyung" He reached out and gently dabbed at the tears that Yongguk didnt realise were there. He'd been crying too, feeling the fear and worry and hurt.

But as Junhong lovingly wiped away those painful tears, he decided that he didn't and wouldn't give a damn about anything else anymore. He needed Junhong and Junhong needed him. Nothing else mattered at the moment as he held Junhong tightly in his arms and felt the bliss coursing through his every limb. He felt so happy he thought he'd cry again but he held it back and whispered,"Thank you Junhong ah, I love you." Junhong had his face buried in the crook of Yongguk's neck, a position they were already so comfortable with and gave a muffled I love you back in return.

Yongguk knew Junhong was smiling although he couldn't see his face. And he was smiling too, because his angel decided to allow him to.