jealous heart

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

The members sat at the side of the practice room as they watched Yongguk in the middle of the room, standing awkwardly by the side of a drop dead gorgeous girl. They didn't even bother to hide their excitement and amusement, sniggering blatantly by the side, causing Yongguk's face to turn a shade darker. It was torturous for Yongguk as he faced the girl before him.

Kim Seyon, trainee of 5 years and a year younger than Yongguk. They were supposed to collaborate on a song and if it worked out well, the company planned to debut it as a single. Though Yongguk had previously done a collaboration with a senior in their company, he wasn't comfortable at all with the current situation. He gulped as he cleared his throat and introduced himself 

The girl smiled sweetly, sickly sweet in Yongguk's opinion and introduced herself as well, stepping closer towards Yongguk as she did so. Unconsciously, Yongguk stepped back and the girl stopped abruptly, embarrassed. Yongguk knew better, these kind of girls were never up to good. He knew as he listened to her sing for the first time that she had no passion for music, just greed for fame. 

Soon the members were ushered out the room by their trainer so as to start on the duet's practice. The members made a big fuss as they wolf whistled and awwed  while running out the doors. But there was one person, who was quiet all the while. Junhong was the last to leave and as he looked back at the pair in the room, he caught Yongguk's eye. But he did'nt say goodbye. Instead he turned around silently and closed the door with a click.

Yongguk furrowed his brows, slightly worried about Junhong. He had seemed out of sorts the entire morning and he was worried he might have fallen sick again. But he shook away the thought and put his focus back on the trainer standing before them. The atmosphere was more than awkward but Yongguk didn't feel like trying to break the ice. 

The rest of the members moved to a separate room to continue with their own practice and soon they forgot about a certain member still stuck somewhere else. Junhong however, kept eyeing the door and fidgeting around as he practiced his rap. All the other members had graciously accepted that Yongguk had gotten another collaboration and though envious, they were still fully supportive of their leader. For Junhong though, it was a different story.

Sure, he didn't mind the collaboration and was totally excited for Yongguk when he got the news. But it changed the moment he saw the girl Yongguk was supposed to be working with. It irked him so much to see her standing beside Yongguk, he didn't even know why. Honestly he just didn't like her, but then again he hadn't known her or even spoke to her so he didn't understand where all the negative feelings to her were coming from, other than the fact that she did look a little y, as if she were trying to seduce all the guys around her. 

Junhong sighed as he tried to pull his focus back onto his work. "Junhong, you alright? You seem so out of it," Jongup said as he plonked himself down beside Junhong, sweaty and heaving from the earlier dance routine. Junhong looked up in surprise and nodded slowly, "Yeah I guess I'm fine?" Jongup didn't look totally convinced and Junhong himself wasn't all that convinced too, but he only nodded his head and said, "It's alright you're going to see him soon, just wait till lunch. Oh and I'm pretty sure he doesn't like that girl too" With that, Jongup stood up again to continue practicing his routine, leaving Junhong in a daze on the floor.

Then it hit Junhong, Jongup had been talking about Yongguk. He couldn't stop the red from rising up his cheeks. Was it that obvious that he had been thinking about  Gukkie Hyung? And that lasts sentence. Was he jealous? Junhong was confused and a mess. Why would he be jealous of that girl? It wasn't making sense to him. 

The other members in the room had been observing Junhong and could only sigh as he mumbled to himself with a scrunched up face. They wished he would understand his heart soon because it was painful to see him look so lost. They'd seen who he smiled the most to, who he talked to the most, who he'd hugged the most, who he'd run to whenever he needed to find comfort. And mostly they saw how he looked at him differently, eyes lighting up whenever he was around. But they didn't want to interfere, so they kept their silence. 

It felt like eternity as Junhong waited for their lunch break to come, forcing himself to go through his rap again and again till he knew it by heart. 

Yongguk on the other hand, wasn't having it easy either. It turned out that the girl wasn't all that easy to deal with. She kept sending him flirtatious looks and pushing his limits. It was good that he dealt with five monkeys everyday and had the tolerance and patience of a mother of five. He sighed in relief when they were finally released. The girl had been entirely unproductive and unprofessional. Sure she could sing, but there was little to no emotions and she was easily distracted. Yongguk could only shake his head. 

As he walked into the room where s were practicing, he smiled as his eyes fell on Junhong, still hard at work with his rap. "Hey Hyung you're back!" Daehyun greeted him as he walked in the doors. Junhong looked up and immediately stood and ran to give him a hug. Yongguk's heart was instantly warmed and thoughts about the girl were flung away. The rest of the members chuckled at the sight and Himchan announced shamelessly, "You should have seen how anxious he was when you were in the other room. Like a love sick kid I swear."

Junhong didn't do anything but push his burning face deeper into Yongguk's embrace as Yongguk looked down at him, smiling warmer than ever.